Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Darts

L/H White

The BDO comp is so poor in comparison to the PDC..I have seen better dart players in my local

We were talking about that at work yesterday. How do you qualify for the BDO, is it just by winning local and county competitions. When it finishes, do they go back to their normal jobs, or is it full time work for them?

We were talking about that at work yesterday. How do you qualify for the BDO, is it just by winning local and county competitions. When it finishes, do they go back to their normal jobs, or is it full time work for them?

Some full time, most have jobs

BDO is a ballache

They have tournaments all round europe, with very little prize money

PDC have weekend comps every fortnight, for good money, which is how their ranking system works

BDO is shockingly bad, can't see it lasting much longer.

OK and the football league should wrap up as it is really poor compared to the prem.

The BDO system is fine and fair to all, anyone can join a team in the Super League and work their way up to county standard, etc.

Yes it is inferior because the better players will go to the PDC for money but where do you think Taylor, Bunting, Barney and most of the rest started out?

FFS

OK and the football league should wrap up as it is really poor compared to the prem.

The BDO system is fine and fair to all, anyone can join a team in the Super League and work their way up to county standard, etc.

Yes it is inferior because the better players will go to the PDC for money but where do you think Taylor, Bunting, Barney and most of the rest started out?

FFS

There was no PDC when taylor started out.

and it's never moved on since

hence why there's no good players in it, it needs scrapping

it's a joke they call it a world championship

You are dense. Liverpool deserve you!

Let me explain.

Young players start at grass roots level become good players in the BDO like Taylor and co.

Then they progress to the Pdc.

If you scrap the BDO young players have no where to develop.

It's like Bolton scrapping their academy because attendances are low!

You are dense. Liverpool deserve you!

Let me explain.

Young players start at grass roots level become good players in the BDO like Taylor and co.

Then they progress to the Pdc.

If you scrap the BDO young players have no where to develop.

It's like Bolton scrapping their academy because attendances are low!

You are dense.

Let me explain

The PDC have a youth tour

Keegan Brown pretty much used that to qulaify for the worlds, and he's better than anything the BDO have.

Bolton deserve you.

We need both BDO and PDC, but they are drifting further apart.

The money is now in the PDC, that's why the standard is higher, but anyone can still join the PDPA and enter the qualifying tournements.

I now what you're getting at, but, they have no right to call it a world championship, it's fucking toilet

The averages are late in the late 80's/low 90's that win the tournements in BDO, not good enough these days, standard is much higher in the PDC.

Still £300k to the winner though!

£100k. £300k is the total prize money for the field.

£12k for the women's winner - sexist should be equal prize money

£100k. £300k is the total prize money for the field.

£12k for the women's winner - sexist should be equal prize money

Not if they're shitter than the men.

Scrap the womens comp, put 'em in the men's cop and boost the prize fund.

Not if they're shitter than the men.

Scrap the womens comp, put 'em in the men's cop and boost the prize fund.

I don't see why women and men need to be separated, it shouldn't make any difference in that "sport" if you're male or a lesbian

• Site Supporter

Don't agree with Ryan on scrapping the BDO, but agree that it shouldn't be called a World Championship, always find it weird that Barney gets announced as 5 times World Champion when 4 of these were BDO whilst all the better players were in the PDC. Taylor's 2 wins in the BDO were before PDC existed so they are rightly recognised.

Having said that, it's not as bad as the Boxing with all the various organisations.