Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A) Pizza

L/H White

47 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I'm not arsed about matching up allocations, same way about how much we charge 

Derby were pissed off with how much we charged and will probably recipocate

So what. If I'm going it wouldn't put me off

Until we start giving the south stand to home fans we can think about reducing away allocation 

Until then if it brings money in then fine 

Its morally wrong though.

We gave them what they wanted knowing full well it'd cost more in Policing and a larger allocation would make it their dickheada day out and it would go off at the station.

They've given reduced for the cup then set things up to not give us more for the league.

It makes no odds to them giving us that last bit of the scratching sheds. 

They just dont want us there in numbers. 

Itll be them cunts causing all the aggro anyway.

18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Its morally wrong though.

We gave them what they wanted knowing full well it'd cost more in Policing and a larger allocation would make it their dickheada day out and it would go off at the station.

They've given reduced for the cup then set things up to not give us more for the league.

It makes no odds to them giving us that last bit of the scratching sheds. 

They just dont want us there in numbers. 

Itll be them cunts causing all the aggro anyway.

Cash is king 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

And I agree it's morally wrong 

But we're trying to be a sustainable club

Why cut your nose off to spite your face

This. Surely BFC would be arguing a case with Lancs Police to enable the club to cash in on larger crowds if it’s all down to policing.

Pretty much, we’ll pay for the policing, you worry about how you deal with 4k+ supporters.

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

This. Surely BFC would be arguing a case with Lancs Police to enable the club to cash in on larger crowds if it’s all down to policing.

Pretty much, we’ll pay for the policing, you worry about how you deal with 4k+ supporters.

Plus didn't Leeds win a case where the police wanted extra cash for policing the city centre 

The club said fuck off, nothing to do with us, it's your job like any other Saturday night in Leeds

If it all kicks off at the station then it's on GMP to sort it

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Hate this fixture.

I’ll be driving as I’ve something on that night, but would consider it anyway.

That said, there doesn’t appear to be as many pissed up kids watching us away these days as they simply can’t get tickets. 

Don’t mind who watches us. It’s the places you are treated like a knob head with shit beer and plastic pots while being herded I’m losing interest in. I’ll not be bothering with Wigan for the same reasons. 

7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Ask them what? 

Bring in extra cash club or get into tit for tat arguments saying you only gave X so we're giving you the same?

Pretty self explanatory. You nailed it😂

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Exactly. 

Not sure why they'd need to 'deliberately' allow some strife after the pizza game to give themselves authority for the next one, on this basis.

Although in an advisory capacity at a meeting of ‘interested parties’ they can bring to the table a shitload of data and other evidence to justify their reasoning.

You could always use the Freedom of Information Act to enquire of the Lancashire Police whether their routing of both home and away supporters following the game resulted in lessons learned by the person appointed head of football policing for the game.

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Exactly. 

Not sure why they'd need to 'deliberately' allow some strife after the pizza game to give themselves authority for the next one, on this basis.

Happens all the time. Especially before any major tournament.

Hence they let Wigan fans roam freely in Westhoughton before and then after the game the other month.

If you were present outside Bloomfield Road last week you'd know exaclty what I mean. But you weren't, so you dont.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Happens all the time. Especially before any major tournament.

Hence they let Wigan fans roam freely in Westhoughton before and then after the game the other month.

If you were present outside Bloomfield Road last week you'd know exaclty what I mean. But you weren't, so you dont.

I've been to plenty of places, and witnessed far far worse stuff. At no point would I accuse the police if deliberately facilitating it. Maybe not prepared or handled very well.

Ultimately, if idiots want a scrap, they'll achieve it.

Can't expect hundreds of police to be deployed throughout Horwich, Westhoughton etc just in case.

Unless of course folk are happy with ever increasing council tax to pay for it.

Sooner or later, fuckwits have to take some responsibility for their own actions, and not continually look to blame others.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've been to plenty of places, and witnessed far far worse stuff. At no point would I accuse the police if deliberately facilitating it. Maybe not prepared or handled very well.

Can't expect hundreds of police to be deployed throughout Horwich, Westhoughton etc just in case.

Sooner or later, fuckwits have to take some responsibility for their own actions, and not continually look to blame others.

@victor meldrewis pushing 60

he was fuming at the actions of the police

and hes no cop hater

i wasnt there

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Essentially there were two routes away from the ground for Bolton fans.
One was short with no Blackpool fans around, the other was longer and passed through the home support.
Which would you advice the Bolton fans to take?
Which did the local plod direct Bolton fans to?

Added to the fact the only police present outside the north stand were stood 30 yards away from a powder keg filming with no intervention whatsoever.

It was nothing to do with 'idiots wanting a scrap' it was sending 2k Bolton fans direclty in to exiting Blackpool fans who had been at it all game.

Its like sending 2k Blackpool direclty in to East Stand Lower and standing there filming.

Re Westhoughton, you're either incredibly naive or incredibly obtuse and just want to argue about something you know nothing at all about.

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Police could have easy kept Bolton fans in for 15 minutes etc to let the Blackpool crowd disperse. Something they do regularly which makes it easier for them I'd imagine. But they didn't on this occasion. 

They could have just let us walk the shortest route past a stand that was completely out of use. But that wouldn’t have suited their agenda.