Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce

Eddie

Cut short a holiday to return to the North West in anticipation of Mark Hughes leaving Blackburn according to Sky Sports.

Could be some interesting views if the Big Man becomes the Dingle boss.

so much for him being 'part of a consortium' to take over us! :unknw:

I was thinking about that yesterday, many people claimed it was already a done deal..........................they were clearly all talking bollox

Guest Blixa

So Big Sam left Bolton for a bigger challenge...at Blackburn.

I would guess a few players would leave (to city and elsewhere), he'll be left with a very short pre-season to sort out his backroom team and new signings and as has been said, his best days seem to be behind him. Still...Diouf, Campo, Jussi and Nicky Hunt wouldn't have to move house.

So Big Sam left Bolton for a bigger challenge...at Blackburn.

Not wanting to stick up for him, but that's just being silly............

He did leave for a bigger challenge, at Newcastle, which is/was a bigger challenge. It proved too big a challenge for him ultimtely though

I was thinking about that yesterday, many people claimed it was already a done deal..........................they were clearly all talking bollox

Not bollox at all - If Davies had sold the club Allardyce would be manager and that is a nailed on, gilt edged fact

He hasn't sold, so he isn't manager.

Nothing new on here then......................i know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy bullsh1t

Not bollox at all - If Davies had sold the club Allardyce would be manager and that is a nailed on, gilt edged fact

He hasn't sold, so he isn't manager.

How can that statement possibly be true?

If he'd sold it to a certain paty maybe, but not had he sold it to anyone.

Guest Blixa
Not wanting to stick up for him, but that's just being silly............

He did leave for a bigger challenge, at Newcastle, which is/was a bigger challenge. It proved too big a challenge for him ultimtely though

Well, he actually said he left for a 'rest', then came the bigger challenge line when Newcastle flashed some cash his way (after the expected job at City failed to materialise). But I agree Newcastle was too big a job although it matched his ego perfectly.

• Members
Well, he actually said he left for a 'rest', then came the bigger challenge line when Newcastle flashed some cash his way (after the expected job at City failed to materialise). But I agree Newcastle was too big a job although it matched his ego perfectly.

Oh for his ego back at the Reebok and a top 8 finish again. Will we ever see the like again? Doubtful.

That's what I meant.

Then why are they not interested in buying us anymore?

It must have been bollox unless they were hoping for a really cheap sale as we were in the land of uncertainty in terms of what leage we'd be in for 08/09

Otherwise now our Premier status is attained, they'd be in like Flynn, no?

It must have been bollox unless they were hoping for a really cheap sale as we were in the land of uncertainty in terms of what leage we'd be in for 08/09

I agree, the reality probably is that we were never "being sold" - just folk making things up

Or now that we're still in the Prem, Davies no longer wants to sell?

Oh for his ego back at the Reebok and a top 8 finish again. Will we ever see the like again? Doubtful.

I agree, we'll never again see an ego like that at the Reebok.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.