Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

Old Den bulldozed in 1993

when we went down 2 years ago its all pantomime , caged tunnel to get in the stadium

yet after the match we were all stood together at train station and all on the tube together

Time to  warm up the caterpillar D8s again

I fondly remember Millwall coming to town with all the bullshit build up and being chased down Manny Road back to Trinity Street

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Time to  warm up the caterpillar D8s again

I fondly remember Millwall coming to town with all the bullshit build up and being chased down Manny Road back to Trinity Street

i think they were some of our first visitors after the Embankment got tarted up between seasons with the new concrete steps and the dividing fencing 

Think it was an early season night match

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye, I feel another letter coming on 🤓

Judging by your last few mentions of me, I suspect you may have taken my "letter" post literally. The point I was making was "boooooo" doesn't allow for any nuance. If you had an issue with your mobile phone, I doubt walking into the Apple Store and saying "boooooooooooo" would get you anywhere. Explaining your issue coherently would probably be a better option.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Judging by your last few mentions of me, I suspect you may have taken my "letter" post literally. The point I was making was "boooooo" doesn't allow for any nuance. If you had an issue with your mobile phone, I doubt walking into the Apple Store and saying "boooooooooooo" would get you anywhere. Explaining your issue coherently would probably be a better option.

You could say the same about taking the knee 

It’s quite a blunt way to protest on such a wide subject 

As we know it can be a simple anti racism message or much more (a belief that the system is racists etc) 

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Perfectly reasonable? Just read that back. 

Oh don't bother. 

Yes because they, the ones that booed, the ones who were there, weren’t happy with the link to BLM the political side, like many people arent. When millwall players a few days later linked arms there was no booing, weird that. 

But you and you’re assumptions no better obviously. 

Edited by royal white

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Yes because they, the ones that booed, the ones who were there, weren’t happy with the link to BLM the political side, like many people do. When millwall players a few days later linked arms there was no booing, weird that. 

But you and you’re assumptions no better obviously. 

My kingdom for a revolving door gif.....

• Site Supporter
Just now, birch-chorley said:

You could say the same about taking the knee 

It’s quite a blunt way to protest on such a wide subject 

As we know it can be a simple anti racism message or much more (a belief that the system is racists etc) 

You could, if you were stupid.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Ok

So with a booooo, it isn’t clear what your objecting 

But taking the knee is clear, even though it’s not clear if it’s in support of BLM or not 

It is clear that taking the knee is a purely anti-racism thing. If you think players are doing it to support vandalism and graffiti (or Marxism!), then you are being either purposefully or subconsciously ignorant.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Equitable society. But you don't believe there is any societal imbalance, so nothing to fix, job done, carry on.... 

it’s an opinion, a political one granted but an opinion all the same 

If you spent less time being shitty with people and more time trying to have some proper dialogue on the issues of systemic racism then you might come across a bit better (you might not be bothered to be fair) 

You gave me a shitty reply on Sunday night, inviting me to go onto the ONS to look at the data for myself. I did and shared the data that shows White people underperform vs Chinese and Indian compatriots in nearly all the data. That IMO indicates that the system isn’t racist and cultural differences are the key to economic development (not skin colour) 

I’ve yet to see anything from you that supports your opinion, would appreciate if you did share, ideally ONS data as you requested from me