Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dave Higson

Horwich

I often think of Dave and smile. The man was Bolton Wanderers through and through, an absolute legend who is sadly missed.

RIP Higgy.

I think you have summed him up brilliantly there. =D> =D> =D>

Every memory of Dave is a good memory, it aint a bad way to be remembered 'i often think of Dave and smile.'

Ding dang do.

Top man, I would have loved to see him having a sherry on the waterfront in Marseilles.

My moan is that the club didn't do much to celebrate his life, suppose it sums them up now. And your right he will be remebered long after the Duckworths and Moores have gone

RIP Dave.

Dave Higson was my Old Cub Scout leader when I was about 7.

He once took the whole group on a weekend camping trip up to the lakes. Unfortunately, he didn't check the weather reports and it had to be abandoned after the secong day due to the torrential rain.

To make matters worse, he went around all the tents at the end of the first night and told a ghost story about the 'devil dog of Kendle' which was famous in those parts and had a habit of running through cub scouts tents at night, grabbing one of the cubs who vanished before inevitably being found some days later, mutilated by the river about 5 meters behind the tent we were all sleeping in. He then bade us goodnight before standing outside the tent and making wolf noises. At least I assume it was Dave!ragging shit myself.

Suffice to see, the parents who picked up there kids from Morris Green scout hut to find there children half dying from hypothermia and traumatised by the story of the 'devil dog of Kendle' were less than impressed!

Funny as fook looking back on it though! Used to talk about Wanderers all the time back then too. RIP Dave, you're sadly missed (although probably not amongst the Scout movement).

PS. What a man, what a scotsman, what a ding dong do.

John McGinlay, shining..................Like a light

Surely it was David Lee who was shining like a light? :-k

it was Owen Coyle at Everton who was shinning like a light, just had the Bolton v Torquay game on........Dave at his finest, still looking through the video's for that classic interview Dave did with Darren on the back seat of the coach, where he keeps interupting Dave to tell him that he has just had an operation "On my bottom !!!!!!"

we have to think ourselves very lucky that this great gentle good man came into all our lives, it's been said so many times but you can not talk of Dave without a smile coming to your face, he was, is, and always will be the only voice that we as true fans will ever listen to, no matter what over paid university little nancy boy they use these days,

to Dave's family I only hope all these tributes give you an ounce of comfort, I know you didn't mind shareing him with us, he will always be a massive part of our journey too

I was at the game at Newcastle last year, his last words to me........"when can I come and stay with thee over theer in Yankeeland ?"

.........your already here Dave !!!!!!!

all the very best from Steve and The Los Angeles Whites

it was Owen Coyle at Everton who was shinning like a light, just had the Bolton v Torquay game on........Dave at his finest, still looking through the video's for that classic interview Dave did with Darren on the back seat of the coach, where he keeps interupting Dave to tell him that he has just had an operation "On my bottom !!!!!!"

we have to think ourselves very lucky that this great gentle good man came into all our lives, it's been said so many times but you can not talk of Dave without a smile coming to your face, he was, is, and always will be the only voice that we as true fans will ever listen to, no matter what over paid university little nancy boy they use these days,

to Dave's family I only hope all these tributes give you an ounce of comfort, I know you didn't mind shareing him with us, he will always be a massive part of our journey too

I was at the game at Newcastle last year, his last words to me........"when can I come and stay with thee over theer in Yankeeland ?"

=D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D>

superb !!

=D> Great stuff!

Can't believe its a year and a half since I last talked to him - in the boozer at Yeovil. I was there early doors so at that point its just me and a load of yeovil fans - then in saunters Dave and all is right with the world (Biffo turned up a bit later having been chucked out of the beer tent by the ground [-X ).

I know its been asked many times before - not least by me - but is there some definitive word on availability of the old videos? If someone has transferred them to dvd then I would gladly pay good money for them - even more so if some of the dosh was going to Visionaid or summat :-k

"JULES as he is known at Burnden Park" and "WINNIE WINNIE WINNIE WINNIE WINNIE MARK WINSTANLEY" are just 2 of the things that make me piss myself when i think of Ding Dong Do DAVE ,his commentary on those BWFC videos are classics,he is sadly missed but fondly remembered by all Bolton fans,Football needs people like Mr Dave Higson a true football fan and legend,"THERES ONLY 1 DAVE HIGSON" RIP DAVE =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Top Bloke always had a cracking comment to make. Walking down the coach asking if anyone would like a rub off!

And Brighton at Burnden when they were attacking and he churps up Its a a good chance to catch em and score while they are up at our end. 5 seconds later Brighton score. Think it was shown on Fantasy Football.

RIP DAVE TOP BLOKE GREATLY MISSED

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.