Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Needs A Slap.....

bolty58

• Members

No not at all, infact I've been quite open in my criticism of British involvement in the war in iraq ;)

Oh, the British Army have been planting IED roadside bombs over there have they? In rubbish bins in pedestrian malls perhaps? How about on coaches proceeding along the Iraqi equivalent of the M62? Interesting to see if you are equally as critical of US involvement in Iraq? Think about those odious Noraid bast@rds before you answer that one.

You are clearly an IRA supporter. The answer you gave there is as good as admitting it.

What's your view on the loan Britain is currently making to Eire to help it out of financial strife? I suppose you'd be one of those who wouldn't touch dirty British money? Rather suffer poverty or famine? Oh fcuk, I used the 'f' word again.

Edited by bolty58

Yes i am aware of the particular court case and still to this day I cannot for the life of me see how it is in anyway sectarian, it's blatant nonsense. On the other side of the coin, I find it equally laughable that people claim the term 'fenian' to be sectarian.

Excellent.

Now we've now established you're as much of a 'bigot' (your word not mine) as the rest of us, you can come down from the moral high ground and stand on the common ground with the rest of us.

Oh, the British Army have been planting IED roadside bombs over there have they? In rubbish bins in pedestrian malls perhaps? How about on coaches proceeding along the Iraqi equivalent of the M62? Interesting to see if you are equally as critical of US involvement in Iraq? Think about those odious Noraid bast@rds before you answer that one.

You are clearly an IRA supporter. The answer you gave there is as good as admitting it.

What's your view on the loan Britain is currently making to Eire to help it out of financial strife? I suppose you'd be one of those who wouldn't touch dirty British money? Rather suffer poverty or famine? Oh fcuk, I used the 'f' word again.

No, I think they used other equally as brutal tactics just on a much much larger scale: " I've shot 4-5 Iraqis and one of them were quite young, about 14-15 ... I felt bad at the time, but I'm OK now." (Corporal Russ Aston)

The list of civilian casualties in Basra at the hands of British army is virtually endless; Bombings, point blank shootings of the unarmed, torture/abuse, wounded civilians being left to die and the Royal Military Police just get the well used sweeping brush out again. Yes I'm equally, if not more so critical of the USA but it's not the USA which you choose to blindly support.

How have you figured that i am an IRA supporter from what I've said? Again an attempt to put words in my mouth.

I think it's a crying shame what the politicians have done in Ireland, another example of politicians and bankers playing massive gambles with the peoples money, regardless of where the bailout money comes from, it's a disgrace that the fatcats have got the situation to where it is. It's becoming an all to familiar scene across Europe. It's not just the British ruling classes that I would like to take issue with. Dirty British money? I've not heard anyone use that phrase to be honest, maybe it's another case you putting words in mouths again.

If you don't like it, why don't you fuck off to Irelend?

Smiffs, there are some people on here who have more than enough intelligence to enable them to debate, regardless if i agree with them or not. You on the other hand are thick as pig shit. Why are you telling me to fuck off to another country? Because I'm questioning the british army's involvement/tactics in a war which many consider to be illegal in the first place? Can we not question our govt or our military?

• Site Supporter

No, I think they used other equally as brutal tactics just on a much much larger scale: " I've shot 4-5 Iraqis and one of them were quite young, about 14-15 ... I felt bad at the time, but I'm OK now." (Corporal Russ Aston)

Were you there when this happened? Was the 14-15 year old wearing a school uniform and carrying his books to school? Was he maybe dressed the same way as everyone else and carrying a kalashnikov?

I'm fairly sure that Her Majesty's Armed Forces wouldn't kill a teenager knowingly unless that teenager became a threat to them.

Were you there when this happened? Was the 14-15 year old wearing a school uniform and carrying his books to school? Was he maybe dressed the same way as everyone else and carrying a kalashnikov?

I'm fairly sure that Her Majesty's Armed Forces wouldn't kill a teenager knowingly unless that teenager became a threat to them.

I was thinking that too. I suppose Tim has a vast knowledge of the armed forces and their tactics though, to be fair.

• Site Supporter

I was thinking that too. I suppose Tim has a vast knowledge of the armed forces and their tactics though, to be fair.

Vast is such a small word to describe Tim's encyclopedic knowledge of just about fuck all!

Do you really believe that? What gives you such confidence?

• Site Supporter

I know one or two lads who have served in both Iraq and Afganistan and they say the worst part is not being able to tell the difference between a kid and an adult but if they're old enough for their fathers to give them guns then they're adults.

I'm failing to see what's brutal about that, there just isn't enough context, unless you are particularly blinkered and have already made your mind up.

Nothing brutal about people being shot? The civilian death toll in Iraq is very high indeed u know

• Moderators

Probably. A mate of mine lived in New York for a while and he tells of the wild celebrations in the Catholic bars each time an IRA bomb went off in the UK.

Before I'm accused of being anti-Irish, my grandfather came from Dublin. I'm just prejudiced against murdering bastards.

how ironic/not true (can't decide which)

bunch of p?ss up m?cks living in another country celebrating bombs laid with the intent of saying "get out of our country"

as for the 2nd bit "I'm just prejudiced against murdering bastards" - that doesn't leave you with many countries left not to like, one way or another

So are you now saying our armed forces are killing teens because they can & with malice?

I'm not saying that, I am not in a position to judge such cases nor are you! What I am saying though is that certain cases should be investigated fully by the RMP, however I am fully aware that this will never happen. There is a case of an 8 year old girl (unarmed, before some of you start) who was shot dead in Iraq, cases such as this should be fully investigated and people should be held fully accountable if needed!

I'm not saying that, I am not in a position to judge such cases nor are you! What I am saying though is that certain cases should be investigated fully by the RMP,

You added the quote, yet you have no idea of the circumstances of the 14-15 year old's death? Ok.

• Moderators

Why would a British citizen support Ireland over their home country? Odd that. Unless, perhaps it's the 'ruling classes' that are running the English Football Team.

a lot do it based on their parents background

not just the irish, known a brummie lad who considered himself french

nothing wrong with that mind, guess it's how your parents bring you up, not just citizenship

I suspect Bolty58 would sooner have his lad support England than Australia (this is presuming he was born out there, either or, I suspect he's been there most his life?)

You added the quote, yet you have no idea of the circumstances of the 14-15 year old's death? Ok.

I added the quote to show the natural brutality of war, the part of the quote which had the biggest impact on me was ''I felt bad at the time but i'm ok now'' We get so caught up in this country with x-factor singles for the soldiers and the like, it's easy to lose sight on what the reality of what war is actually about

• Moderators

Nothing brutal about people being shot? The civilian death toll in Iraq is very high indeed u know

People being shot is obviously brutal, it's a bit sad that we have to clarify that, maybe this is going over your head. You are claiming this particular quote refers to civilians, it doesn't. Have a think about it. They could well be Ba'ath Party or Taliban activists defending a stronghold, Shi'ite gunmen attacking a base or some just warlord's hired guns, you give no date or location of the alleged killings. You even cut the quote short to suit your own ends, the bloke could well have been suffering PTSD. No context, no evidence, in short - bullshit.

The civilian death toll in Iraq may be high but this has nothing to do with your previous posts, thanks for educating me on that though.

I added the quote to show the natural brutality of war, the part of the quote which had the biggest impact on me was ''I felt bad at the time but i'm ok now'' We get so caught up in this country with x-factor singles for the soldiers and the like, it's easy to lose sight on what the reality of what war is actually about

I suspect you didn't and you added it to make the soldiers look like c?nts but seeing as you have no context to it, you're now back tracking. War is brutal by definition.

P.S. I don't watch X Factor.