Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A) Pizza

L/H White

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Not arsed. There's an argument to be had that the Pizza cup affected our run-in last season. We'll now get a blank midweek (I think).

17 points from last eight games. Better than the 2 points/game folks think is the holy grail.

• Site Supporter

Not digging out Williams or Dacres-Cogley at all this season, but once up to speed, these 2 new lads could be a serious upgrade.

That said, an hour in the 2nd hand car cup isn't the place to make a judgement.

Anyway - can Collins play emergency centre half

Not read all this yet but can we all stop pretending Mendes is a good addition now. The lads not a winger or a full back. If he isn’t match fit by now I really don’t know what we can do with him. Shocking player 

47 minutes ago, Big E said:

Not read all this yet but can we all stop pretending Mendes is a good addition now. The lads not a winger or a full back. If he isn’t match fit by now I really don’t know what we can do with him. Shocking player 

Your going to upset Duck Egg; but your right he was awful but not as bad as Morley 

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I can see where CMG would do a job in a home game where we can afford a bit of a luxury player, but last night needed scrappers and he’s not one of those. Morley didn’t cover himself in glory in that sense either, mind. 

The luxury of a player who offers nothing ? 

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

Think it's a tad harsh considering he's barely played, and on a couple of occasions been shoehorned in at wing back (which he 100% is not). 

Edited by BeeversLeftPeg

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There is a player in him, needs game, time, stay fit & playing in his correct position… will he get the chance here… doubt it… shame I like him. 

what the hell have you seen in CMG that you haven't in Paris?

Edited by L/H White

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Thought Coleman had his best game.

That's because I was shouting well done Baxter all night :D

....Ashworth looked so gutted btw, wasnt his fault, shame the limelights on him rather than the two strikers who missed earlier.

22 minutes ago, L/H White said:

what the hell have you seen in CMG that you haven't in Paris?

I think CMG has really got something different.. more so than Maghoma, and he plays with passion and heart on sleeve and puts a tackle in, all I’ve yet to see from Maghoma (although he was little bit better at Carlisle) I’ve classed Maghoma as bang average on his performances up to now, hope there’s more to come from him.

Anyhow more to the point why do you think Evatt should be sacked? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

....Ashworth looked so gutted btw, wasnt his fault, shame the limelights on him rather than the two strikers who missed earlier.

Hahaha keep doing it. It seemed to work.

Asheorth shouldn’t be down. Pens we win or lose as a team. It’s a lottery. On to the next game now. He’s a big part to play. 

• Site Supporter

CMG thing is a funny one. He’s not dissimilar to Dapo, and Sadlier to some extent. Flair players who can do something different.

However they don’t/didn’t fit into Evatt’s favoured system so I’m not sure why we’ve spent so much money on him.

2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

CMG thing is a funny one. He’s not dissimilar to Dapo, and Sadlier to some extent. Flair players who can do something different.

However they don’t/didn’t fit into Evatt’s favoured system so I’m not sure why we’ve spent so much money on him.

My sentiments as well don’t understand the signing unless it was IE thinking to give us a different option in some games . 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

My sentiments as well don’t understand the signing unless it was IE thinking to give us a different option in some games . 

That's exactly what he was thinking, so understandable.

Me and folks around us were quite impressed with him 1st half. Nice cameo too at Carlisle when he came on. Clearly we all see things differently.

Still think he can have a part to play coming on as sub and offering something different, running at defenders in final third, creating problems in that number 10 space and getting some shots outside the box away

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think CMG has really got something different.. more so than Maghoma, and he plays with passion and heart on sleeve and puts a tackle in, all I’ve yet to see from Maghoma (although he was little bit better at Carlisle) I’ve classed Maghoma as bang average on his performances up to now, hope there’s more to come from him.

Anyhow more to the point why do you think Evatt should be sacked? 

That's because Carlisle were awful. I could have played against them.

Watching on ifollow last night, our fans were really loud in the first 20/30mins or so, then seemed to go quiet.

Last 20 mins of the 2nd half it seemed to be the Blackpool fans who were making all the noise.

The “Smashy & Nicey” Blackpool commentators were absolutely shite, they were creaming themselves over Jerome & Bod though.

1 hour ago, Big E said:

He did quite well in the first half. Always offered an outlet, happy to take players on and looked for an attacking option. No way he fancied playing RWB though. He was practically begging to come off almost straight away. Which is fair considering how bonkers of an idea it was. 

53 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Or the senior players who didn’t take one at all, even at that stage. 

I was under the impression that Gomes could do the Charles role as a sub ie chasing the defenders and hopefully getting a few scoring opportunities. He'd be a different dimension just off VA, JDB or CJ rather than just playing two of those three once Charles is subbed on 70mins.

Gomes was fine first half and looked our most likely goalscorer. I suspect his best position is as an attacking midfielder against weaker, low block type opponents, or as Traf says, a 2nd attacker. I'm fairly certain now that he's no wingback, though.