Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Will Bet My Mortgage

DR WHITES

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, I despair sometimes. Are these what masquerade as 'fans' these days? Writing off the teams chances; slagging off the manager and predicting certain doom before the first f?cking ball has even been kicked? Dr. Whites, Hawklord and Holly - there are other sites for nerdlingers where you'd be better suited.

Bottom 4 all season? 'Fear for our premiership status this season'? Anything more than 'fuck off' would be a waste of effort. We either need a cull or a m?ng filter.

As lifelong fans and season ticket holders, we have a right to comment on what we pay to see each week. It's not negative to say there is a lack of entertainment, or that Elmander isn't very good, it's obvious and there for all to see. I go into the new season hoping things will be different and will be cheering the team on, but if it's still crap then people will have something to say, (hopefully more than the morons who just say 'fuck off')

As lifelong fans and season ticket holders, we have a right to comment on what we pay to see each week. It's not negative to say there is a lack of entertainment, or that Elmander isn't very good, it's obvious and there for all to see. I go into the new season hoping things will be different and will be cheering the team on, but if it's still crap then people will have something to say, (hopefully more than the morons who just say 'fuck off')

Well, yes, we all have rights, in the normal world

• Members

The bold bit I applaud, the bit in italics I would say you have the wrong way round. The bloke issuing the 'fuck off' was addressing it to a moron.

Most of us one here are lifelong fans sonny. Some of us since the mid 60's and a few well before that. All that time (missing few games until emigrating in 88) has taught me that shiyte and negativity (think Blackburn away last season) from the terraces is counter productive. In effect, you are offering succour and support to the opposition. Treason, treachery, call it what you will. It certainly won't get a better performance or result from the team you claim to support.

If you do as you say and only cheer them in the stadium and vent in places like this then good on yer. Unfortunately, I would never believe that of a plank like Holly.

• Moderators

You have the right to say whatever you like in your own front room, not on here.

Be as negative as you like, so long as you can justify your opinions and don't get upset when people quite rightly call you a miserable twat. The original post is the rantings of a madman, there's nothing to indicate they are even capable of reasoned debate. Telling them to "fuck off" is quite acceptable in my book, given the "Megson is a fooking liar" gem.

The bold bit I applaud, the bit in italics I would say you have the wrong way round. The bloke issuing the 'fuck off' was addressing it to a moron.

Most of us one here are lifelong fans sonny. Some of us since the mid 60's and a few well before that. All that time (missing few games until emigrating in 88) has taught me that shiyte and negativity (think Blackburn away last season) from the terraces is counter productive. In effect, you are offering succour and support to the opposition. Treason, treachery, call it what you will. It certainly won't get a better performance or result from the team you claim to support.

If you do as you say and only cheer them in the stadium and vent in places like this then good on yer. Unfortunately, I would never believe that of a plank like Holly.

Thanks for calling me sonny, it's been a while since anyone did that. My first game was in 1971 so I have experienced many highs and lows since then. My reason for feeling more concerned now is that I honestly can't remember being less entertained than I was last season. Even in the lower divisions with far less gifted players we at least tried to play decent football. I know the modern game is changing and money is god, but surely we can do better and I hope we see that this year. If not then the best place to let off steam should be on forums like this, not at the players on match day.

We will feature in the bottom 4 all season,and I do apologise to all of you who support Mr Megson but I fear for our prem status this season.Megson stated in May we will play a different style of football,more style and stuff only to retract that statement this week.

I will bet you ?100 that we wont and we will stay up

• Members
Thanks for calling me sonny, it's been a while since anyone did that. My first game was in 1971 so I have experienced many highs and lows since then. My reason for feeling more concerned now is that I honestly can't remember being less entertained than I was last season. Even in the lower divisions with far less gifted players we at least tried to play decent football. I know the modern game is changing and money is god, but surely we can do better and I hope we see that this year. If not then the best place to let off steam should be on forums like this, not at the players on match day.

Anytime pal :D I always find that's a good one to get a bite :good:

My take on the entertainment side is slightly different to yours. The entire game has lost a lot of its magic thanks to the nanny state mentality of its controllers; poxy rules where full blooded challenges are no longer relished like they used to be; sterile stadia; over paid prima donnas on the pitch in many cases; taking the game from the working classes and encouraging the attendance of corporates and herberts who drive Volvos and want to bring all the family etc. I could pick out a few 4-4 draws over the last couple of seasons but you rarely get a memorable game anywhere these days.

As I have said before, I have become more and more enamoured with watching Blue Square football on Setanta. Real football, real fans etc.

We agree on the bit in italics. If you have to vent, don't do it in or near the stadium. Just be prepared to be taken on if you decide to do it on this site.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.