Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkway

Good number of Bolton fans outside Scotts, 200+, didn't see anything happen of note, few minor scuffles, Blackpool didn't seem to show. Apparently went off in Chorley, flares set off on train. Got train from there at 1, nothing happening then either. Probably all keyboard warriors as per.

That was Millwall and Blackpool pal

(Seen it now already on,d'oh)

Edited by M G WHITES

Why?

we know better fella...

maybe DidledeeBwfc should have gone to blackpool boxing day 1985.

then he would understand.

hammers, knives, scaffold poles, all on show that day.

all carried by bolton :rofl:

Edited by Northy

It's in Blackpool Gazette today about it ..they love to stir the muck more here

VIOLENCE after the game marred Blackpool FC's game at Bolton on Saturday. Trouble flared at Bolton Train Station with fans reporting sporadic outbursts of violence between the home supporters and the visitors, who were waiting for trains back to the resort after the 2-2 draw.

1pixel_spacer.gifStadium during the game, but said the afternoon passed off otherwise peacefully.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "There were three arrests during the match, two of which were Bolton fans and the other a Blackpool fan.

"We ejected nine fans from the ground ? six fans from Blackpool and three from Bolton.

"There were no incidents of significance."

Tensions have been rife between the two teams since back 1974 when 17-year-old Blackpool fan Kevin Olsson was stabbed to death on the Spion Kop at Bloomfield Road during a game against the Trotters.

• Site Supporter

Tensions have been rife between the two teams since back 1974 when 17-year-old Blackpool fan Kevin Olsson was stabbed to death on the Spion Kop at Bloomfield Road during a game against the Trotters.

Well my tension has certainly not been rife for 36 years. Safe to say, I've not spent 34 years thinking about Kevin Olsson, BFC or anything else to do with their tangerine army.

Piss poor journalism.

In 1989, police twice had to clear the pitch of Pool fans during a game against Bolton, and the Bolton hire coach was attacked.

Unless it was a different game, I honestly don't remember that even for the bank holiday game. I definatly remember 200 of us on there at the end of the northern final though.

After the game on Saturday, fans writing on fan site AVFTT reported outbreaks of violence around the ground following the final whistle.

GeneKelly posted: "Anyone else see that group of about 50 picking up bricks after the game and trying to attack the Pool fans on their way to the train?"

basilrobbiereborn reported seeing: "A ruck outside the railway station which I could hear but not see."

TangerinePepper added: "Didn't really think anything had happened after the match except when we were on our way back in the car. Saw a few Bolton lads running off with the Blackpool fans closely chasing them, a few punches were thrown at the Pool fans but Pool seemed to hit them back twice as hard, the police stopped it and handled it very well."

Its a piss poor day when the papers start quoting messageboards.

Piss poor journalism.

Unless it was a different game, I honestly don't remember that even for the bank holiday game. I definatly remember 200 of us on there at the end of the northern final though.

Pathetic..isn't it :angry:

That's shit-stirring journalism at its worst. I notice they've ignored the countless posts on AVFTT about the great atmosphere at the game and the banter between the two sets of supporters before and after, not to mention supporters of both teams sharing cabs to the ground when their train from Manchester broke down. Really piss poor.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The source is shite and pathetic and very unreliable.

They could copy this if they want.

Bolton fans dressing in Cromwell style suits took on the Blackpool fans dressed as satsumas on horse back.

Pathetic.

Biff's has been rife since 1953 when they cheated us out of the FA Cup

Nah, it was Bill Ridding who lost us the Cup Final. He reorganised the team so that an injured player was marking Matthews.

Edited by Biff

• Site Supporter

Bolton fans dressing in Cromwell style suits took on the Blackpool fans dressed as satsumas on horse back.

I saw them. I wondered what was going on at first. Maybe the fancy dress shop had run out of tangerine costumes and they had to make do with the satsumas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.