Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not going to bore everyone to death.

If DB really wants to know, he can ask his mates at the correct bank he named. :roll:

But you were at RBS in Manchester prior to joining Handelsbanken.

BTW do they have "middle offices" at Handelsbanken. I don't know how banks work.

DiverdeBolton

But you were at RBS in Manchester prior to joining Handelsbanken.

BTW do they have "middle offices" at Handelsbanken. I don't know how banks work.

DiverdeBolton

As I said:

I'm blaming BD for encouraging him!
Edited by no balls

I think people fall into 4 camps when it comes to Megson, no two

1) Did'nt want & will never want : Megson Out

2) Did'nt want & currently don't want : Megson Out

3) Did'nt want but he's doing ok : Megson in

4) Did want and want still want : Megson in.

Lets face it he was the manager we did'nt want "Thank you, Thank you, Thank

you" still echo's around my ears from a leicester fan when we snagged him from

the Midlands

Most people are in the 1 & 2 categories, I'm currently in category 3 & I think the

only person I know to be a 4 is the man who hired him Phil Gartside.

Megson has done nothing in his post match interviews & press releases to

get the fans behind him. Its almost like he hates us Bolton fans,

yes we did'nt want you but you've got to at least try to win us over. Spouting off about

how you kept us up last season is in the past, yes you can moan about a small squad but you got rid of most of them, then flogged our club captain in the transfer window

Many fans myself included will not forgive him for the UEFA Cup reserves vs

Sporting. We spilt blood in the stands at Athletico and it counted for

nothing, absolutely nothing, indeed it backfired big time at Wigan with a 1-0 defeat. Unless he can get us back into Europe to do it again. Not going to happen this season but next season who

knows but I'm not confident.

Currently I'm just about a 3 & would have been a 2 had we lost vs a very

poor Boro team. At times we can play some belting stuff see our first &

fourth goals vs boro. The sitting back on a one goal lead instead of

killing teams off is just so negative. I can understand it away from home

but at home its criminal we were holding on vs West Ham & Newcastle and

lucky to come away with the spoils. Pompey away we were awful, Vs Sunderland barring the last 10 mins we played for a draw. Crowd wants to be entertained at home, it'll be interesting to see

what happens on Saturday.

I think people fall into 4 camps when it comes to Megson, no two

1) Did'nt want & will never want : Megson Out

2) Did'nt want & currently don't want : Megson Out

3) Did'nt want but he's doing ok : Megson in

4) Did want and want still want : Megson in.

Lets face it he was the manager we did'nt want "Thank you, Thank you, Thank

you" still echo's around my ears from a leicester fan when we snagged him from

the Midlands

Most people are in the 1 & 2 categories, I'm currently in category 3 & I think the

only person I know to be a 4 is the man who hired him Phil Gartside.

Megson has done nothing in his post match interviews & press releases to

get the fans behind him. Its almost like he hates us Bolton fans,

yes we did'nt want you but you've got to at least try to win us over. Spouting off about

how you kept us up last season is in the past, yes you can moan about a small squad but you got rid of most of them, then flogged our club captain in the transfer window

Many fans myself included will not forgive him for the UEFA Cup reserves vs

Sporting. We spilt blood in the stands at Athletico and it counted for

nothing, absolutely nothing, indeed it backfired big time at Wigan with a 1-0 defeat. Unless he can get us back into Europe to do it again. Not going to happen this season but next season who

knows but I'm not confident.

Currently I'm just about a 3 & would have been a 2 had we lost vs a very

poor Boro team. At times we can play some belting stuff see our first &

fourth goals vs boro. The sitting back on a one goal lead instead of

killing teams off is just so negative. I can understand it away from home

but at home its criminal we were holding on vs West Ham & Newcastle and

lucky to come away with the spoils. Pompey away we were awful, Vs Sunderland barring the last 10 mins we played for a draw. Crowd wants to be entertained at home, it'll be interesting to see

what happens on Saturday.

By the structure of your post, a new line starting at random, is this post cut-and-pasted from another website?

and the FTSE was under 4,000 only 3 months ago - so it has risen considerably already!

A 10% increase in the last quarter compensates you little if you have lost over 20% net over the year - If you think it does I would be more than happy to give you 80p for every pound coin you give me!

Yes I had noticed that 224,000 had lost their job but how many people had found jobs during the same period - that was NOT mentioned!

As been mentioned above - this is a net increase - a quarter of a million more people are out of work than 3 months ago - maybe if you found yourself without a job too you may not be quite so flippant about it.

Sales up, Housing up, manufacturing less than anticipated, company losses now beginning to be less than anticipated. Some industries are now rising output due to good exports which is due to the weak pound, number of mortgages being approved is up.

Yes they may be - but all considerably less than twelve months ago - I'm sure the people who are selling their houses for 20% of what they could have got last year are happy!

Only natural that banks/Credit ratings do down during a recession - but they are just as quick at going up when coming out of recession as well - so watch that space over the next 18 months!

That is if they can survive another 18 months - The Cheshire, Derbyshire and Dunfermline Building Society's have gone already!

I do believe that we are beginning to bottom out in this recession and the only way now is back up!

That's good news for anybody investing now - but those who invested in shares, property, businesses, etc - have all taken heavy losses - just ask those who've had their homes repossed or lost their jobs!

Oh and you never did answer my question! -

Well for a start I don't know how his fortune is composed or where his losses are from this time last year - do you?

Oh and you never did answer my question! -

Sluffy - to answer your last question - NO!

But I wasn't having a go at you - as you do understand the whole picture but was having a go at Firthy at he was being more flippant and not reasoning himself.

I do apologise if I did sound very flippant for you, on that post!

not going to bore everyone to death.

If DB really wants to know, he can ask his mates at the correct bank he named. :roll:

Now, I'm confused, Handelsbanken's head office................is in Japan?

"As I have already disclosed I work, primarily in the Middle Office of a Corporate Bank but since the start of the year I am on a management training programme and also on a special projects team (looking at efficiency and cost saving across the whole areas of the Bank whilst keeping the integrity, whatevers left after this recession, of the Bank in place), thus this takes me to the various offices across Europe (including Moscow). It also means conference calls to Head Office in Japan."

No, but I do work for an International Bank in Amsterdam (give you a clue - they also have an office above the Grapes Pub (Liz Dawn/Vera Duckworth's pub) in Manchester and its scandinavian - hence the reason I can come over every now and again for the games).

Also that is my real photo on my profile.

Some real piggy looking women hang outside the entrance to Sunlight House smoking whenever I go to Bannatynes...taking that and your photo into consideration, do they have a policy on only employing hideously ugly people?

I expect it causes less distraction

Now, I'm confused, Handelsbanken's head office................is in Japan?

"As I have already disclosed I work, primarily in the Middle Office of a Corporate Bank but since the start of the year I am on a management training programme and also on a special projects team (looking at efficiency and cost saving across the whole areas of the Bank whilst keeping the integrity, whatevers left after this recession, of the Bank in place), thus this takes me to the various offices across Europe (including Moscow). It also means conference calls to Head Office in Japan."

and all that was before I decided to come clean about everything - including posting my true photo on my profile.

If you want a full enquiry then eith do it in the other section, where I will just wind everyone up again, or pm me - instead of wasting vital footballing space!

Edited by DutchWhites

and all that was before I decided to come clean about everything - including posting my true photo on my profile.

If you want a full enquiry then eith do it in the other section, where I will just wind everyone up again, or pm me - instead of wasting vital footballing space!

!

Guest Firthy

What a loser.

By the structure of your post, a new line starting at random, is this post cut-and-pasted from another website?

Nope, twas all my own work, felt people had strayed off Bolton Divers original topic of 2 camps those for & against Megson

i dont really rate him, i think he's a very medicore manager, but the players we have are medicore too, hence we will finish the season in an medicore position.

mediore is not poor, not is it fantastic, but it guarentees premiership football for another season.

Four attempts at mediocre, none right

Picking up on grammar is gay... but it did make me laugh

I thought you were building up to a joke when I first read it

As I've said before, Megson is the best manager we could have on our limited budget and ambition.

So we sack Megson...who do we get? Owen Coyle? Phil Brown? Nigel Pearson? They are all half-decent managers but none of them have kept a team in the Premiership. Megson has. More than once.

Get behind him or fook off, we need Megson more than we need the anti-Megson fools. I'd rather see 10000 in the ground supporting the manager than 20000 with half of them hurling abuse at him.

Get behind him or fook off, we need Megson more than we need the anti-Megson fools. I'd rather see 10000 in the ground supporting the manager than 20000 with half of them hurling abuse at him.

I think you will be hard pushed to find 10000 supporting Megson.

As I've said before, Megson is the best manager we could have on our limited budget and ambition.

So we sack Megson...who do we get? Owen Coyle? Phil Brown? Nigel Pearson? They are all half-decent managers but none of them have kept a team in the Premiership. Megson has. More than once.

What you sniffing callie Megson is the best manager WHY he has not got a gameplan,his record in football management is poor at best. Then your theory of managers keeping teams up falls flat Owen Coyle never managed in the premiership but notable for great football Phil Brown not relegated as yet,and finally Nigel Pearson only ever caretaker in the premiership.How is it that you would be happy to see the reebok on tv with more empty seats than a shaking stevens gig?.Surely every B.W.F.C fan can see from the quality of football being played under the present regime is of p1ss poor standards,and i for one do not believe that Megson can change that 10 men back at set pieces will always put us under pressure big hoof upfield hoping to find super kev is not a tactic but is Megsons style of play,and finally his overspending on crap players is bordering on criminal Muamba couldnt pass water Elmander well best we forget him Taylor is a one trick pony but very good with the one trick Cahill excellent purchase Cohen nuff said completely sh1te,and the loans how do we know never got a chance to see enough of them. So we have the best manager available do we BULLSHIT we have the worst manager to ever grace the premiership OH AND ONE NAME YOU FORGOT CALLIE ROBERTO MARTINEZ would be a great manager in the premiership. just my opinion guys

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.