Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

10 hours ago, green genie said:

Agreed and I'd add The Omen,  but it's the evil that man can do films rather than supernatural I find unsettling. 

Talking of which surprised Salo not on your original list.

Salo was never banned as a video nasty, it was banned shortly after its initial release in 1975, the video nasty thing didn't start to til the early 80s. Took them 25-ish years to get it released, surprisingly uncut!!! (I've seen it and got it on DVD and it's one hell of a sick movie, De Sade's book is far worse though) 

It was a similar thing with The Exorcist, it was banned not long after its initial 1973 release and took nearly 30 years to be released again, uncut as well. 

A Clockwork Orange was slightly different as it was withdrawn by director Stanley Kubrick due to the fear of copycat violence, but was re-released on the proviso it was done after his death. 

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've never found the Exorcist scary, even as a kid, but body horror films scare me witless. The Fly or even American Werewolf in London.

Body horror is one of those genres thst is genuinely scary, even from the tamer end, films such as Invasion Of The Body Snatchers and Rosemary's Baby. 

THE KING of body horror films has to be David Cronenberg, his early films such as Rabid, The Brood, Scanners and The Fly are still pretty chilling even now.

Not that many notable body horror films recently, but the one I really liked, everybody else seems to hate and that's the first Human Centipede (The sequels were borderline shite though) 

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

The bit where she goes backwards upside down, down the stairs has stuck with me forever. Freaky bitch. 

That particular Spider Walk has had a bit of a chequered past. Think it was included in some early cuts of the movie, then taken out when first commercially released and finally electronically tarted up and restored in 'The Version You Haven't Seen' in the early 2000s

17 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Body horror is one of those genres thst is genuinely scary, even from the tamer end, films such as Invasion Of The Body Snatchers and Rosemary's Baby. 

THE KING of body horror films has to be David Cronenberg, his early films such as Rabid, The Brood, Scanners and The Fly are still pretty chilling even now.

Not that many notable body horror films recently, but the one I really liked, everybody else seems to hate and that's the first Human Centipede (The sequels were borderline shite though) 

Not sure I could watch that. The Thing as well with Kurt Russell still gives me the creeps today. There's just something about transformation that is seriously unpleasant.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

That particular Spider Walk has had a bit of a chequered past. Think it was included in some early cuts of the movie, then taken out when first commercially released and finally electronically tarted up and restored in 'The Version You Haven't Seen' in the early 2000s

I bet you’ve not noticed the pandemic.

You’ve seen a LOT of films.

• Members
2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

The bit where she goes backwards upside down, down the stairs has stuck with me forever. Freaky bitch. 

It’s fucker up. 24 years later can I can still see the demon flash up when the priest is running 

Linda Blair’s face 

Her voice 

Fuck that film 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s fucker up. 24 years later can I can still see the demon flash up when the priest is running 

Linda Blair’s face 

Her voice 

Fuck that film 

Never seen the exorcist. Has it aged well?

58 minutes ago, Spider said:

I bet you’ve not noticed the pandemic.

You’ve seen a LOT of films.

Well over the years I've seen loads, probably a thousand I'd say, everything from sloppy romances to full on horror flicks. 

The pandemic is the reason why I'm catching up on films  mainly ones I haven't seen for years. 

The three most significant films for me are King Kong (1933) as that began my love of stop animation films (Willis O'Brien, Ray Harryhausen etc) Rebel Without A Cause which I saw as a surly teenager and made a massive impact on me and Bad Lieutenant (1992) which opened up my interest in cult underground films

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

If Charlie's Anals 4 is an artistic movie... 

The first 3 suffered from poor editing, which given the subject matter really isn’t good enough.

The 4th instalment was a huge improvement not least in terms of lighting, plot management, editing and cinematography.

Plus, each one of the angels seemed capable of ingesting kilos of frantically delivered meat via their soilstacks without batting an eyelid.

I assume that’s why it’s one of your faves?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

I challange you to sit through the infamous 2 Girls 1 Cup video WITHOUT barfing. Worse thing is this is only 1 of a 60 minute film, god knows what the other 59 are like!!! 

It’s chocolate mousse. Fact.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

The first 3 suffered from poor editing, which given the subject matter really isn’t good enough.

The 4th instalment was a huge improvement not least in terms of lighting, plot management, editing and cinematography.

Plus, each one of the angels seemed capable of ingesting kilos of frantically delivered meat via their soilstacks without batting an eyelid.

I assume that’s why it’s one of your faves?

I've got a long list of favourites. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

Actually I wouldn't say films I'd say more search favourites 

There are some very niche categories on certain sites. Really specific stuff.

Those glassy eyed girls do bumstuff so you don’t have to.