Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Elmander

Coincidentally, I have just found a copy of the Bolton News dated June 25th 2008. The headline reads, 'Whites set for record swoop'.

An interesting paragraph is as follows:

'Elmander has returned to France after a frustrating time at Euro 2008 but his relative failure at the tournament has helped Wanderers to talk to his club, Toulouse into halving their asking price for the 27 year old'

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I,ve said previously, it's his first season in the PL.

Give the lad time.

Are you for real?

Fernando Torres scored over 20 in his first season, so every striker must be able to do that.

Are you for real?

Fernando Torres scored over 20 in his first season, so every striker must be able to do that.

I'm imaginary .... ;)

Smolarek??

He was brought in on loan as a back up striker and has obviously not settled in and is that fantastic Santander are letting him go to the mighty Aris Saloniki for nowt in the summer.

the point in loan players is to see if they're what you want/need and sadly for Ebi it's been seen that he isn't what Gary wants

I'll give you that it is hard to tell which is his strongest foot as he's barely capable of controlling a ball, but didnt he score a couple of nice left footed goals up in the NE back in November?

I've obviously not studied him as much as you have but he seems to prefer the ball on his left.

He controls it mainly with his right foot and plays 90% of his passes with his right foot. Just because a player has scored a couple of goals with his left doesnt make him left footed. You have obviously hardly watched him, hes struggled for goals so hes shit, typical small minded prick. And you think Bolton fans have above average knowledge of football :rofl:

Are you for real?

and here we have another 1 or 2 line cloak-and-dagger comment.

Still not been able to put an explanation together of how / why you think that Elmander "has had a good season"?

Pathetic, really pathetic

I think Elmander is another example of a Megson signing with no great forethought as to how to get the best out of him.

Surely if a club of our size is going to spend that much money on him then he should have been the focal point?

Square pegs & round holes spring to mind!!

Yes, because we would spend however many millions on a player, without knowing how he could fit into the side...

I don't believe Elmander has had the best of seasons, but think he may find his feet with another season in the PL.

Still not been able to put an explanation together of how / why you think that Elmander "has had a good season"?

Exactly that, it takes 10 seconds to write a 1 or 2 line cloak and dagger comment.

i cant be arsed writing anymore on why I think Elmander has had a good season as its not going to change anyones opinion.

Il let Elmander do the talking next season

Guest Holly_Goodhead

I don't think he is perceptive enough to realise that chickening out is worse than giving a laughably bad explanation of why Elmander is having a good season.

He loves to criticise other people's opinions but "can't be arsed" when asked to back up his own.As you say,pathetic.

I don't think he is perceptive enough to realise that chickening out is worse than giving a laughably bad explanation of why Elmander is having a good season.

He loves to criticise other people's opinions but "can't be arsed" when asked to back up his own.As you say,pathetic.

Its an internet Forum, it isn't possible for me to care any less what you think.

You will dissapear of the face of the earth this time next season ::lol::

Garp = pathetic FACT

His dad is a Mod on here so there will be trouble.

Megson clearly signed Elmander without a thought of how he would use him. It would nt surprise me if we let him go on a free over the summer.

Along with Steinsson, Mccann. O'brien (X2), Muamba, Cohen, Riga and Smolarek.

Jussi, Cahill, Taylor and SKD must be brilliant ot have carried that shower of shit throughout the season.

Garp = pathetic FACT

Megson clearly signed Elmander without a thought of how he would use him. It would nt surprise me if we let him go on a free over the summer.

Jussi, Cahill, Taylor and SKD must be brilliant ot have carried that shower of shit throughout the season.

:rofl:

If anyone didnt know, this is Ani my uncle.

Garp = pathetic FACT

I forgot - COCK!

We should have got rid of Jussi last season when he feigned his back injury.

He was brought in on loan as a back up striker and has obviously not settled in and is that fantastic Santander are letting him go to the mighty Aris Saloniki for nowt in the summer.

the point in loan players is to see if they're what you want/need and sadly for Ebi it's been seen that he isn't what Gary wants

Just a little puzzled as to why he virtually shipped him stright off the plane to play out of position against the Arsenal & then ignored him for months... obviously took a lot of time in deciding he wasnt what he wanted.... NOT

Just a little puzzled as to why he virtually shipped him stright off the plane to play out of position against the Arsenal & then ignored him for months... obviously took a lot of time in deciding he wasnt what he wanted.... NOT

Aye, I don't suppose they see them train week in week out, and then form an opinion of him based on what they see there.

I forgot - COCK!

We should have got rid of Jussi last season when he feigned his back injury.

Jussi has been here ten years so I think it must be well over 100 points he has cost in his time.

Why a series of managers and telly pundits can not see why he is so crap beggars belief.

He won't explain why the useless swede has had a good season for the simple fact that he hasn't.

In megsons words he was supposed to "lead the line" amongst other qualites he was going to show.

I would doubt very much if he could peg a line, he literally needs to pull his socks up for next season as even a small amount of effort would far surpass this seasons abysmal performances.

Edited by Tank Murdock

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.