Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Has Dowie Got Something Big Sam Hasn't ?

fruitbat69

In light of the fact that Charlton have signed 5 players in the last 9 days,it begs the question have Charlton/Dowie got something BWFC/Big Sam hasn't.

He has added the likes of Faye,Reid,JFH,Traore etc to his ranks.

According to the mirror we are signing the iranian in the next 2 weeks but only once he has played 2 internationals to qualify for his work permit.

I would rather Sam have kept quiet than promise 3 players would be signed by yesterday.

But will still be there on Saturday singing my heart with my daughter hoping for a trotter win

Being based in London is always an attraction for players, especially foreigners.

Look at how quickly Jimmy Floyd moved back down south. Was anyone else linked with him before he signed for them, other than us of course.

They also apparently beat us to the signing of that Corey Gibbs bloke, States international.

In light of the fact that Charlton have signed 5 players in the last 9 days,it begs the question have Charlton/Dowie got something BWFC/Big Sam hasn't.

He has added the likes of Faye,Reid,JFH,Traore etc to his ranks.

According to the mirror we are signing the iranian in the next 2 weeks but only once he has played 2 internationals to qualify for his work permit.

I would rather Sam have kept quiet than promise 3 players would be signed by yesterday.

But will still be there on Saturday singing my heart with my daughter hoping for a trotter win

Faye? Traore? Reid? F??cking shit.

Charlton will struggle unless Jimmy decides to bother and Bent repeats his feats of last year.

Charlton have signed average players for bags of money. They're more than welcome to Andy Reid for ??3m...........don't even get me started on Traore.

As for JFH, most of the board would complain about his age if we signed him.

I dont think Reid, Traore etc are any great shakes but they are better squad players than the ones we currently have. Fair bet that both of them would be in the 16 for Saturday.

People keep saying such a player is overpriced... who says so ? If that is what the market is paying then that is their price and all other transfer fees are based on what has gone before. We are getting to the arse end of the transfer window and we still have the vast majority of our transfer budget even though the season kicks off in 2 days and our squad is paper thin. That is madness plain and simple.

So anyone any idea what happened to the players Sam had supposedly spotted during his time as a TV pundit during the World Cup ? Remember his statement when he got back justifying the time him and Sammy Lee spent in Germany ?

• Moderators

it's actually that Alladyce has got 6 years on Dowie in his job

he's got a team he's been building for years now, and now he has the money he's finally craved, he's taking his time to ensure the players he brings in add to what he's got

Dowie on the other hand has come into his job, and like all new managers do has rung the changes, they probably will make the charlton squad better but the fact is all the players he has bought were available and not wanted by their current clubs or it would appear (m)any other clubs

the players we're supposedly targeting are in the main players their clubs would want to keep hold of or players who would certainly attract interest from other high profile clubs

people should stop seeing everything in black white and maybe try to read between the lines

I dont think Reid, Traore etc are any great shakes but they are better squad players than the ones we currently have. Fair bet that both of them would be in the 16 for Saturday.

People keep saying such a player is overpriced... who says so ? If that is what the market is paying then that is their price and all other transfer fees are based on what has gone before. We are getting to the arse end of the transfer window and we still have the vast majority of our transfer budget even though the season kicks off in 2 days and our squad is paper thin. That is madness plain and simple.

So anyone any idea what happened to the players Sam had supposedly spotted during his time as a TV pundit during the World Cup ? Remember his statement when he got back justifying the time him and Sammy Lee spent in Germany ?

Surely he was doing his Job???

Dowie has indeed got something that Sam hasn't, 4 duffer this pre season. I wouldn't want the club to have spent money on the players they have signed. JFH on a free I could live with but the rest are average to say the least. Plenty of squad players to be snapped up come the tranfer window for peanuts, not for the 2-3mil these lads have cost Dowie.

Charlton have signed average players for bags of money. They're more than welcome to Andy Reid for ??3m...........don't even get me started on Traore.

As for JFH, most of the board would complain about his age if we signed him.

In one.

Well done. =D>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.