Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yet Another Pc Conundrum

You see, it's acceptable for niggers to call each other niggers. Therefore nigger isn't a racist term IMO.

Wasn't going to get dragged into this one, but can't help sticking my oar in....!

It actually about power and the context. Black Americans starting using the word 'nigger' to greet each other as a way of taking control over a word that had been used, historically, in a racist and demeaning context. That still doesn't mean it is right that people not operating in that social construct to use the word 'Nigger' and expect it not to sound racist.

For a non race example some young disabled people like to greet each other, calling themselves 'Cripple', as it is a derogatory term. Once again it is not right for me to do this because the context would be wrong and I would just be exacerbating the problem.

Once again, I don't think this is about PC going mad (whatever the hell that means) I think this is about nowadays it is not right to call a black person Sambo or every person who Asian a P'aki. And as I've said before - this is A Good Thing! :yahoo:

Wasn't going to get dragged into this one, but can't help sticking my oar in....!

It actually about power and the context. Black Americans starting using the word 'nigger' to greet each other as a way of taking control over a word that had been used, historically, in a racist and demeaning context. That still doesn't mean it is right that people not operating in that social construct to use the word 'Nigger' and expect it not to sound racist.

For a non race example some young disabled people like to greet each other, calling themselves 'Cripple', as it is a derogatory term. Once again it is not right for me to do this because the context would be wrong and I would just be exacerbating the problem.

Once again, I don't think this is about PC going mad (whatever the hell that means) I think this is about nowadays it is not right to call a black person Sambo or every person who Asian a P'aki. And as I've said before - this is A Good Thing! :yahoo:

As long as their taxis turn up on time, and they serve me my food quickly, I don't care what they call each other

Do you believe all this stuff?

I'm carrying timber (as are many and if someone calls me fat....well I am, end of, same as a cripples are cripples!

Or do you fancy starting a campaign with me outlaw the use of words 'chubster', lard arse' 'fatty' etc etc..... :D

I don't think that anyone was never committed into slavery or faced discrimination in the workplace (apart from being unpopular in summer) due to being a bit porky.

I wondered how long it would be before the "slavery card" was thrown in. What a lot of them don't seem to realise is, because of the slave trade that their fore fathers were brought over for, they now lead a far better life than they would ever have had, had they been left in squalor in Africa.

I wondered how long it would be before the "slavery card" was thrown in. What a lot of them don't seem to realise is, because of the slave trade that their fore fathers were brought over for, they now lead a far better life than they would ever have had, had they been left in squalor in Africa.

surely you are not trying to say people should be in anyway grateful for slavery ?

Yeah, they should be bloody grateful.

I expected Crawley to bite, but Ani was an unexpected nibble.

surely you are not trying to say people should be in anyway grateful for slavery ?

Of course I don't expect them to be grateful. But surely they must admit that had there fore fathers not been brough to this country, then they wouldn't enjoy the life style they now have

Of course I don't expect them to be grateful. But surely they must admit that had there fore fathers not been brough to this country, then they wouldn't enjoy the life style they now have

I can't agree

Jamaica vs Horwich.....mmmm, it's a toughie!

Jamaica vs Horwich

In reality though, one of them is a ramshackle place full of decrepit buildings and savages living in squalor..................and the other is in the West Indies :D

Horwich is so good, it's twin town is in Sussex!

Exactly, you missed my point. Them there slave folk ended up in a warm subtropical climate with swimming pools, palm trees, 5 star hotels etc . Us poor Jew types who had to get out of Central Europe get lumbered North West England. That's hardly fair is it?

Edited by no balls

not a lot of point getting involved really when people talk so much shite and then at the end of it claim to have a bite.

i congratulate you on your contribution to the demise of what was once a good site.

well done i think this may well be one og the top acheivements in your life.

Glad to have lived up to your exceedingly dull expectations.

That actually made me smile!

In reality I find you better than dull. I don't always agree with your opinions, but they are generally well thought out and reasoned. You're wasted on here.

• Members

Kinell Crawley. You sandal wearing, tree hugging, limp wristed, vegetarian commie fooktard. You should write the Labour Party manifesto and Boring Gordons speeches ;)

I never call cripples cripples. I call them raspberries. No different to calling the Greeks bubbles. Don't want to offend anyone now do we?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.