Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2015 Rugby Union World Cup Thread

Underpants

Decidedly second best to even watching Tranmere fail in the Vanarama!

Taking the Wanderers out of it then the greatest match in any sport I have ever seen is France-New Zealand in the 2007 World Cup. I don't think anything this weekend will live up to it but Ireland-Argies and Wales-SAfers will be real battles.

• Members

Wont be going out of my way to watch any games now, apart from the final maybe. Just as long as a 6 nations team doesn't win i couldnt care less. Yes, even Australia. Soz Bolty!

The perfect result for me would be those lovely Kiwi's winning it. Like you, no 6 Nations team please. Only one Northern Hemisphere team has won it. I know. I was there. Long may we hold that record - hopefully by adding to it somewhere along the line.

All Blacks winning it pisses off Orstralians as much as us winning it - especially if the Wallies are the losing finalists.

This is my fervent hope - crestfallen Aussies remains a major delight. Aotearoa.

Edited by bolty58

The perfect result for me would be those lovely Kiwi's winning it. Like you, no 6 Nations team please. Only one Northern Hemisphere team has won it. I know. I was there. Long may we hold that record - hopefully by adding to it somewhere along the line.

All Blacks winning it pisses off Orstralians as much as us winning it - especially if the Wallies are the losing finalists.

This is my fervent hope - crestfallen Aussies remains a major delight. Aotearoa.

Having beaten England and Wales already, Australia could beat Scotland and then Ireland to reach the final.

For Wales to win they probably now have to beat South Africa, New Zealand and Australia in successive weekends.

Having beaten England and Wales already, Australia could beat Scotland and then Ireland to reach the final.

For Wales to win they probably now have to beat South Africa, New Zealand and Australia in successive weekends.

Some ex player pundits were tipping the Argies to turn over the Orish on the radio yesterday, based on the latter losing three of their key players against the French last week. Reckon they can't afford to lose that quality against a pretty big argie side.

Some ex player pundits were tipping the Argies to turn over the Orish on the radio yesterday, based on the latter losing three of their key players against the French last week. Reckon they can't afford to lose that quality against a pretty big argie side.

Indeed they could. But the most important Argie there seems to be the one coaching the Aussies scrummaging technique.

Indeed they could. But the most important Argie there seems to be the one coaching the Aussies scrummaging technique.

dont usually like those "funky" camera angles but that overhead camera for the scrums really is telling

knew we were in trouble against Australia

oh for an Andrew Sheridan again

echo Whites Man, backing Australia

• Members

echo Whites Man, backing Australia

What is wrong with you people!!!??? Trust me, Aussies support absolutely everyone against England at every fucking thing so why the fuck any Englishman wants them to win anything is completely beyond me.

It may be that in your case, Jay Jay, you are in a similar position to myself and sick to fucking death about hearing about your adopted homes team. In that case, I do understand but fervently hope that you are disappointed.