Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tristan Deal Off!

white noise

BEN reports that it is now 'unlikely' that any deal to bring Tristan to the Reebok, will be done. Sounds as if personal terms are the problem. His options are reducing fast, Real Mallorca have pulled out and now us. Leaves just Villa and they wont pay a kings ransom for him Ill bet. Probably reduce his sights and come back to us in the end!

BEN reports that it is now 'unlikely' that any deal to bring Tristan to the Reebok, will be done. Sounds as if personal terms are the problem. His options are reducing fast, Real Mallorca have pulled out and now us. Leaves just Villa and they wont pay a kings ransom for him Ill bet. Probably reduce his sights and come back to us in the end!

What makes you assume Villa won't pay more than us? I'm sure Randy won't mind splashing the cash...

Either way, these deals are often announced as being "dead" prematurely. We'll see...

The fact that Charlton were in for him as well would have made things even more difficult for us. Given a straight choice between signing for Bolton, or signing for Charlton, I expect, as with most foreigners he would choose the London based club

The fact that Charlton were in for him as well would have made things even more difficult for us. Given a straight choice between signing for Bolton, or signing for Charlton, I expect, as with most foreigners he would choose the London based club

Added to the fact they've a better manager too.

the low attendances probably had a bearing on the decision not to sign Tristan, also the club would be better trying to pick up a midfielder creator and a right back in January.

Ah, the players they should have gone for in July?

Ah, the players they should have gone for in July?

jaunuary actually when we were flying on all fronts, thinking back i think the let down we feel at the moment stems from the highs we achieved upto january and the subsequent fall from top 5/out of cup and the UEFA cup failure on the last day of the season.

jaunuary actually when we were flying on all fronts, thinking back i think the let down we feel at the moment stems from the highs we achieved upto january and the subsequent fall from top 5/out of cup and the UEFA cup failure on the last day of the season.

Spot on, mate.

I've felt that way myself. Losing to Marseille and West Ham in the same week killed our season IMO. The failure to invest in January cost the club a crack at the FA Cup final and further European qualification either from the Cup or via the league.

Many season ticket holders saw the lack of investment in January and June to mid-August as a distinct lack of ambition, worsened by the chairman's apparent indifference to not qualifying for Europe. This lack of investment has been matched by the season ticket holders who haven't renewed.

Brace yourselves for a sub 20,000 crowd on Saturday.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.