Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• Moderators

Ha, great win for the lads! Only their 2nd loss of the season (t'other being to your lot) I was busy doing stock car racing in Brum with Sweep.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

stock car racing

the bloke who calls athletics dull

10 and 10 for me.

Hamer Cup in same format.

Introduce Cross Cup to make up the numbers of games. Play 4 groups of 5, playing each other once. Top 2 go through to the last 8. There's your minimum of 4 games with a maximum of 7.

Sounds good to me.

Go for 12 and 8 and I'm thinking a few of the 8 will be thinking of joining GM league.. and you couldn't blame them.

Stupidest proposal ever . Playing same team 3 times is fucking lunacy . 10 and 10 or I'm convinced teams will leave and not just the teams in the 8 either

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Bradshaw recently played a seconds game at L/H. With a newly selected 12 year old Lancs junior in the Bradshaw line-up, he went in and knocked their main bowler for a four. Next ball was sent rattling at his head. Well done L/H!

Agree with HNorwich on that one. If an adult knocked you for four and you'd bowl hem a bouncer the next ball then the bowler should do whatever they do, they didn't select the 12 year old. If Bradshaw think he's good enough then that's their decision and sounds like the kid can clearly play so you can't expect the bowler just to keep bowling in the slot to him.

Only time I'd say it's wrong is if a kid comes in number 11 to make up numbers and can't get near the ball then the skipper should make sure team just tries to dismiss him sensibly and not damage the confidence

Nowt wrong with that. Remember him well. He said something very similar to me as a kid. Mine was a nice cover drive for 4 though........

Think Seasoned Traveller was batting with me that day. Gary Yates sub pro'd for LL.