Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Squad

gregbwfc

Looks very much like a squad for people to try and prove themselves. Mainly the 15 in bold below.

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Manchester United), Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Manchester City), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Huddlestone, Jermaine Jenas (both Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa).

Strikers: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe (both Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Let's hope the lad takes his chance and comes back to us in form.

looking at that squad, I still don't reckon he will get a game, as Terry will definitely play and I would imagine he will be partnered by either Upson or Lescott which ever of those two doesn't start the game, will no doubt replace the other at half time. Under current form, I think Cahill can count himself very lucky to be included in the squad

Its a strange squad if you ask me! Foster, Cahill, Bridge, Lescott, Johnson and Bent are all in their worst form of the season and they get a call up :rofl:

Johnson, Bridge, Brown, Milner and Rooney will probably pull out imo due to recent injuries or "a knock they picked up in training". There will possibly be a few more too.

It's only a few hours away & hardly a long haul destination. If that knackers him I'd be annoyed.

6+ hours is hardly a few hours away is it?

That said distance should be a factor whether Gary gets a game, on form he doesn't deserve a game and nor will he get one with Terry, Upson and Lescott ahead of him

6+ hours is hardly a few hours away is it?

That said distance should be a factor whether Gary gets a game, on form he doesn't deserve a game and nor will he get one with Terry, Upson and Lescott ahead of him

It depends if you're used to flying. I'd hope he was & he's hardly going to have to wipe his own arse over there. It's not long haul.

Doesn't - "their worst form of the season" not mean out of form? :pardon:

No not really. Darren bent in the last two games has not scored and has missed a penalty and some good chances. That makes it his worst form of the season compared to earlier in the season. I said it like that because when he was scoring every game earlier in season he couldnt get in, now hes had two bad games back to back and he does get in :pardon: Seems daft to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.