Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Davies In England Squad

Zico

if he scores 3 it'll prove nowt

we strolled through the last qualifiers and were then exposed

anyway, i hope he gets a cap, i really do, but its not the way we should be going to win a competition

Ha ha, no chance we'll win anything in the forseeable. Most over rated national side around.

• Moderators

Totally over the moon about SKD's call up. Hopefully he'll at least help the squad get a bit more motivated.

Serious question. Would you rather have Davies or Torres in our squad. I know who I'd pick.....!

Torres

Totally over the moon about SKD's call up. Hopefully he'll at least help the squad get a bit more motivated.

Serious question. Would you rather have Davies or Torres in our squad. I know who I'd pick.....!

Torres, every time

Do you think Davies would have come off on Sunday because he felt a twinge in his groin?

Unfortunately Torres' attitude at the moment is a complete disgrace. He's part of the reason why Liverpool are where they are and he's clearly got no interest at all in helping them get out of the relegation zone. In fact I suspect he might want them to stay there so that he can use that as his reason to leave in January.

Do you think Davies would have come off on Sunday because he felt a twinge in his groin?

Unfortunately Torres' attitude at the moment is a complete disgrace. He's part of the reason why Liverpool are where they are and he's clearly got no interest at all in helping them get out of the relegation zone. In fact I suspect he might want them to stay there so that he can use that as his reason to leave in January.

Heres hoping so. Absolutely loving them struggling. Cant stand them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9062184.stm

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has tipped Kevin Davies to prove himself more than just a stop-gap following the striker's England call-up to face Montenegro....

....Davies might not have the finest goalscoring record, but he created 81 scoring chances last season, the highest number by any striker in the Premier League.

Edited by jayjayoghani

• Site Supporter
....Davies might not have the finest goalscoring record, but he created 81 scoring chances last season, the highest number by any striker in the Premier League.

cracking stat is that.

i'd love to see the list of other players, and what consitutes a scoring chance.

cracking stat is that.

i'd love to see the list of other players, and what consitutes a scoring chance.

Have to agree with that, thats impressive.

Although im thinking a goal scoring chance could be created by KD kicking the defender in the head, alowing the ball to run through for A N OTHER !!!

cracking stat is that.

of the 81 chances he created, I wonder how many we actuallt scored. What do we reckon? - 10 maybe?

• Moderators

really?

what a bellend

• Site Supporter
Last season, Torres started just 20 league games. He also started just 20 in 2008/09. And though he started a respectable 29 in his first season in the Premier League, 2007/08,

the final line is that his overall record in England is 23 starts per league campaign and he misses one game for every two played.

poor, piss poor

Edited by HomerJay

• Site Supporter

We'll start with Rooney & Crouch. And if those two aren't cutting it, we'll throw on Bent.

FACT.

should rooney be anywhere near england at the min?

been shite for months, now we know why.

surely he needs taking out of the limelight?

bent is 1st choice for me, then obvioulsy crouch is ahead of davies.

Edited by HomerJay

We'll start with Rooney & Crouch. And if those two aren't cutting it, we'll throw on Bent.

FACT.

I agree with you there, I don't see when or why Davies will get on. I hope he does, but I don't really see it

• Site Supporter

dunno if this has been posted?

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/9061209.stm

we always think he lacks goals, but its not terrible. one bad season in there by his standards?

season---apps goals

2003?04--43---10

2004?05--41---09

2005?06--47---08

2006?07--33---09

2007?08--41---04

2008?09--40---12

2009?10--40---11

2010?11--08---02

Edited by HomerJay

• Site Supporter

A goal in every 4.5 games, is not great.

But its not really his ability that is questioned.

i know, i know.

but whilst were on the subject, just for comparison.

davies 600 games 120 goals (of which are lower league 148 games 29 goals and as a winger)

heskey 648 games 147 goals

crouch 406 games 132 goals

zamora 410 games 158 goals (of which are lower league 136 games 83 goals)

bent 347 games 149 goals

defoe 400 games 169 goals

rooney 364 games 149 goals

Edited by HomerJay

i know, i know.

but whilst were on the subject, just for comparison.

davies 600 games 120 goals (of which are lower league 148 games 29 goals and as a winger)

heskey 648 games 147 goals

crouch 406 games 132 goals

zamora 410 games 158 goals (of which are lower league 136 games 83 goals)

bent 347 games 149 goals

defoe 400 games 169 goals

rooney 364 games 149 goals

Game's per goal.

KD - 5.00

Heskey - 4.41

Crouch - 3.08

Zamora - 2.59

bent - 2.33

Defoe - 2.37

Rooney - 2.44

• Site Supporter

Game's per goal.

KD - 5.00

Heskey - 4.41

Crouch - 3.08

Zamora - 2.59

bent - 2.33

Defoe - 2.37

Rooney - 2.44

as stated elsewhere, SKD is top of the charts in creativity, tis a shame we dont have those figures.

• Site Supporter

I would have Davies over Heskey, every day of the week, BUT not Zamora or Crouch.

i think crouch can be superb on his day, but he's inconsistant

heskey has all the attributes and none of the belief, could have been so much more.

zamora is shite imo.

i think crouch can be superb on his day, but he's inconsistant

heskey has all the attributes and none of the belief, could have been so much more.

zamora is shite imo.

Zamora is one of the players in the same bracket as Davies, loved by his Club fans who think he is better that what he actually is.

If Davies played for Blackburn now and got called up, people on here would be going crazy !

Zamora is one of the players in the same bracket as Davies, loved by his Club fans who think he is better that what he actually is.

If Davies played for Blackburn now and got called up, people on here would be going crazy !

Pablo,

Would you be happier if SKD signed for Liverpool or Everton?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.