Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Today's Games

L/H White

awful teams

I'd wager that our "youthful and exciting" team might struggle to look much better trying to break down either side.

Both teams are easy-ish looking ties on paper but you've still got to break them down and then take the chances you create.

Aye but I'd rather play the Swiss

As I type that Sweden score . . .

The last ex-wanderer exiting the competition?

I heard somert on the TV earlier and was sure i'd heard it wrong, so checked the FIFA rankings.

Sweden are ranked as 24th, which was lower than i'd imagined but the Swiss are ranked 6th in the world!!

I looked yesterday and they were 11th

The only team In our half above us

I have an unhealthy and unexplainable dislike for Uruguay, In fact, there arent many national teams i dislike more. But the French are definitely one. The French can fuck off

Come on Uruguay 

Unexplainable? Their football sides are usually dirty, usually bend rules to the absolute max, and often find ways to cheat. That is why I dislike their football teams, generally.

Exemplified by Suarez I guess.

Have no emotions about France either way. 

Unexplainable? Their football sides are usually dirty, usually bend rules to the absolute max, and often find ways to cheat. 

like 99% of South American teams and the majority of teams the world over.

we dont come across them often enough for me to carry any legitimate dislike. We have never fallen foul of it outright, they beat us fair & square in 2014.

i like a few of their players individually but as a collective theyre vermin 

Edited by barrycowdrill

like 99% of South American teams and the majority of teams the world over.

we dont come across them often enough for me to carry any legitimate dislike. We have never fallen foul of it outright, they beat us fair & square in 2014.

i like a few of their players individually but as a collective theyre vermin 

Uruguay > Argentina everytime though.

I have a slight soft spot for them for some reason.  Bit of a S American underdog perhaps or my enemies enemy n all that? ;) 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.