Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coming To An End At Bwfc

Scrappy Doo

Taylor did a good job organising the defence during free kick and corners. Three times he told Zak Knight to get off the line and mark Nugent or Paterson. I think he will have to play 2nd fiddle to Wiess now.

Our play to Davis is predictable all throw ins go his way (from our own half) its predictable.

Chungy has obviously been told to pick out Klasnic ( which he does) but needs to hold the ball longer to draw the defence (which he dosnt)

• Site Supporter

Taylor did a good job organising the defence during free kick and corners. Three times he told Zak Knight to get off the line and mark Nugent or Paterson. I think he will have to play 2nd fiddle to Wiess now.

Our play to Davis is predictable all throw ins go his way (from our own half) its predictable.

Chungy has obviously been told to pick out Klasnic ( which he does) but needs to hold the ball longer to draw the defence (which he dosnt)

cant agree with that, totally different type of player.

id be VERY suprised if CYL and wiess start in the same team in a 442.

Even when not palying well, Taylor does have something to offer in the quality of ball he can play into the box but his attitude at being replaced / dropped is aggressive - is this a bad thing though?

It'll be interesting to hear some more meat-on-the-bones from Scrappy Doo (at least Taylor went to sit on the bench rather than Klasnic!!)

Davies is having a stinker of a season but are we being unfair and expecting him to repeat last seasons great goal return?

He still does a great battling job and unsettling defenders but his couple of efforts on goal last night were piss poor. His attempted chip in the first half was an embarrassment in both aim and power.

Will Coyle drop them both permanently? I doubt it, at least until his rebuilding starts in the summer.

Even when not palying well, Taylor does have something to offer in the quality of ball he can play into the box but his attitude at being replaced / dropped is aggressive - is this a bad thing though?

It'll be interesting to hear some more meat-on-the-bones from Scrappy Doo (at least Taylor went to sit on the bench rather than Klasnic!!)

Davies is having a stinker of a season but are we being unfair and expecting him to repeat last seasons great goal return?

He still does a great battling job and unsettling defenders but his couple of efforts on goal last night were piss poor. His attempted chip in the first half was an embarrassment in both aim and power.

Will Coyle drop them both permanently? I doubt it, at least until his rebuilding starts in the summer.

Klasnic was injured and was told to go down the tunnel for treatment. How much of the game he had been carrying the injury, I have no idea but it was one of his poorer performances.

Klasnic was injured and was told to go down the tunnel for treatment. How much of the game he had been carrying the injury, I have no idea but it was one of his poorer performances.

Maybe its his general lack of movement in parts of most games, as I missed the injury he had.

Talking of Matty Taylor, WTF was his beef with Ricketts in the first half? he had a go at him a couple of times, even when the ball was still in play, very unprofessional in my eyes.

If there is a row going on internally then Coyle needs to get it sorted out. IMO

Taylor is just a big whinge-bag he's constantly moaning and shouting at his team mates, i think they must filter it out most of the time.

Talking of Matty Taylor, WTF was his beef with Ricketts in the first half? he had a go at him a couple of times, even when the ball was still in play, very unprofessional in my eyes.

If there is a row going on internally then Coyle needs to get it sorted out. IMO

Taylor was getting in Ricketts' way far too often by backing off deeper and deeper, Taylor needs to stop getting at other players and do his own job the fucking carthorse. Ricketts bombed past him overlapping a few times and most of the time Taylors pass to him was shit.

He wasn't mobile enough in the first half and I noticed after about 1 minute into the 2nd half he pulled up and started to limp a bit, the bench saw it and off he went a minute later.

He has been doing that week in week out and it looks more than just passion for me, IMO he could do with being dropped for a week or two to see if it improves his attitude.

• Site Supporter

It was a hamstring injury from what I saw, it happened quite early on in the match but he didn't say anything.

How do you know these things? I go to a match to watch a big game of football on a big grass rectangle. I don't follow a single player in the hope I'll see him whince as he feels the back of his thigh!

Klasnic looked to be hobbling as he went off. Taylor put in one good corner but for the most part was rubbish. The chance Gardner had in the second half, Taylor wouldn't have made that in a million years, due to the fact he can't run. One great corner though, and therein lies the problem, do you keep him in purely for set-pieces? I hope Coyle says no. And whoever told SKD he was a creative midfielder wants a slap. Yes, the pass for the goal was brilliant, but five or six times he gave it away when he was trying to nutmeg an opponent or have an extra touch. Just lay it off and get in the box, you tool

Guest Frandsen08

i'd have to say im not a fan of taylor for the starting XI anymore. his dead balls used to be brilliant as did his crossing but even them are starting to slip now. he doesnt seem to be able to get his head up when passing or clearing a ball, and last night even his short passing was poor.

ricketts bust a gut to get down the flank on the overlap, taylor saw him and he had a simple ball to make and he gave him a hospital pass! he probably used to be a certainty for a starting place but now theres, lee,weiss,gardner (if he can stay fit) all ahead of him IMO.

Maybe he's more suited to a central role im not sure, and maybe a few games dropped will kick him up the arse

id be VERY suprised if CYL and wiess start in the same team in a 442.

I think you may well be surprised on more than one occassion from now till the end of the season then Jay. My reasoning here is based on 3 things.

1] Coyle said in a recent interview he likes to play with proper wingers

2] Chung Yung Lee is currently our best footballer in the side and should not be dropped

3] Vladimir Weiss will very soon be an undroppable Bolton Wanderers Legend... he's awesome!

• Site Supporter

I think you may well be surprised on more than one occassion from now till the end of the season then Jay. My reasoning here is based on 3 things.

1] Coyle said in a recent interview he likes to play with proper wingers

2] Chung Yung Lee is currently our best footballer in the side and should not be dropped

3] Vladimir Weiss will very soon be an undroppable Bolton Wanderers Legend... he's awesome!

thats fair enough, but would you have jack wilshere in centre mid also.

fuck me, every game would be 5-5!

thats fair enough, but would you have jack wilshere in centre mid also.

fuck me, every game would be 5-5!

Yeah I take your point but sometimes you just have to pick your best players. The ones that can keep possession and better still do something useful with it. Wish we had a couple of creative strong tackling central midfielders but alas they cost a fortune. Maybe Mark Davies could emerge as the answer... had a good 45 at the Emirates?

Perhaps we have gotta stop thinking like Gary Megson now... whilst ignoring what happened under Sammy Lee too ;)

• Site Supporter

Yeah I take your point but sometimes you just have to pick your best players. The ones that can keep possession and better still do something useful with it. Wish we had a couple of creative strong tackling central midfielders but alas they cost a fortune. Maybe Mark Davies could emerge as the answer... had a good 45 at the Emirates?

Perhaps we have gotta stop thinking like Gary Megson now... whilst ignoring what happened under Sammy Lee too wink.gif

i do like m davies, he's got bags of natural ability. just not convinced he contributes enough in 90 mins.

any way fuck this defending lark, ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK

• Site Supporter

I thought Taylor played better last night than he has done in a while, he needs to get his confidence back...

Honestly? Describe this Taylor bloke to me . . . Yellowish palour to his skin?; Straight dark coloured hair?; wears a big number 27 on his back? :rolleyes2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.