Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Again - look at the percentages on the ONS, its not difficult.

I have done, shared links as well, do you disagree with any of these 4 points?....

1) Black African, Chinese & Indian groups do better at school than white 

2) Whites are the least likely to go to university 

3) Chinese and Indian groups earn a higher wage than white people in the UK

4) Chinese and Indian British live longer than white British 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

At the end of the day, if footballers want to express their anti-racist views for 4 seconds before kick-off, you must have some sort of issue if you immediately think they're promoting vandalism and graffiti (or Marxism ffs!) rather than the cause they're obviously advocating. Surely it's Common Sense that they're not kneeling to promote anarchy and violence? Not saying it makes you a full-blown racist if you disgree with it, but you're just not on my wavelength.

You've pretty much just spent 3 days telling everyone they are :D

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Woooooah... hang on you pair of soft pansies.........don't be going because the nasty orange man has called you out

Toughen up and get back in the ring...........I've bought some popcorn you mard twats 😃 xx

PS - Actual life experience is better than reading books 😉 

Depends if your worldview ends at your towns boundaries...

Thats Mary Shellys Fankenstien by the way 😉

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You've pretty much just spent 3 days telling everyone they are :D

I really haven't, but I'm sad if thats the impression I've given you.

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

At the end of the day, if footballers want to express their anti-racist views for 4 seconds before kick-off, you must have some sort of issue if you immediately think they're promoting vandalism and graffiti (or Marxism ffs!) rather than the cause they're obviously advocating. Surely it's Common Sense that they're not kneeling to promote anarchy and violence? Not saying it makes you a full-blown racist if you disgree with it, but you're just not on my wavelength.

Maybe they could also do do the nazi salute then, game on game off with that and then kneeling. I don’t for a minute think they’re promoting the murder of Jews, that’s common sense. 

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Woooooah... hang on you pair of soft pansies.........don't be going because the nasty orange man has called you out

Toughen up and get back in the ring...........I've bought some popcorn you mard twats 😃 xx

Thank fuck for that , i thought we were done 

got another 3 bottles to do before bed

reel them in Miami

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Maybe they could also do do the nazi salute then, game on game off with that and then kneeling. I don’t for a minute think they’re promoting the murder of Jews, that’s common sense. 

What a world you must live in.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Get fucked you fat old mutant lobster. 👍

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

This isn't about Millwall fans, it's about a wider issue. If you think this is polarised, deary me. Disagreement is fine, as is discourse, if I disagree I will say. Sick.of the over simplification of this position, you're as bad as the people you hate nonsense, my 14 year old has more sophisticated positions than that.

Basically, some.people on here are excusing a fucking awful position, jumping through hoops to justify it. I get it, and it does go back to what Kent said, but it doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out for what it is.

If that makes me a condescending cock in your eyes, then so be it. Im very happy to wear that badge given your stand on this.particular issue.

The whole discussion is predominantly about Millwall fans.

Youve been offered reasons as to why they booed, youve been offered the situation that occurred afterwards. You choose to ignore any of this and just say those that booed or anyone else that opposes the taking of the knee is a full blown racist.

You been offered valid reason why people think it shouldnt happen. Again not good enough. 

Regarding the wider issues, again you ignore all valid reasons as to why we probably shouldn't be soley focussing on just this part of racism. Again you ignore this. Time and time again birch provides data and facts to suggest theres more to the debate that just white privilege rules.

Your getting offended on somebody elses behalf. 

Open your mind. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The whole discussion is predominantly about Millwall fans.

Youve been offered reasons as to why they booed, youve been offered the situation that occurred afterwards. You choose to ignore any of this and just say those that booed or anyone else that opposes the taking of the knee is a full blown racist.

You been offered valid reason why people think it shouldnt happen. Again not good enough. 

Regarding the wider issues, again you ignore all valid reasons as to why we probably shouldn't be soley focussing on just this part of racism. Again you ignore this. Time and time again birch provides data and facts to suggest theres more to the debate that just white privilege rules.

Your getting offended on somebody elses behalf. 

Open your mind. 

You're defending all Millwall fans on behalf of a few Millwall fans you know....

Open your mind.

Edited by Cheese

how hard is this

i knock on your door 

when you open the door 

i am kneeling down

for any male of any race [or alien being] 

this is not a normal state of affairs

therefore the bolshy fans of Millwall football club do not want to comply

Next game all players link arms , no booing , no problem

crack on

• Site Supporter
Just now, crawshawbooth said:

how hard is this

i knock on your door 

when you open the door 

i am kneeling down

for any male of any race [or alien being] 

this is not a normal state of affairs

therefore the bolshy fans of Millwall football club do not want to comply

Next game all players link arms , no booing , no problem

crack on

Or....

The players kneel...

Crack on

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Or....

The players kneel...

Crack on

The players kneel, the fans boo, crack on 

The main discussion point on Saturday was, are Millwall right to boo or not, many people indicating that it’s a racist act 

The players should be able to support whatever they want but the fans should be allowed to object given it’s a highly divisive political subject

Clearly support for BLM can mean support for the overtly political organisations of the same name. I would think Lewis Hamilton is one who falls within that bracket, and no doubt there are footballers who are of the same mindset. They are, of course, entitled to hold such political opinions.

However, it seems clear to me that the phrase Black Lives Matter has since transcended beyond that and support for it includes a wide range of different viewpoints and perspectives. To me, the claim that taking the knee is de facto support for the political organisations feels like a forced narrative.

Despite that, I still think it was a mistake for the Premier League to adopt the Black Lives Matter slogan at all because it was inevitable that this kind of situation would arise. For me, the right approach would've been to substantially increase funding for Kick it Out (not Show Racism the Red Card) in order to increase their profile, visibility and influence. It's one thing to argue that the organisations sporting bodies support should be non-political (I agree), but equally that support can't just be an empty gesture.