Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Online Season Tickets

Elson

• Moderators
Apparently they upgraded their system on thursday but couldn't get it to work again. They've now just turned it off completely. Although they did answer the phone in under a minute ....

Right, I don't want to get on my high horse but this is one of my areas of expertise so...

THE absolute worst time to upgrade systems is during your busiest period. Only a total idiot would approve that, so I'm guessing Gareth Moores was involved. This should have been done at the end of the season when NOTHING was on sale.

Secondly, you would always, always, always take a back-up of your existing system so you could swap it back should things go tits up. You would also always perform this on a Monday so you have all week to fix it, should it not be working by Friday lunch you are going to lose the whole weekend too.

Note to BWFC: look up "parallel running".

This is common sense to anyone who has studied GCSE Computer Studies.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phoned up, listened to the garbage answer-machine, spoke to someone in under 2 minutes and the deed was done.

not difficult at all. seems ridiculous though that you can book flights, accommodation, shows, whatever in foreign countries using different timezones, currencies, languages via the INTERNET - yet you cannot buy a season ticket from a "professional" operation up the road.

RENEWED 2 TICKETS SUNDAY 1st JULY - TOOK 2MINS AND SAID THEY WOULD BE SENT OUT ON MONDAY !

EASY ! I DONT THINK SO - THIS IS BWFC ?

COME FRIDAY - NO TICKETS ?

SENT THEM AN E-MAIL - THEY SENT ONE BACK THE TICKETS WOULD BE SENT OUT IN 2 WEEKS TIME ???????????????

WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM ????

THEY NEVER GET ANY BETTER, FIRST TIME I`VE USED TICKET OFFICE ONLINE AND PROBABLY THE LAST.

RENEWED 2 TICKETS SUNDAY 1st JULY - TOOK 2MINS AND SAID THEY WOULD BE SENT OUT ON MONDAY !

EASY ! I DONT THINK SO - THIS IS BWFC ?

COME FRIDAY - NO TICKETS ?

SENT THEM AN E-MAIL - THEY SENT ONE BACK THE TICKETS WOULD BE SENT OUT IN 2 WEEKS TIME ???????????????

WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM ????

THEY NEVER GET ANY BETTER, FIRST TIME I`VE USED TICKET OFFICE ONLINE AND PROBABLY THE LAST.

As long as you get your tickets before the first game of the season what the problem?

As long as you get your tickets before the first game of the season what the problem?

AS LONG AS THEY GET THE CORRECT SEATS, YOUR RIGHT.

WE`VE HAD THE SAME SEATS SINCE THE REEBOK OPENED - A GROUP OF US FROM THE BURNDEN TERRACE ALL SIT TOGETHER.

SO ARE THEY SAYING DONT BUY ONLINE 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS BECAUSE WE CANT GET YOUR TICKETS OUT IN TIME ?

AS LONG AS THEY GET THE CORRECT SEATS, YOUR RIGHT.

WE`VE HAD THE SAME SEATS SINCE THE REEBOK OPENED - A GROUP OF US FROM THE BURNDEN TERRACE ALL SIT TOGETHER.

SO ARE THEY SAYING DONT BUY ONLINE 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS BECAUSE WE CANT GET YOUR TICKETS OUT IN TIME ?

STOP USING CAPITAL LETTERS! IT'S BAD ENOUGH WITH CRAMPO.

We went up to the ground on Saturday in the end, quite a few people around too - so maybe ST sales won't be as bad as we're all predicting.

Pain in the f?cking arse though, I work in central manc & the owd fella wrks in Adlington - would have been so much easier to have been able to buy these online. And you can only renew your tikets using that system, not buy your first ST for ages :pardon:

I was annoyed on Friday about it, now I'm just glad I won't have to endure those retards at the ticket office again for a while. (unless they f?ck it up)

• Moderators
Just had Bolton phoning me up asking if I was still renewing (sales must be low) anyway they say the early bird discount ends today . I would renew but as it stands I will miss ten games due to work.

i think today is the last day for renewing existing seats, not discounts

that was saturday

• Moderators
Just had Bolton phoning me up asking if I was still renewing (sales must be low) anyway they say the early bird discount ends today . I would renew but as it stands I will miss ten games due to work.

Fair play to them, but it's about 14 months to late to start phoning folk, better late than never though. However, if someone was going to renew, they would have done it during the discount period.

As I've said numerous times, if they'd phoned me last year I would have renewed. They didn't...

Someone called Mike Needham e-mailed me back, well it would have been one of those replies he already had scripted, but I was very suprised.

Doubt he'll do a thing about the points I raised though. The online ticketing system will have no doubt cost them a bomb already, the Market Place won't be opening for a long time yet & why would anyone with half a brain want to work with those idiots in the TO anyway.

• Moderators

In my opinion, and my opinion alone, Mike Needham is totally and utterly useless. He won't (or more likely can't) do a thing about any of the problems, he is just a liason office who introduces a further buffer between the people who are causing these problems and those who are suffering from them.

It's not a personal attack on the bloke as it's not his fault, but the position he's in is just one of a puppet.

Edited by Carlos

i think today is the last day for renewing existing seats, not discounts

that was saturday

He quoted as from tommorow the price will go up from ?410 to ?450 so Im assuming the discount was still ongoing even though i was under the same impression as yourself

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.