Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How The Hell Did These Teams Beat Us At Home ?

leigh white

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Remember the Mansfield trip mainly because we went to catch a coach from Moor lane bus station and back then you just rocked up jumped on either Hargreaves coaches or Ribble Rabble coaches (which were cheaper if you were skint) and there were that many fans there that they ran out of coaches, was shitting it thought I’d miss the game, luckily Ribble commandeered a single decker 84 bus stop which was a right bone shaker and top speed of about 50 mph. Who smashed the long range goal at Mansfield was it Ritson? Great days!! 

Was up in the loft the other day searching for any Normid Nomad fanzines and remembered seeing this. Had a massive clear out of old programmes a few years ago but kept a few of the away games and this was one of them

96B3FCED-F911-4FCF-857D-1C7CE35D3CA0.thumb.jpeg.2106715f48c5b2e0a4736e3601b19f13.jpeg

4496BD16-C85A-4D64-A67F-30950F3B3E79.thumb.jpeg.e3f797e6a18f52bf3772b7ee5696872c.jpegEC2E3BE7-4750-4DF2-82B5-DFB10B4DAC57.thumb.jpeg.82cf41a23b1966ff079607bd9090135e.jpeg

5 minutes ago, leigh white said:

A few of us piled on the Home end that day, from Walkden , Tyldesley and district, they never budged us when Bolton scored.

My Dad always bought tickets in the home main stand that season. Mansfield, Sheff U, etc. As a daft 14 year old I would go mental when we scored. I do remember the dogs abuse he got for being in home seats. Always went in the seats after his pocket was picked at Oldham at that notorious game (76?). He was a paddock man. Hated standing at the end of a ground. Decided after losing his wallet that we’d always be in the seats at the side at away games where folk might be shithouses but wouldn’t steal your wallet. Only away I remember not being in the main stand was Ewood when we were in the shit one by the river but it was basically a BWFC stand anyway 😀

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Remember the Mansfield trip mainly because we went to catch a coach from Moor lane bus station and back then you just rocked up jumped on either Hargreaves coaches or Ribble Rabble coaches (which were cheaper if you were skint) and there were that many fans there that they ran out of coaches, was shitting it thought I’d miss the game, luckily Ribble commandeered a single decker 84 bus stop which was a right bone shaker and top speed of about 50 mph. Who smashed the long range goal at Mansfield was it Ritson? Great days!! 

Back in the days when a coach with a toilet was very rare. Conversely, piss running up and down the floor not quite as rare.

It was ok pissing in empty cans and bottles but folk just put them on the floor to tip over on the first corner.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was a rare John Ritson goal. 

• Site Supporter

my dad wouldn't let me go on the coach (12 years old) with my mates, so drove us there , got there at kick off time ,nowhere to park , he told us to go in the nearest end to where he left us , was the home end , full of bolton fans , anyway he managed to find us after about an hour , imagine that today !