Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Sunderland 15/08/09

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team News

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Robinson, Knight, Cahill, Ricketts, Muamba, McCann, Taylor, Davis, Kevin Davies, Elmander (Subs: Al Habsi, Cohen, O'Brien, Mark Davies, Samuel, Ward, Lee Chung-Yong)

Sunderland: Fulop, Cana, McCartney, Cattermole, Ferdinand, Bardsley, Collins, Richardson, Jones, Malbranque, Bent (Subs: Gordon, Edwards, Campbell, Nosworthy, Healy, Leadbitter, Henderson)

Did Gardner play for jamaica Thursday?

Squad: Dwayne Miller (Harbour View), Shawn Sawyers (Portmore United); Defenders- Shavar Thomas (Chiva USA), Jermaine Taylor (St Georges), Demar Phillips (Alesunds SK), Rafe Wolfe (Ferencvaros), Eric Vernan (Portmore United), Dicoy Williams (Harbour View); Midfielders - Jason Morrison (Ferencvaros), Khari Stephenson (Alesunds SK), Rodolph Austin (SK Brann), Lovel Palmer (Harbour View), Dane Richards (New York Red Bulls); Forwards – Luton Shelton (Aalborg), Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids), Navion Boyd (Tivoli Gardens), Keammar Daley (Meadhaven) and Devon Hodges (Rivoli United).

Just taken this from Reggae Boyz forum Jamaica v Ecuador team on Weds night Bibi wasn't in the squad ??

Edited by dirty barsteward

Guest pansyroadwhite
Just back from game. Total let down. Taylor was terrible, as was Robinson, Elmander and Davis. Nothing going forward and we should have lost by more. Can't wait for the rose tinted spectacle wearers to start defending this!

Oh dear :angry:

I have to say that really really was woeful

Had 1-1, Bent first scorer 25-1, and Davis couldn't put it away at the end. :angry:

Very disappointed, but I'd rather lose at home to Sunderland, than Fulham for example.

The biggest annoyance for me is the lack of chances we create, we never really look like dominating in the final third.

Think Davis has more to offer than he showed today mind. Need to get something at Hull.

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Moderators

Where does one start?

Defensively we were all at sea, Zat Knight had a shocker, he looks no better than Danny Shittu.

Categorically Sam Ricketts and Paul Robinson are no improvement over Gretar Steinsson and Jlloyd Samuel. I've no idea who identified these positions as ones that need strengthing, however they are a fucking idiot.

Sean Davies was dwelling on the ball waiting for runner going past him, you are in for a fucking long wait cocker.

Muamba took 6 minutes to hit the corner flag.

Elmander is a comedy player, we should consider loaning him out. Anything we can recoup is a bonus.

This Daniel Ward (who?) must be some player if we can afford to loan out Temitope, who is our only other fit striker.

We look to have gone backwards, significantly.

Edited by Carlos

in a way i'm kind of glad we lost this game (please stay with me for this)

at least being so poor in an attacking sense will hopefully be a big wake up call to gartside and eddie davies to give megson the money he needs. i don't entirely blame megson for the lack of attacking signings as he has said that he gives those two the names of the players he wants and their job is to get them. he knows the striker he wants but nothing yet. he also is frustrated in getting bodde and veloso as the board wont sanction the money

if we had won today (and played as bad as we did) then it would simply have been paper over the cracks.

what i will blame megson for today is a very negative team set up. he drops two of arguably our better players (particularly since megson has taken over) in samuel and steinsson in place of two very ordinary and sub-standard prem players. he includes both muamba and mccann in the midfield when it should be either one or the other and leaves mark davies (probably our most creative attacking centre mid) on the bench. if gardner was injured then fair enough but if he wasn't where the hell was he?

the only a few positives i can take from today was:

1. we played very poorly (particularly in the first half) but still only lost 1-0.

2. jussi was on top form, particularly in the first half making several good saves

3. elmander seems to do ok and have a few chances, particularly a nice curling shot in the 2nd half. hopefully he will do better this season

4. lee chung yong looked pretty lively when he came on. maybe megson will play him from the start next week and drop the comical mccann

we don't play in mid-week against arsenal as it is re-arranged but hull do play against spurs. hopefully megson will make use of that extra time to work with the players (and bring in an attacking player or 2) and we will have a better showing next weekend. (repeat of the result last season please!)

Edited by jonathan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.