Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Steve Coppell Resigns

Guest Firthy
How long before someone touts him as the next Bolton manager?

Keep Megson I say

About 12 seconds after DutchWhites or DeanoH logs on.

Guest bwfcdan

Coppell should take most of the blame for last night anyway. Left his best players on the bench and even give a young lad his debut in the the biggest game of there season...a big no no!

Edited by bwfcdan

Failing to win any of their last 8 home league games has cost them promotion and quite rightly, a manager who has failed to end such a dreadful run has fallen on his sword.

Edited by YATESY

• Moderators
He said a few weeks ago this would be his last season whatever the outcome. I dont think hes looking for another job. Overall he did ok. Would like to know what the "real" story was behind the Citeh fiasco.

took a healthy interest in the youth team I heard

took a healthy interest in the youth team I heard

Now that would be an interesting chapter in his autobiography?

Was Joey Barton at City at the time, may help to explain his mental state.

Now that would be an interesting chapter in his autobiography?

Was Joey Barton at City at the time, may help to explain his mental state.

I reckon Barton has dropped to his knees and taken a Coppell of d!cks in his time.

• Moderators
Failing to win any of their last 8 league games has cost them promotion and quite rightly, a manager who has failed to end such a dreadful run has fallen on his sword.

so ferguson should have gone about 3 years ago when they got stuffed 3-0 at home to chelsea?

so ferguson should have gone about 3 years ago when they got stuffed 3-0 at home to chelsea?

I don't follow United's results so I am not sure if the game you mention was their 9th consecutive home game without a win. Maybe you can help on that?

Failing to win any of their last 8 league games has cost them promotion and quite rightly, a manager who has failed to end such a dreadful run has fallen on his sword.

Not won their last 8 league games? By what stretch of the imagination do you class 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses not winning 8 games?

Their form since about January has been dire, but the problem has been too many draws.

Coppell should take most of the blame for last night anyway. Left his best players on the bench and even give a young lad his debut in the the biggest game of there season...a big no no!

And as for leaving his best players on the bench, they were mostly carrying injuries ? as were half his squad. According to local radio, the young lad making his debut was one of their best players in the first half (that was when I got home and turned the radio off).

Riley apparently played a blinder last night, he was called an attention-seeking disgrace by one of the commentators (possibly biased, but undoubtedly true) :D

Edited by Exiled Girl

About 12 seconds after DutchWhites or DeanoH logs on.

ooooh you wish for me to say it don't you?????

For fracks sake READ my frackin posts idiot!

I have not one demonised Megson, questioned some of his abilities, yes, just like I would with any Bolton manager.

Truth is, yeah, I don't really like Megson but he is in charge and I have admitted to giving him until December 2009 - when I make my verdict on him - so until then the jury is out! (then and only then will I decide whether I am anti-Megson or not!)

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, Firthy, the Jury is out (in other words I am neither pro nor anti freakin Megson) you idiot!

Anyway Steve Coppell good Championship Manager but don't think he has the nouce (sp) to be decent Premiership Manager. He would struggle with any team in the PL!

Edited by DutchWhites

Truth is, yeah, I don't really like Megson but he is in charge and I have admitted to giving him until December 2009 - when I make my verdict on him - so until then the jury is out!

Thought Gartside was in charge of making those decisions? Or does he consult you first?

Not won their last 8 league games? By what stretch of the imagination do you class 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses not winning 8 games?

Their form since about January has been dire, but the problem has been too many draws.

Accept my apology - I missed out the key word of "last 8 HOME league games". My error has been corrected.

He said a few weeks ago this would be his last season whatever the outcome. I dont think hes looking for another job. Overall he did ok. Would like to know what the "real" story was behind the Citeh fiasco.

Was it not summat to do with him being gay?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.