Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire County Cricket Club

deane koontz

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're all a bunch of racists and/or sexist pigs. 

Institutionalised so you're all at it, at all levels.

Or, maybe, the clue was in the sentence mentioning George Floyd at the beginning. 

What a load of meaningless drivel.

Are you suggesting that they prejudged?

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Are you suggesting that they prejudged?

The individuals who set out to complete the report either are, or those who employed them to do it set the parameters to achieve the result they wanted.

What the fuckery a dead druggie 8000 miles away has anything to do with cricket here is beyond me.

Same day, the RNLI has ordered its staff to undergo further diversity training as they are 'ists'.

A sport which has has overseas professionals playing league cricket, and routinely has all Asian origin teams etc etc is racist.

The same sport has come on leaps and bounds with women's game  is sexist.

Strangely, my old gaffer was annoyed over his club's unsuccessful application for lottery/sport England funding, yet the non mixed Bolton Indians down the road received loads.

Positive discrimination, or maybe that is what the report was actually getting at-not!

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The individuals who set out to complete the report either are, or those who employed them to do it set the parameters to achieve the result they wanted.

What the fuckery a dead druggie 8000 miles away has anything to do with cricket here is beyond me.

Same day, the RNLI has ordered its staff to undergo further diversity training as they are 'ists'.

A sport which has has overseas professionals playing league cricket, and routinely has all Asian origin teams etc etc is racist.

Strangely, my old gaffer was annoyed over his club's unsuccessful application for lottery/sport England funding, yet the non mixed Bolton Indians down the road received loads.

Positive discrimination, or maybe that is what the report was actually getting at-not!

Critical Race Theory has a lot to answer for. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You haven't read the actual report have you?

https://theicec.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/HOLDING-UP-A-MIRROR-TO-CRICKET-REPORT-ICEC.pdf

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Cheese said:

How predictable.

Don't need to, knew what was coming.

Just listened to the author papping on. Huge hypocrisy within her own comments.

For example apparently the sample size was 4000, yet she had "thousands" of examples of racism etc. Incredible. 

Talks about the need for inclusion, yet bangs on about black cricket. 

The more this sort of thing continues, the more division there will be, and the more chance of separation into different leagues.

If you want to find examples of improper behaviour, it's not difficult to do so. That doesn't mean the entire game is corrupt as she paints it.

It's an insult to the hard work folk put in week in week out to making the game available to all. Often unpaid, but usually completely inclusive in its nature.

Keep telling folk that they're all guilty of terrible levels of abuse and they will gradually fuck it all off.

Then the gooders can congratulate themselves on a job well done.

Of course you will know better (presumably you've read it all and are an expert) however I'll take my view from personal experience and efforts of others, and senior professional cricketing figures who have already expressed alarm at it. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How predictable.

Don't need to, knew what was coming.

Just listened to the author papping on. Huge hypocrisy within her own comments.

For example apparently the sample size was 4000, yet she had "thousands" of examples of racism etc. Incredible. 

Talks about the need for inclusion, yet bangs on about black cricket. 

The more this sort of thing continues, the more division there will be, and the more chance of separation into different leagues.

If you want to find examples of improper behaviour, it's not difficult to do so. That doesn't mean the entire game is corrupt as she paints it.

It's an insult to the hard work folk put in week in week out to making the game available to all. Often unpaid, but usually completely inclusive in its nature.

Keep telling folk that they're all guilty of terrible levels of abuse and they will gradually fuck it all off.

Then the gooders can congratulate themselves on a job well done.

Of course you will know better (presumably you've read it all and are an expert) however I'll take my view from personal experience and efforts of others, and senior professional cricketing figures who have already expressed alarm at it. 

Nobody has said everybody in cricket is guilty.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Nobody has said everybody in cricket is guilty.

You didn't hear her interview then.

She was utterly condemnatory of every aspect, and full of hypocrisy as I've described.

Of course not everyone is guilty- that is my entire point- but keep tarring everyone with "institutionalised" brush and folk will understandably get pissed off with it.

The women's game has come on leaps and bounds, and although she acknowledged that improvements have been made, she was still accusing folk because she'd had some examples of bad behaviour.

I'll also hazard a guess that there isn't a single mention of undue positive discrimination and its undermining efforts to the community game.

I'll throw a question out to all the club cricketers out there.

In your clubs, how many black or Asian players/families help out with grounds maintenance, volunteer work in clubs (catering, bar etc).

From my experience, at two or three clubs, I've not seen any. Now it's entirely voluntary, and the are after all minorities, so maybe it isn't a surprise, but again I wonder if that is addressed at all in the report.

If you look hard enough, you can find fault, but if you only look in one direction you will only find fault in that direction. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

She was utterly condemnatory of every aspect, and full of hypocrisy as I've described.

Of course not everyone is guilty- that is my entire point- but keep tarring everyone with "institutionalised" brush and folk will understandably get pissed off with it.

The women's game has come on leaps and bounds, and although she acknowledged that improvements have been made, she was still accusing folk because she'd had some examples of bad behaviour.

I'll also hazard a guess that there isn't a single mention of undue positive discrimination and its undermining efforts to the community game.

In your clubs, how many black or Asian players/families help out with grounds maintenance, volunteer work in clubs (catering, bar etc).

From my experience, at two or three clubs, I've not seen any. Now it's entirely voluntary, and the are after all minorities, so maybe it isn't a surprise, but again I wonder if that is addressed at all in the report.

If you look hard enough, you can find fault, but if you only look in one direction you will only find fault in that direction. 

What an astonishingly ignorant post, from someone who has admitted they haven't even read the report.

falafel-gifalafel-hazfalafel-icanhasfala

Edited by Cheese

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We have very few at Lostock.  It's posh round there.

Edited by DazBob

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

White man in saying racism isn't an issue shocker.

• 5 weeks later...