Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Goalkeepers

Ands1

how many matches will you have attended. Malc?

Not as many as you may think. I was an active athlete or team manager from 1961 to 1978 with Warrington and then Stretford then played rugby for 4 seasons for Bowdon (and Norweb) and then went back to be road and cross-country manager at Stretford for 8 years.

A season or so back I thought Bogdan was & maybe still is the future, goalkeepers thrive on confidence & encouragement from fans, players & management.

I,ve not seen Bogdan regular but from what I've seen he's gradually loosing form.

We should of kept hold of Jussi or Al Hasbi for a bit longer.

How old is Bogdan by the way?

said it at the time and i will say it again. we had 3 decent goalkeepers 1 jussi 2 al habsi 3 bogdan, we should have loaned bogdan out for 12 months to a championship side to get him the experience he needed so to be ready to step in, but no we sell al habsi moving bogdan to no2, then we drop jussi after a couple of bad games and throw this lad in at the deep end, he does ok but is not ready, we have now got rid of jussi, and bogdan who is still learning the game is no1 with some journeyman no2. people on here were screaming for bogan to replace jussi which he did, is he any better no, in time he may turn out to be, but in the meantime be prepared for him to make some giant fuck ups.

said it at the time and i will say it again. we had 3 decent goalkeepers 1 jussi 2 al habsi 3 bogdan, we should have loaned bogdan out for 12 months to a championship side to get him the experience he needed so to be ready to step in, but no we sell al habsi moving bogdan to no2, then we drop jussi after a couple of bad games and throw this lad in at the deep end, he does ok but is not ready, we have now got rid of jussi, and bogdan who is still learning the game is no1 with some journeyman no2. people on here were screaming for bogan to replace jussi which he did, is he any better no, in time he may turn out to be, but in the meantime be prepared for him to make some giant fuck ups.

With best of respect to Jussi I'd of let him go, Al Hasbi to 1st team & yes Bogdan loaned out with immediate call back if needed,

got to agree with all the above.

I can't remember Bogdan costing us any points last season. Sure he made a few mistakes, but off the top of my head they didn't cost us.

Despite me thinking Al Habsi was our best 'keeper, it made complete sense if he had to be sold to fund the purchase of Ngog. I think we all expected to Ngog to score more than he did. Just one extra goal from him could've made the difference in us staying up or not. Those are the fine lines you deal with in the Barclays Premier League.

Edited by DazBobParr