Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

11 hours ago, Gonk said:

wrong strikes:  

The Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers' union has announced it has suspended all industrial action at Network Rail after receiving a new pay offer.

The union's National Executive Committee said that further updates would be provided in the coming days.

Walkouts had been due to take place from 2am on March 16 until 01.59am on March 17, with a ban on overtime to follow.

However, planned strike action to be taken by RMT members against the 14 train operators represented by the Rail Delivery Group are still currently going ahead on March 16, 18, 30 and April 1.

Read the RMT and it’s very brief doesn’t mention the last bit you have posted though says further information to follow 

But yes the strike action against Networkrail is suspended which means the signallers and track workers won’t be on strike on the day so trains can run . If RMT members working for TOCS are still asked to go on strike then it will be the drivers and train staff asked to strike but most drivers are in ASLEF so would of thought reduced services at the weekend with a few trains running 

Given members tickets go on sale tomorrow, would anyone with access be so kind as to post a screenshot of current seat availability please? (Actual seats, not blocks available) 

Purchasing 9 tickets tomorrow so will be good to know what options are available and at what price today to prevent additional stress tomorrow!

Looking for lower or middle tier but based on what’s been posted earlier in the thread looks like this is very unlikely now?? 

8 minutes ago, Le Howfen said:

Given members tickets go on sale tomorrow, would anyone with access be so kind as to post a screenshot of current seat availability please? (Actual seats, not blocks available) 

Purchasing 9 tickets tomorrow so will be good to know what options are available and at what price today to prevent additional stress tomorrow!

Looking for lower or middle tier but based on what’s been posted earlier in the thread looks like this is very unlikely now?? 

You'll have to sharp and grab those in 115 or 117, otherwise it's upper tier 502

image.png.1857dd3488abb146ec54f13f154e83ea.png

• Site Supporter

Right, you seasoned train travellers, given there may be trains running, what's the best way to book, and where from. I'm trying to get to Euston in time for a pint with Loft before the match.

The last rain I was on was the Barmouth to Fairbourne rattler.

Help please.

1 minute ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Right, you seasoned train travellers, given there may be trains running, what's the best way to book, and where from. I'm trying to get to Euston in time for a pint with Loft before the match.

Help please.

I'd say Split My Fare or Trainline offering best prices at moment (although I've not checked since the fare increases last week)

Be certain what you want to book first before you commit though, they had a system running where you could exchange tickets for free if you rebooked the same route but at different times. That's ended now and you'd have to pay at least £10 admin fee.

4 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Help please.

Trainline have schedules up, but no prices or facility to book yet.....

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, jeep said:

Trainline have schedules up, but no prices or facility to book yet.....

Thanks Jeep and Marc. That's what I found, but didn't know if there was anything I'd missed. I'll keep on the case.

I could get on a coach but that defeats the object of a few pints  with Loft.

41 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Help please.

Where from ? Bolton ? 

First one from Picc is 8am gets in to Euston at 11am (run slower on a sun morning) 

wigan first one in is around 12 I think? 

could do from Leeds and avoid the Avanti west coast shambles but again I think the first one leaves at 8am and not sure you can get from Manny to there in time 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

You'll have to sharp and grab those in 115 or 117, otherwise it's upper tier 502

image.png.1857dd3488abb146ec54f13f154e83ea.png

Balls, I was hoping there would be more lower / middle seats available! Oh well, up in the gods with the day trippers it is.  

Thanks for posting that Traf, appreciate the effort! 

14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

He could set up an alert for when they open for the times he wants on Trainline I think?

I had one set up since we beat Pompey - still not heard a tap from them.

As barry says, might be easy to do avoid the West Coast Mainline and head to Leeds/Sheffield/Doncaster. Means an extra jounry from Manc over there in the AM but still doable.

52 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

I had one set up since we beat Pompey - still not heard a tap from them.

As barry says, might be easy to do avoid the West Coast Mainline and head to Leeds/Sheffield/Doncaster. Means an extra jounry from Manc over there in the AM but still doable.

😄 fair enough, probably best not to rely on it then.

1 hour ago, Le Howfen said:

Balls, I was hoping there would be more lower / middle seats available! Oh well, up in the gods with the day trippers it is.  

Thanks for posting that Traf, appreciate the effort! 

Happy to help, block 115 or 117 would work if you're quick tomorrow.
Get in the queue around 9.30

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Sounds like you wouldnt want to wait for them though! 

I'd rather not wait if there's something I've missed.

As I said at the beginning of my contribution I'm not a seasoned train traveller. I've done what I can find to do, but I don't know if I've missed a trick.

Hang on, what am I explaining myself again  for ?

Edited by Francis Fogarty