Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Andriy Shevchenko

Gaz Nt

Bit of name dropping here. I've met him and he's a proper nice bloke.

Not worth a punt though.

He is sorted. Had abit of a chat with him once after a game and he signed my Ukraine shirt.

Id take him any day of the week if the wages were lower but cant see it happening.

Guest Frandsen08

werever he goes he's going to have to take a wage drop, but not as significant if he came to us.

maybe on loan

Surely this post was said in jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why all the serious replies :D

Why not? We used to have quite a decent reputation for taking famous players who were past their best and giving them a last runout :nea:

You never know, he might love it up North :D

Being honest, If Big Sam was still in charge, maybe it could be possible. But as we have a manager who only signs average english players... Naaa

Bollocks, it doesn't matter who is in charge, there would be no chance of him coming here

Being honest, If Big Sam was still in charge, maybe it could be possible. But as we have a manager who only signs average english players... Naaa

So do you think Mr. Allardyce would have the key to a secret stash to pay Mr. Shevchenko then but no other manager?

I think if we offered to pay 30% of his salary - with Chelsea still paying the rest - we might have a chance on the financial front.

With regards to him considering a loan move to Bolton..... I really don't know. We've a Ukey club on Castle Street - which we could use to lure him.

If I was him, I'd be wanting a contract that stated he was guaranteed 1st team football - starting XI, etc. No point him moving if not.

Personally, if he's up for grabs, I'd expect someone like West Ham making a move before us.

a) because he won't have to move

B) they have only one striker fit

c) they can afford to pay him more

d) they'll still be playing Premiership football next season

Edited by Smiley

I think if we offered to pay 30% of his salary - with Chelsea still paying the rest - we might have a chance on the financial front.

With regards to him considering a loan move to Bolton..... I really don't know. We've a Ukey club on Castle Street - which we could use to lure him.

If I was him, I'd be wanting a contract that stated he was guaranteed 1st team football - starting XI, etc. No point him moving if not.

Personally, if he's up for grabs, I'd expect someone like West Ham making a move before us.

a) because he won't have to move

B) they have only one striker fit

c) they can afford to pay him more

d) they'll still be playing Premiership football next season

Have Chelsea got the money to pay salaries for players who aren't theirs?

Sorry mixed up with a diffent soviet.

Edited by boltondiver

Well he found the cash to pay Anelka?

But not what Shevchenko is on

I mean if thats the case the go back to Chelsea offer 20 million for Anelka and 100 grand a week, Do you think

A. Chelsea will sell

B. Anelka would come

or I saw the other day that you could have Rob Earnshaw for 3.5 million worth a punt

Have Chelsea got the money to pay salaries for players who aren't theirs?

Sorry mixed up with a diffent soviet.

I meant on loan. A few loan deals work like that were the main club still pay the lion's share of the salary.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.