Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
boltondiver

Dirty, Horrible, Leeds

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m a Parky, fan but 1 up top at home is clearly not working he has to surely change that tactic. 

We try that and will get smashed by 2 or 3 instead of by the one goal margins. I think he’s intent on keeping it tight and just praying for a goal. 

41 minutes ago, Smiley said:

We try that and will get smashed by 2 or 3 instead of by the one goal margins. I think he’s intent on keeping it tight and just praying for a goal. 

Problem with that is we aren’t tight enough and so need at least 2 to win a game which is another problem in itself 

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Problem with that is we aren’t tight enough and so need at least 2 to win a game which is another problem in itself 

So PP needs to pray doubly harder!

53 minutes ago, Smiley said:

I get that but we might just suprise someone and nick the odd win and goal difference ain’t going to keep us up.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I get that but we might just suprise someone and nick the odd win. 

Problem is, the odd win won't be enough to keep us up.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I get that but we might just suprise someone and nick the odd win. 

Can’t comment on last few games - are we creating scoring chances? Will we create any more with 2 up front? 

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

So let’s just continue with one up top and keep losing week in week out and not even trying to entertain the public, no wonder we’ve 5000 season ticket holders did not turn up yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Especially when we accumulated 31 home points last season, on 8 home points now!

7 hours ago, Matty said:

In fairness, Ipswich also recouped all that money selling players.

Norwich also spent 15m last year, again sales of players recouped that. So it’s not like they have barely spent anything 

anyhow, the difference yesterday is Leeds brought on a 7m striker who scored his first chance. We brought on a guy from Forest Green who’s on loan and didn’t create a chance.

we are where I would expect to be with the players we have. Last year was a miracle to stay up and this year is looking like it will need the same. Some of the players can play better, however most probably wouldn’t get in any other championship team.

Spot on post this, right where I was driving home last night. When asked in Aug to pick where we'd finished, after all the ins and outs, I though we might improve a couple of places and end up about 6th bottom. No more than that, though I thought I might see a bit more football. If you're operating in the market of cast offs from other mid table Championship sides and a few decent operators in League 1 and  2 your expectations can't be much higher. 

I'm not entirely sure another manager would get us playing better and up the table because we've too many PP types in the squad. He believes in a way of playing and seeks players that suit that. So we end up with too many chuggers, ground coverers and space deniers, who get around the pitch but at no great pace, and have no great flair or creativity either. The one thing we were crying out for after last season was pace, from front to back of the pitch. The only player PP's brought in that has added any of that (Wildschut) has absolutely nothing else to his game. 

It is about your football philosophy at the end of the day, PP has his, it worked getting us out of League 1 but is nowhere near what's required in the Championship, which has moved on over past two or three seasons in terms of style and pace of play. We're in a mess because we're stuck with PP's way which, over three  seasons has been allowed to become too entrenched. Even a modest budget I'm sure it's possible to put together a squad of sufficient youth, pace and ability, coach them the basics of passing, moving and keeping the ball, and win a few matches. Problem is, it'll take us going back down and another clear out to give a new bloke with a less archaic philosophy a decent blank canvas to work with.

1 hour ago, ianofrochdale said:

Spot on post this, right where I was driving home last night. When asked in Aug to pick where we'd finished, after all the ins and outs, I though we might improve a couple of places and end up about 6th bottom. No more than that, though I thought I might see a bit more football. If you're operating in the market of cast offs from other mid table Championship sides and a few decent operators in League 1 and  2 your expectations can't be much higher. 

I'm not entirely sure another manager would get us playing better and up the table because we've too many PP types in the squad. He believes in a way of playing and seeks players that suit that. So we end up with too many chuggers, ground coverers and space deniers, who get around the pitch but at no great pace, and have no great flair or creativity either. The one thing we were crying out for after last season was pace, from front to back of the pitch. The only player PP's brought in that has added any of that (Wildschut) has absolutely nothing else to his game. 

It is about your football philosophy at the end of the day, PP has his, it worked getting us out of League 1 but is nowhere near what's required in the Championship, which has moved on over past two or three seasons in terms of style and pace of play. We're in a mess because we're stuck with PP's way which, over three  seasons has been allowed to become too entrenched. Even a modest budget I'm sure it's possible to put together a squad of sufficient youth, pace and ability, coach them the basics of passing, moving and keeping the ball, and win a few matches. Problem is, it'll take us going back down and another clear out to give a new bloke with a less archaic philosophy a decent blank canvas to work with.

For the last time!!.....You can't come on here talking sense like that.

As impressive as their break out to score their winner was,Another day the final pass hits our defender

I'm tempted to say another day we get that penalty, but I'm long since passed thinking we will get a fair deal from referees

I hear we didn't have a shot on target...did they, other than the goal, nothing stands out

And coming back to anis comments that were cast aside, it's pretty fcuking obvious that on paper Leeds piss all over us 

We are still in the battle and now's not the time to be bailing on them

2 hours ago, ianofrochdale said:

If you're operating in the market of cast offs from other mid table Championship sides and a few decent operators in League 1 and  2 your expectations can't be much higher.

I'd rather hope that if a "cast-off from other mid-table Championship club" ended up at our club; or any other club that gave them the chance after they became surplus to requirements, that they'd up their game by upping their training in order to put two fingers up at the club which cast them off.

I wouldn't expect them to shrug their shoulders and show the new club's supporters why their previous club didn't want them.

One up top is fine if we get someone within 20 yards of him. Magennis wins plenty. Get someone near him.

If not. Get it wide and whip it in and give him summat to attack

yet here we are. With wingers who cut in as they are put on the wrong sides.

Get the fucker wide and get it whipped in for magennis to attack

12 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Was that when Magennis was operating on one leg and was as mobile as a brick? 

Dunno

Not having a shot on target against top of the league isn't a problem. It''s that we're not having enough attempts at Ipswich, Sheffield Weds, or at home to Blackburn,  Wigan etc

Since we lack creativity we need to be a lot better on set pieces and we're worse than last year imo

21 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Not having a shot on target against top of the league isn't a problem. It''s that we're not having enough attempts at Ipswich, Sheffield Weds, or at home to Blackburn,  Wigan etc

Since we lack creativity we need to be a lot better on set pieces and we're worse than last year imo

Agree with you, there

Especially the set pieces

One of my big surprises has been just how bad oztumer has been on dead balls