Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Long Range Forecast

bolty58

• Members

Reet then, I know it seems a long way off whilst you lot are probably freezing thy b0llocks off but; a name for you to watch out for. Miss Andretti. You will know Choisir and Takeover Target. They wouldn't get near this speed freak. Today she booked a trip to England by winning the Newmarket Handicap at Caulfield ( a testing tight track - not really her favourite) over 1200m (6f) in a record shattering 1.07.7; smashing the 15 year old track record of 1.08.50. Some said that previous record would never be broken. She carried 56kgs and was 2nd top weight against seasoned male sprinters and made them look 2nd rate. Her record for 24 race starts is now 16 wins; 3 seconds and two thirds The earlier non placings etc. were at the beginning of her career in Perth. Once they realised what they had, she was off to Melbourne to race against the best. She is a bay mare out of Ihtiram (Ire.) - Peggies Bid (Marooned[GB]).

If you can still get juicy ante post odds for her in the big sprints, it is definitely worth a speculate. I know these things are risky but she is worth a pop. Don't say you weren't told.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not a word of acknowledgement from any of you miserable specimens ;) Sheesh! Trying to help you lot make money here tha knows.

They have announced the no. 1 target is the Kings Stand Stakes at Ascot plus one other big sprint. I will let you know once I get to know the other targeted race (that is if any fecker is listening!).

• Members
i,m listening bolty , i like these kind of ante posts .

Cheers Crampo. Would appreciate someone posting the ante post odds on here once they know them for Miss Andretti. I can feel another swoop coming on by sending money ter't thowd chap to get on for me. We pulled off a cracker some years back when Better Loosen Up won the Japan Cup. 10/1 in England - 6/4 best you could get anywhere down here.

Bolty, I'm also reading your posts with interest. However, i'm struggling to get any info so early in the year for the meetings you mentioned. Sometimes it's best to say nothing! :p

Once i get a clearer picture of the meetings, i'll post you the odds, mate.

Still no prices as yet for the Kings Stand Sprint.

For those watching this: it's a 5 furlong sprint held on the opening day of the Royal Ascot meeting in mid-June and was won last year by the brilliant Takeover Target from Australia.

• Members
the brilliant Takeover Target from Australia.

........who would struggle to get near Miss Andretti. The intangible, as always, is how she will handle the travel and the new surroundings. He did it - she might not. Wouldn't mind taking any juicy odds they may put up though because, if she is right, all they will see is her rump disappearing over the horizon.

• Members

Yes Traf. That good. I just hope she can handle the travel and change of environment. A sprinting freak and no mistake. Breaking the track record at Caulfield as a mare carrying second top weight was quite phenomenal. She left some seasoned horses and geldings in her wake that day. Keep a watch on this one.

Not a word of acknowledgement from any of you miserable specimens ;) Sheesh! Trying to help you lot make money here tha knows.

They have announced the no. 1 target is the Kings Stand Stakes at Ascot plus one other big sprint. I will let you know once I get to know the other targeted race (that is if any fecker is listening!).

I'm listening!

........and less of the 'miserable specimens'

Watch your Ante-Post bets before it is a confirmed runner because The King Stand Stakes is a Group2 race at Ascot, and there is a Group1 sprint at the same meeting the 'Golden Jubilee Stakes'. It could run in this one instead.

• Members
Watch your Ante-Post bets before it is a confirmed runner because The King Stand Stakes is a Group2 race at Ascot, and there is a Group1 sprint at the same meeting the 'Golden Jubilee Stakes'. It could run in this one instead.

Cheers Zoz and replying gets you removed from the miserable specimens list :D

• Members
the only thing that would concern me is the horse is a filly, they can be highly strung, also if they are in season they dont always perform.

Fair point MK but this one is a 5yo mare. Seasoned and nowt seems to affect her. Only the 12,000 miles of travel is new territory for her so we'll have to see about that part. Didn't seem to affect Choisir or Takeover Target so I am sure the FBI, being the complete professionals they are, will be seeking advice from the Lees family and Joe Janiak about the best precautions and methodology for the trip.

Before you ask, FBI is how the trainer and his brothers are known down here (Freedman Brothers Incorporated). Lee Freedman is the actual trainer and is supported by brothers Richard and Mark (I think the background one is called Mark). These guys are top of the pile down here and had huge success with that magnificent GB bred mare - Makybe Diva, which made history as the first ever winner of 3 consecutive Melbourne Cups. These lads know what they are doing and do nothing by half measures. If she isn't right at post time, she won't be going around. If you go back to my original post you will see her record shows she doesn't get affected by much!

• Members
f*kinell bolty after reading that I can't wait til the building society opens at 9 0 clock, I'm applying for a re-mortgage! ::::::::lol::::::::

Zoz, I appreciate the sentiment but please don't do that :-k She is a cracker of a sprinter but it might be worth having a look at her in her Newmarket (I think) lead up sprint they are talking about.

Always nervous with champions making these long trips - the travel and the new surroundings. The greatest racehorse I have ever seen in the flesh (well, up until Makybe Diva) was Dancing Brave. But for Greville Starkey being a cocky fooktard, he would have had a Derby win to put alongside his Arc De Triomphe; King George V; 2000 Guineas etc. etc. trophies. Strangely his Derby defeat was the one which moved me most. Third last at Tattenham Corner and then unleashed two of the fastest final furlongs ever recorded at the end of a 1.5 mile race to just fail to catch Shahrastani. I was ecstatic when his son (Commander In Chief?) restored the family honour by winning the Derby (think I am right there - I had been down here a while at the time). Stattos?

Back to the point (I was starting to get misty eyed again there!), he went to America for one of their mega races and ran a disappointing fourth at 4-9 - the only time he didn't run a place in his entire racing career. Her reaction to the travel is the one thing which may p1ss on the chips.

• Members
You obviously take your racing seriously bolty, more so than me. I will be backing Miss Andretti.

Hope it pays off for any of you WWays lads who do have a go. Celebratory pint or two next time I am over (which may be around Sept. / Oct.).

AFTER READING BOLTYS INSIGHT INTO THE OZ RACING GAME I WILL ALSO BE BACKING THIS NAG WHEN IT ARRIVES ON OUR SHORES.

JUST OUT OF INTEREST - DOES ANYONE KNOW OR REMEMBER THE PRICES THAT CHOISIR AND TAKEOVER TARGET WON AT - AM THINKIN THE BOOKIES WILL GO ALONF THE SAME LINES WHEN PRICING .

• 1 month later...
THE Australians are coming to bash the Poms on their home patch - again.

A crack squad of raiders from Down Under is on its way to Royal Ascot - determined to match the sprinting feats of Choisir and Takeover Target.

Choisir entered British racing folklore when beating the home team to land a brilliant King's Stand-Golden Jubilee Stakes double in 2003, while King's Stand hero Takeover Target was narrowly foiled in the Golden Jubilee last year.

Now Aussie supermare Miss Andretti is being aimed at the two races.

And the bad news for her rivals is that trainer Lee Freedman reckons she's as good as his triple Melbourne Cup heroine Makybe Diva.

"In terms of our stable, she's up there with Makybe Diva," Freedman said yesterday.

"She'll be a great representative for us at Royal Ascot. I haven't worked out when she will leave for England yet, but it will probably be near the end of May."

Coral reacted by chalking up Miss Andretti, three times a winner at the top level this year, as their 6-1 favourite for the Golden Jubilee, the final Group 1 event of the five-day Royal fixture.

Takeover Target is 8-1 with the Barking firm, while Bentley Biscuit and Magnus, who make up the Aussie party, are 14-1 and 20-1 respectively.

Tungsten Strike entered the picture for the Gold Cup with a battling victory in the Group 3 Sagaro Stakes at Ascot yesterday.

Amanda Perrett's tough six-year-old is a 20-1 shot with Coral after his victory over Baddam and St Leger runner-up The Last Drop, while totesport go 25-1.

Edited by CWP

• Members

Thanks lads. Just for the record, Bentley Biscuit is the up and comer out of that lot mentioned. Miss Andretti is already there and brained the others last time they clashed (don't think she's clashed with Takeover Target yet but he may be past his best on recent performances down here).

Just remember who told you first when she wins :D