Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Signings & Spin

Riga signed for us last week , the club anounce he has signed the day Diuof shunts off to the Mackems.

Elmandor allegedley cost ?10 mill but even the club mag matchday quotes the fee as undisclosed as does the

Tolouse fc official website . I reckon we paid ?5-6 mill with the rest his contract over three years , this fee I

would be much happier with given his track record etc . But we have to endure a bigging up of the fee so as

not to be too disapointed when a smaller squad than previous is the order of the day (get the wage bill down)

All this is ok if we are told the thruth but I suspect spin Garside-style.

I reckon only one more will be brought in maybe two if Meite goes , squad way too thin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmandor allegedley cost ?10 mill but even the club mag matchday quotes the fee as undisclosed as does the

Tolouse fc official website . I reckon we paid ?5-6 mill with the rest his contract over three years

Don't talk shite man

I'm sorry, what's your point here??

Other than Chelsea, no club in the world pays upfront for a player. eg.. Man Utd will pay ?18m for Anderson over the length of his contract after a smaller fee, like buyin a car on tick. If we're doing the same with Elmander then surely that's good business, not 'spin', leaving more ready cash available for other things.

Riga signed for us last week , the club anounce he has signed the day Diuof shunts off to the Mackems.

Tolouse fc official website . I reckon we paid ?5-6 mill with the rest his contract over three years , this fee I

would be much happier with given his track record etc . But we have to endure a bigging up of the fee so as

not to be too disapointed when a smaller squad than previous is the order of the day (get the wage bill down)

I reckon only one more will be brought in maybe two if Meite goes , squad way too thin

Utter rubbish - you're just speculating to fit your conspiracy theory

I'm sorry, what's your point here??

Other than Chelsea, no club in the world pays upfront for a player. eg.. Man Utd will pay ?18m for Anderson over the length of his contract after a smaller fee, like buyin a car on tick. If we're doing the same with Elmander then surely that's good business, not 'spin', leaving more ready cash available for other things.

you miss the point ..........I agree with good business as you say but for the club to tell porkies to its own fans about the size of the fee is surely wrong ????

Sorry I didnt realise my user name was 'take Nicky Hunt off' ...............tosser

fair enough, sorry my mistake. I thought you were one of those players who has a go at Hunt before he's even touched the ball.

I apologise

I am happy with our signings just as i was in January.

Megson has done well with the money he has

been giving to spend up to now,a couple more

and we will be reet. :good:

So enjoy the sunshine and stop moaning. =D>

Did I say I was unhappy with Megsons signings ? no quite the reverse I just dont like the way the PR machine is cranked to full spin

you miss the point ..........I agree with good business as you say but for the club to tell porkies to its own fans about the size of the fee is surely wrong ????

No I didn't miss the point. If the transfer fee is 11m over 4 years... then the transfer fee is still 11m.. because that's what they're paying.... what school of finance did you study?

Fcukin hate the school holidays on ere

I am guessing your glass is half empty.

You want the truth and yet your post is almost total speculation.

Do you think you could handle the truth ?

Facts....since jan we have bought

Cahill

Steinsson

Taylor

Muamba

Riga

Elmander.

out...

anelka...nothing we could about it

diouff.....wanted to go...

campo.....too old...

stelios......hardly played....

andranik.....hardly played

bratten......could nt play

whilemsson......could hardly play.

i may have missed one or two but the point is the six we have brought in are not bad !

we could do with a real goal scorer but of those that have left that we could have kept only stelios is worth a second glimpse. Not sure the wage bill will be down a lot over the summer.

there again it maybe a gartside conspiracy :nea:

No I didn't miss the point. If the transfer fee is 11m over 4 years... then the transfer fee is still 11m.. because that's what they're paying.... what school of finance did you study?

Fcukin hate the school holidays on ere

the school of science actually & if you know what that means then you old enough to have a mature exchange of views

We paid ?8 mill for Anelka ............that was ?8 mill transfer fee with his wages on top

so how much did we pay for Elmander as a transfer fee ???????

I think we should be told simple as that was it ?10 mill with his wages on top of that or not

If you can get that info from anywhere in or out of the club then you a surely a Watt Tyler of your day.

Why? What does it matter. :pardon:

Hypothosis 1:

transfer buget say ?20 mill.................thats transfer kitty not wages

Elmander ?10 mill (alledgedly)

Mumaba ?5 mill

Riga ?0.5mill (in the end)

that leaves ?4.5

Hypothosis 2 :

tarnsfer budget as above

Elmander ?6 mill (alledgedly by me)

Muamba ?5 mill

Riga ?0.5 mill

That leaves ?8.5 in the kitty.........................................................

thats possibly three more players rarther than one or two ..........thats why it matters.

Hypothosis 1:

Mumaba ?5 mill

that leaves ?4.5

Hypothosis 2 :

tarnsfer budget as above

Muamba ?5 mill

Riga ?0.5 mill

That leaves ?8.5 in the kitty.........................................................

thats possibly three more players rarther than one or two ..........thats why it matters.

:lazy:

Hypothosis 1:

Mumaba ?5 mill

that leaves ?4.5

Hypothosis 2 :

tarnsfer budget as above

Muamba ?5 mill

Riga ?0.5 mill

So.............you think it would be a good idea for a business that is potentially going be buying something to tell the people they are buying from how they intend to spend ?

Also you do not know what the kitty was in the first place you still would nt know the end figure.

like saying 'i am a fat red ginger, if i lose two stones how much do i weigh ?'

So.............you think it would be a good idea for a business that is potentially going be buying something to tell the people they are buying from how they intend to spend ?

Also you do not know what the kitty was in the first place you still would nt know the end figure.

like saying 'i am a fat red ginger, if i lose two stones how much do i weigh ?'

18 Stone :pardon:

Clubs tell the fans porkies....really....well I never.

If you hadn't mentioned it I'm sure nobody on here would have guessed that :rofl:

'tis a good point that Ani brings up. If you don't know what the transfer kitty was intially, then you can't know how much is left, no matter what we spend.

I don't see what benefit the club would gain in pretending to pay ?4M more for a player than they actually had. And to take it right through to the end, if we had only paid say ?6M (and told everybody it was ?10M), do you think Toulouse would be happy with people thinking they had recieved ?10M when they had only actually received ?6M............this would then cause teams they wanted to buy players from to bump up their prices, as they would expect Toulose to have plenty of extra money.

You haven't really thought your madcap conspiracy theory out have you