Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If I Was Eddie Davis And Heard This...........

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,237...5507959,00.html

I'd be pretty pissed off and saying "Hang on pal you were the one who set the priority targets and spent your budget on centre halves and fullbacks dont come crying to me for attacking options when you've only just realised the millions you've spent in that department have not worked out"

he can't have it both ways - one day it's we're bolton and have to cut our cloth the next it's insinuating I need more money - my patience is wearing thin - with the money we have and have spent you can succeed with entertainment in the prem proven fact - you have to buy the right players and deploy decent tactics.

• Site Supporter

I'd be pretty pissed off and saying "Hang on pal you were the one who set the priority targets and spent your budget on centre halves and fullbacks dont come crying to me for attacking options when you've only just realised the millions you've spent in that department have not worked out"

he can't have it both ways - one day it's we're bolton and have to cut our cloth the next it's insinuating I need more money - my patience is wearing thin - with the money we have and have spent you can succeed with entertainment in the prem proven fact - you have to buy the right players and deploy decent tactics.

Or he might say, "Right Gaz, we've had 18 shots today, 9 on target. Who do we need to buy to bury these chances and have us back to winning ways?"

Or he might say, "Right Gaz, we've had 18 shots today, 9 on target. Who do we need to buy to bury these chances and have us back to winning ways?"

Closely followed by "What ?3m offer for Elmander....nah no worries write off the ?5m not a problem lets have another go eh"

Come on Megson has got to take responsibilty for his actions at some stage surely?

Maybe I should have splet on this I've had a few at the cricket and am severly gutted.

His permanent excuse is money. It's an obvious one to hide behind. When he does leave , which he will this season, it will be because we didn't match his ambitions and provide enough funds for the type of players he wanted.

this was posted yesterday... how ironic

the current team is 95% players he bought

He is the manager

how simple do you want it?

• Site Supporter

maybe davies isnt a "glass half empty' kinda bloke?

in fact, im not sure how you even came to write this post after that video.

as far as i can work, cahill was to blame for the goal, we had loads of chances, players need to take responsibility and take chances and proven goalscorer are expensive and difficult to come by.

which i believe is ALL true.

if i was eddie davies, id be saying "right gary, who do you want and how much will it cost?"

maybe davies isnt a "glass half empty' kinda bloke?

in fact, im not sure how you even came to write this post after that video.

as far as i can work, cahill was to blame for the goal, we had loads of chances, players need to take responsibility and take chances and proven goalscorer are expensive and difficult to come by.

which i believe is ALL true.

if i was eddie davies, id be saying "right gary, who do you want and how much will it cost?"

Exactly my point - so why has he appeared to only really start looking for striking options late in the window and spent money in areas we appeared to be ok in - Eddie davies is a hard nosed business man I doubt he'll say it's ok Gary the glass is half full after he spent ?8m of his cash on a forward recommended by Gary who can't seem to score in his team.

You cannot keep defending Megson, he's got to take responsibilty for his actions he's had enough time and enough money and as a result he's now got enough rope and the gallows are looming - theres no satisfaction in that at all because it means we must be shit but unfortunately it's true.

so why has he appeared to only really start looking for striking options late in the window

I'll defend him from unsubstantiaited tittle tattle though. Neither you nor I know how long he's been looking, or who or what he's been looking for.

• Site Supporter
I'll defend him from unsubstantiaited tittle tattle though. Neither you nor I know how long he's been looking, or who or what he's been looking for.

Exactly, we are not exactly the greatest draw for a decent striker to come and play for us are we!? As far as I see it, we have a good one in Elmander, but his confidence is completely shot, he isn't playing in his preferred role and we don't offer enough or the right support for a striker of his ilk to score.

However, I am willing to wait a few more games yet for the new team to settle but I hope megson can get his team to offer the right service to his strikers to be able to score. Obviously though, we need competition in these positions, it's just a case of who is available and who we can afford...

Exactly, we are not exactly the greatest draw for a decent striker to come and play for us are we!? As far as I see it, we have a good one in Elmander, but his confidence is completely shot, he isn't playing in his preferred role and we don't offer enough or the right support for a striker of his ilk to score.

However, I am willing to wait a few more games yet for the new team to settle but I hope megson can get his team to offer the right service to his strikers to be able to score. Obviously though, we need competition in these positions, it's just a case of who is available and who we can afford...

I've consistently said i think Elmander has quality and would score if we played to his strengths my point was the boards reaction to this interview in which Gary seems to be pinning his hopes of getting more striking options in on the board when he has spent our record transfer fee on a player who has all the issues noted by you - ie take responsibilty gary

• Moderators
if i was eddie davies, id be saying "right gary, who do you want and how much will it cost?" :rofl:

And I thought you were dead! Keep taking those drugs man, Gonzo!!

otis, my good man

if your next 10 posts confirm the promise of your first ten, you'll be saying goodbye

take note

otis, my good man

if your next 10 posts confirm the promise of your first ten, you'll be saying goodbye

take note

Fuck it, I'm not even waiting that long. He's going.

I'm also closing this shite too.