Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers abroad

bolty58

• Members

Not exactly Wanderers Abroad but we currently have a cousin and two of his Salernitana Ultra compadres with us for a few days. The cousin is Bolton daft after many great days at Burnden. Craves a Walsh's pastie and I am having to take him to Fuengirola today for fish and chips at the Crispy Cod.

Biggest problem is stopping them assaulting anyone they see in a Juventus shirt!  I know they had a serious issue with Hellas Verona which goes back about 50 years but they hate what Juventus have done to the reputation of Italian football (bribes etc.).

He has taught them "We all agree, Bolton Wanderers is magic" and, if I'm honest, after hearing it for the 39th time, it is wearing a bit thin :D They have, however, been trying to teach me their song which is basically a response to other fans singing that they stink of fish. Words to the effect of we stink of fish ("puzzo di pesce"), are proud of it and have been fishermen for years.

Another cultural experience brought to you by a committed Europhile :rofl:

Good atmosphere:-

https://www.facebook.com/tuttosullasalernitana1919/videos/so-pisciaiuó-so-nato-pisciaiuó-puzzo-di-pesce-ma-che-ci-posso-fare-se-puzzo-di-p/1991071357727636/

21 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Not exactly Wanderers Abroad but we currently have a cousin and two of his Salernitana Ultra compadres with us for a few days. The cousin is Bolton daft after many great days at Burnden. Craves a Walsh's pastie and I am having to take him to Fuengirola today for fish and chips at the Crispy Cod.

Get off the train at Los Boliches and try f&c (does other food too) at La Parra pal. Think he's Leeds, Leeds, Leeds.  

1 hour ago, C86 said:

Get off the train at Los Boliches and try f&c (does other food too) at La Parra pal. Think he's Leeds, Leeds, Leeds.  

I know where you mean, Los Boliches has a decent beach too for those liking that sort of thing.

• Members
1 hour ago, C86 said:

Know Los Boliches area well mate. Regular visitor. Think I've seen La Parra on one of those Place In The Sun or Bargain Loving Brits programmes. Will check it out (hope he doesn't put mint in the mushy peas like some Leeds types we know in Perth!).

Cheers mate.

34 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Know Los Boliches area well mate. Regular visitor. Think I've seen La Parra on one of those Place In The Sun or Bargain Loving Brits programmes. Will check it out (hope he doesn't put mint in the mushy peas like some Leeds types we know in Perth!).

Cheers mate.

Yep, on CH5, bar 2 mins away is the Alley Cats, couple from Denton, on the same programme. 

El Rio nearby 👍