• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Big Black

2. Led Zep

3. Pistols

4. Smiths

5. Genesis (1975 line up)

In one concert with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore having 15 mins between each act doing Derek and Clive..............."Oh my mum came into my room to suck.............................." :rofl:

queen

happy mondays

verve

fleetwood mac

guns n roses

for me chaps :drinks:

If you want the best gigs of all time I am torn between Floyd at Earls Court 1981 ish - The Wall

and The Smiths Free Trade Hall 1984 ish followed by a sesh in the Hacienda.

Hawkwind at the Apollo 1979 and 1980, Motorhead also 1980 ish.

The Stone Roses at Sheffield on their last tour was also a bit special.

Oh Happy Days.........

Edited by Barnstoneworth White

A few mention The Who, so heads up for BBC4 toneet 9.30-11.30:

Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who. BBC 4Biography of the legendary British band, charting four decades of their success in the music industry through a combination of rare and unseen concert footage. Plus, exclusive interviews with key players, including Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey

That was a brilliant biography,I had not seen the footage of the detours before and did not know that the band reformed and toured just to get Entwhislte out of dire straights,I was brought up on the Who and Dylan and remember being baby sat while my dad went to the gig at charlton that was featured in the programme.

Smiths FTH84 was a classic. The front rows of the seating collapsed as it all went a bit mad!

I'm sure tickets were only about ?3 for a gig in those days or am I imagining it?

I still have the ticket somewhere at me mams, think it was about a fiver in the posh seats - the side balcony

I shudder when I realise it was over 24 years ago!

• Moderators

I'd have loved to have seen The Smiths but they last played England in 1986 and I was a bit young. Seen pretty much everything since then worth watching apart from Libertines, Nirvana and Radiohead circa The Bends before they went utter w?nk.

Saw the Breeders this week, awesome! Got Charlatans, Wedding Present, The Cribs and Black Kids coming up :good:

Saw the Breeders this week, awesome! Got Charlatans, Wedding Present, The Cribs and Black Kids coming up :good:

was looking at tickets for the charlatans today, seen em at rockness last year, they are quality. Got the cribs coming up at this years rockness :good: good times!

courteeners were good tonight, got the attitude to go along way in the manc scene. Even better gettin a good few whites songs ont go with some guys ont way out.

seen em better than that to be honest .

They where ok but looked a bit nervous if you ask me.

Maybe the pressure of playing a home gig.

Shit hot band though

wouldn't have minded watching the charlatans and primal scream when they played at the crown and flick many moons ago.

going watching them in may for the umpteenth time,quality live band,

gutted about missing the breeders the other week another top band.

Radiohead circa The Bends before they went utter w?nk.

just been talking about that in the office - supported James at GMex at that time and seemed decent, then went completely toss

For me, folk I've not seen that would have liked to

Smiths

Beatles

Pink Floyd

Sex Pistols

Stone Roses

Think I've seen just about everyone I would like to from recent times, witht he exception of Killers

Flash_Glass_Multisurface_Spray_750ml.jpg

20070928_331001932660FC30_LRG.JPG

funny as fook that Carlos.

perfectly normal well educated post from the best moderator.

flash in the pan or not they are decent (although not as decent as greek yoghurt)

Edited by hughesy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.