Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

zidane off

Bea Smith

• Moderators

twice now this ref has red carded somebody when it's looked like he wasn't going to

i suspect the 4th official has been seeing replays and telling him through the mic

i understood that wasn't to happen?

twice now this ref has red carded somebody when it's looked like he wasn't going to

i suspect the 4th official has been seeing replays and telling him through the mic

commentators where discussing that too, there was quite a long delay, it will prob get explained away that the mic wasnt working properly or summat, doubt they will admit to video evidence being used.

Or is it his style?

Seems odd it's been the same ref twice, maybe just a coincidence?

Christ knows what Zidane got so het up about, very peculiar, and silly, but shit happens. Dont know why the BBC lot went on about it so much. He's a great player and this will be just a footnote to his career, surely. They were headed to pens anyway.

Its not but, I reckon in this instance it did

The referee consulted his assistant after being asked to by Buffon. Will Buffon now get the Ronaldo treatment. Going back to Zidane, I am saddened by what he did. He has lost a lot of my respect and admiration. No doubt there was provocation but with his experience he should have risen above it. He should have taken his revenge by scoring the winning goal not by reverting to the thug from the Marseille slums.

You're possibly right, Biff.

BUT ZZ was captaining his country for the last time ever, he was playing his last ever game and it was almost the end of a very tiring World Cup final.

His emotional state must have been one of turmoil and he was probablty knackered too. In those situations, you don't always think straight.

He will still be remembered by me as a top player: definitely one of the best of his generation. He was outrageously good in his prime.

His emotional state must have been one of turmoil and he was probablty knackered too. In those situations, you don't always think straight.
And he was probably shitting himself thinking about the penalty shoot out. Do you remember a few years back when he was so nervous that he vomitted near the penalty spot as he was just starting his run-up to take a penalty in a big game.

Kin hell, Biff. Have you had all life sucked from you or summat?

He lost his rag

He snapped

More importantly, he's human, not some f*cking communist machine who's been programmed how to think.

If he's lost your respect for doing that, your respect prob wasn't worth having.

PB

I reckon whatever Materazzi (Everton scum) said to him, it must have been too close to the bone. I'd guess it would have been a racist comment, as racism is rife in italian football.

Zidane obviously wanted to settle it there and then as he knew he probably wouldn't have got a chance to sort it after the game.

Kin hell, Biff.  Have you had all life sucked from you or summat?

He lost his rag

He snapped

More importantly, he's human, not some f*cking communist machine who's been programmed how to think.

If he's lost your respect for doing that, your respect prob wasn't worth having.

PB

No I have lived a lot longer than you and have learned that violence is never the answer to a problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.