Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Dead pool 2020

MickyD

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Best American sport IMO

Not a chance 

American football is possibly the best sport on earth and baseball also pisses on it. And I like basketball but those two are much better. Ice hockey also decent but bottom of that group 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not a chance 

American football is possibly the best sport on earth and baseball also pisses on it. And I like basketball but those two are much better. Ice hockey also decent but bottom of that group 

Not often I disagree with you, but I wouldn't go to an American football game if someone paid me.

I'd quite like the off field stuff, then go home again, without the game.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not often I disagree with you, but I wouldn't go to an American football game if someone paid me.

Bit like some Bolton away games.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Each to their own mate. Your opinion is valid as was mine expressed to rudy. If we all liked the same stuff it would be awfully boring. 
and how would we get tickets for anything 😂😂

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Each to their own mate. Your opinion is valid as was mine expressed to rudy. If we all liked the same stuff it would be awfully boring. 
and how would we get tickets for anything 😂😂

Remember being a uni, and loads of loads decided to pile into one room for an overnighter watching the Superbowl.

Fucked off to bed not too far in- was bored shitless. Rather watch egg chasing (league that is as union is decent)

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Remember being a uni, and loads of loads decided to pile into one room for an overnighter watching the Superbowl.

Fucked off to bed not too far in- was bored shitless. Rather watch egg chasing (league that is as union is decent)

Rugby league is the 2nd best sport on the planet. So let’s leave it there 😂😂

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Rugby league is the 2nd best sport on the planet. So let’s leave it there 😂😂

Taken in a match at Wigan (v Bradford iirc), a challenge cup final and an international, both at Wembley. As one offs, an enjoyable day. Just can't get into it like I do with football. Or cricket.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Taken in a match at Wigan (v Bradford iirc), a challenge cup final and an international, both at Wembley. As one offs, an enjoyable day. Just can't get into it like I do with football. Or cricket.

Like I said. Horses for courses mate 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not a chance 

I like American football and watching it last year at the MetLife was fantastic, but watching it on tv I’ll admit it loses my concentration because of the breaks in play, that’s why I like to watch the highlights,  can’t watch baseball too boring, NHL I can’t follow the puck, basketball they are super human athletes and it’s end to end and on every night 😁

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Not a chance 

Bollox. American football is on a par with RL. Basketball is nearly as boring as baseball. Everyone knows the best game on the planet is cricket.

3 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Bollox. American football is on a par with RL. Basketball is nearly as boring as baseball. Everyone knows the best game on the planet is cricket.

I am partial to cricket as well. Spent years playing it as well when I lived in Bolton. 
tbh not many sports I don’t like really. 

baseball wasn’t a favorite at first but been to a few games in Toronto when visiting family and really enjoyed it 

• Members
9 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Cricket is superb fucking love it but can hardly ever find time to watch a full day at the test

• Site Supporter

Baseball is supposed to be quite good but as my wife and daughter both play rounders I can't help making comparisons. 

Ditto with basketball and netball

And that American Football,  get on with the game instead of stopping after you make a pass you fannies!