Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Today's Games

L/H White

That’s my concern with us playing Sweden

We will be red hot favourites and they will be very hard to breakdown

I think we would have similar trouble against this Denmark side

Our new style under GS would be better suited coming up against a more open side, for me anyway

Bwfcfan5 - Fuck off you cunt

Your an absolute cretin

I think Uruguay would beat France and Mexico Brazil (as I said plenty of times), so yes Japan and Mexico is an easier route than Colombia and Sweden IMO

Wanker

Jesus Christ. Nobody in their right mind wants us in the other half of the draw.

If we lose to Colombia which is more than possible we’d have no hope against Mexico or Brazil or the majority of that half of the draw. IF we beat Colombia we have momentum and potentially sides who will be more scared of us than we will of them.

You tried to do some mental gymnastics to say we are in the wrong half. But clearly without any shadow of a doubt we aren’t. Whether we can beat anyone in a knockout game remains to be seen.

Why's that not a red

Double jeopardy. I assume that is why. Changed last season, fouls like that are now punished with a penalty rather than a pen and sending off. Only send off if it is dangerous or reckless.

Idea was to stop ruining games by sending someone off and awarding a penalty early in games.

Almost up there with Suarez v Ghana in 2010 that haha

something about double whammy or summat, Sanchez got sent off earlier in tournament for Columbia after stopping a goal with his hand, that tackle stopped a certain goal and only get's a yellow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.