Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Elmander

Yatesy, Davies wouldn't haver been able to do what Elmander did in the build up to the goal.

but then you never rated Davies either

I give up I really do but at least we can now understand why you think Elmander "has had a good season" even if the player himself doesn't think so.

There again, you probably watch more football than Elmander :rofl:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I give up I really do but at least we can now understand why you think Elmander "has had a good season" even if the player himself doesn't think so.

Be thankful for small mercies :D

This is why your such a fool

you just make things up out of the blue

can you tell me where Elmander has said he hasn't had a good season?

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1004~1660438,00.html

not once does he say that

yes, he says he could have done better, but I think every single on the person on the planet would agree with that.

This is why your such a fool

yes, he says he could have done better, but I think every single on the person on the planet would agree with that.

FFS Calling me a FOOL :rofl:

Somebody who still can not explain his statement of Elmander "has had a good season" is in a very odd position to start calling others who have explained their position on the said player.

you really living on a different planet

FFS Calling me a FOOL :rofl:

Somebody who still can not explain his statement of Elmander "has had a good season" is in a very odd position to start calling others who have explained their position on the said player.

you really living on a different planet

You are a fool

If Megson did what you said we would be playing with Smolarek and Makakulu up front as you wanted both Davies and Elmander dropped. ::lol::

You are a fool

If Megson did what you said we would be playing with Smolarek and Makakulu up front as you wanted both Davies and Elmander dropped. ::::lol::::

When did I say that then?

Edited by YATESY

You are a fool

If Megson did what you said we would be playing with Smolarek and Makakulu up front as you wanted both Davies and Elmander dropped. ::::lol::::

Totally with Garp on this arguement, I think Elmander has had a good first season - shown glimpses of true class, excellent first touch and very good with the ball at his feet.

P.S Yatesy, did you miss the rubbish pass he played through for Basham on saturday, and the new fans favourite fell over the ball.

Edited by Stewy_Baby

• Site Supporter
You are a fool

If Megson did what you said we would be playing with Smolarek and Makakulu up front as you wanted both Davies and Elmander dropped. :::lol:::

You can interpret the article as you want but i think Elmander readily admits his first season hasn't been good enough.

As for Yatesy, I wish he'd stop going on about how he thinks Smolarek and Makka Pakka should have been paired up front

:rofl:

I would take these comments from that interview to pretty much read that Elmander is admiting he hasn't had a good season:

...if things aren't going right on the pitch...

...five goals in a season with a game to go is not good for a striker

My biggest disappointment is that I have not yet been able to show the fans what I can do.

As you know, the last thing he is going to say is "i've been poor to average for most of the season..." but just those 3 quotes above give more than enough evidence to support my post.

You can apologise if you want for accusing me of "making things up"

Maybe im missing something, but who would you have played then?

You know full well that my comments about Davies were tongue-in-cheek at a time that Davies was struggling for form and not able to hit a barn door.

It was a thread posted at a time on WW when very little was happening and it generated a good discussion.

Elmander on the other hand is a different matter.

I would take these comments from that interview to pretty much read that Elmander is admiting he hasn't had a good season:

As you know, the last thing he is going to say is "i've been poor to average for most of the season..." but just those 3 quotes above give more than enough evidence to support my post.

No, they dont support your post at all, you chose to take a negative spin on what he said because you think he is shit, like you have done with Davies and Anelka.

Just like he wasn't going to say "i've been poor to average for most of the season...", he was hardly going to say "ive had a fantastic season"

Like ive said, he's not played to the best of his ability, but that doesnt mean he has been shit and we should sell for half of what we paid for him

You chose to ignore the positives in what he said and focus on the negatives

I still dont know why im carrying on with this, because when everyone starts wanking over him next season you will only say "I said he didnt fit into the way we played bla bla fucking bla"

• Members

...and you should apologise to the rest of us after you claimed to have given up and yet are still posting on the subject.

For the record, I am generally with Garrp. I believe Elmander has a lot of good attributes. When we can feed him from a creative midfielder and have someone up alongside him, I reckon he could surprise many.

Besides all this, I have learned that when you say a player is bobbins, it is a safe bet that he won't be ;)

You know full well that my comments about Davies were tongue-in-cheek at a time that Davies was struggling for form and not able to hit a barn door.

It was a thread posted at a time on WW when very little was happening and it generated a good discussion.

And Anelka?

No, they dont support your post at all, you chose to take a negative spin on what he said because you think he is shit, like you have done with Davies and Anelka.

Just like he wasn't going to say "i've been poor to average for most of the season...", he was hardly going to say "ive had a fantastic season"

Like ive said, he's not played to the best of his ability, but that doesnt mean he has been shit and we should sell for half of what we paid for him

You chose to ignore the positives in what he said and focus on the negatives

I still dont know why im carrying on with this, because when everyone starts wanking over him next season you will only say "I said he didnt fit into the way we played bla bla fucking bla"

OK, I can see you are starting to lose the plot now.

In the 9 pages of this thread, I challenge you to find one post that I have called Elmander "shit"

While you are at it, re-read the Davies and Anelka threads and find a single post that I called them "shit"

Who is the one making things up now?

My post on Anelka always made reference to his qualities but just like the Davies thread, it questioned how long do you keep a striker in the team who is not scoring (and in Davies's spell before Christmas - looked disinterested too).

As for opinions - isn't that what WW is all about. I picked out the negative comments in that article to support my arguement

You haven't yet put your arguement forward and thus, like normal on this thread, just had a dig at those who don't share your opinion on a player.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.p...1&hl=davies

aye

your right, i can see you were joking

this is why i wont justify my view to you, because when you are wrong you never admit

its either "i said anelka didnt fit into the system"

or "the Davies post was tongue in cheek"

if you were man enough to admit you got it totally wrong about Anelka and Davies, id probably tell you why I think he has had a good season, but theres no point as you only welch out of what you previously say

...and you should apologise to the rest of us after you claimed to have given up and yet are still posting on the subject.

For the record, I am generally with Garrp. I believe Elmander has a lot of good attributes. When we can feed him from a creative midfielder and have someone up alongside him, I reckon he could surprise many.

Besides all this, I have learned that when you say a player is bobbins, it is a safe bet that he won't be ;)

You know the score Bolty.

As I have mentioned in a few posts, I can see that Elmander does have some qualities but we haven't adapted our style of play to use his strengths and nor do we look like doing that.

Now I hope I am proved wrong next season but for that to happen, he can't remain as a solo front man without any service from a ball playing midfield player.

:rofl: :rofl:

how fcuking rich.

You just don't get it do you.

Yes Anelka and Davies proved me wrong but that was the whole bloody point of the threads :rofl:

your an absolute plantpot

so you didnt actually mean what you posted, you just said it because you knew it would make them come good

just like this post, you dont think we should sell Elmander for half of what we paid, your just using your magical powers to make him come good

i do apologise

• Site Supporter

Now Then Now then Boys

Surely the reality on this issue is somehere in the middle of your points of view.

Yatesy we surely have to allow time into next season to potentailly see if we can buy in some more creativity to bring out the best in Elmander and help him find some of that form we saw earlier in the season when goalscoring didn't look difficult. As has been pointed out many a good premiership player took more than a season to settle, especially when it has been so injury hit.

But Garrp to go the extremes of suggesting he has had a good season is surely stretching it too far. I don't care how many games anybody goes to, to make that judgement would be wholly inaccurate. He has occasionally shown good touches, finishing and workrate, but surely if Yatesy can concede the above paragraph, you surely have to revise your thoughts on what constitutes a good season?

your an absolute plantpot

so you didnt actually mean what you posted, you just said it because you knew it would make them come good

just like this post, you dont think we should sell Elmander for half of what we paid, your just using your magical powers to make him come good

i do apologise

did i say that? This thread has been going for too long now, as I can't recall what I posted

Regards the magical powers: At last :rofl:

and if you believe that you'll believe anything.

p.s. glad you can break off watching 24-7 football with a little viewing of Power Rangers. Which do you prefer, Operation Overdrive, Mystic Force or Jungle Fury?

• Site Supporter
Did Kevin Davies have a good season last year?

Of course he did and for most seasons he has been at Bolton.

We know exactly what Davies offers EVERY game for Bolton - surely your not making the same comparisons to Elmander this season?

did i say that? This thread has been going for too long now, as I can't recall what I posted

Regards the magical powers: At last :rofl:

and if you believe that you'll believe anything.

p.s. glad you can break off watching 24-7 football with a little viewing of Power Rangers. Which do you prefer, Operation Overdrive, Mystic Force or Jungle Fury?

don't know why you keep going on about how much football I watch, i commented on how little you watch (2 minutes of MOTD to see us, didnt you say?) because you obvioulsy think every other team has a Messi, Anelka no hes shite and doesnt fit into our style of play or Torres

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.