Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

La To Tijuana

The True Marple White

I've been, we stayed in San Diego for a couple of nights then crossed the border, it's fucking mentle, the nightlife is wild, you have to do it. You get mithered all day with people trying to sell you tat but once it does dark, you can get anything. I was off my face for about 3 days

It's definitely worth doing, we stayed at the Hotel Hacienda del Rio which cost about £25 per room per night, had a pool and everything

Go and buy loads of drugs and shag loads of pissed up Americans

I spent a few weeks in Southern California in 2005, and went for a day trip to Tijuana. Tips from my point of view:

1) If you're walking around past all the crappy shops, do NOT wear anything that can easily identify you and bring attention to yourself.

2) Do not let random guys pour tequila into your open mouth. It's a bad plan.

3) Do NOT drink the water, or eat any food washed in the water (such as lettuce in the tacos etc).

4) Make sure you take your passport AND your green visa waiver card. I forgot my green waiver card and had to spend 3 hours in quarantine while my American cousin returned to his house to pick it up.

If I think of more, I'll update.

All in all, it was a pretty dire experience.

I spent a few weeks in Southern California in 2005, and went for a day trip to Tijuana. Tips from my point of view:

1) If you're walking around past all the crappy shops, do NOT wear anything that can easily identify you and bring attention to yourself.

3) Do NOT drink the water, or eat any food washed in the water (such as lettuce in the tacos etc).

4) Make sure you take your passport AND your green visa waiver card. I forgot my green waiver card and had to spend 3 hours in quarantine while my American cousin returned to his house to pick it up.

All good advice, but Visa waiver cards were phased out in 2010!

All good advice, but Visa waiver cards were phased out in 2010!

Fair enough. Well let's change 4 to "Don't forget your passport" :P