Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters?

DC08WFC

I was embarrassed by todays performance & result, but even more ashamed of some of our so called 'supporters' behaviour inside & outside of the ground. As touched on by others.

I was sat in Block 133 near to the back, just under the Club Wembley seats where quite a few Stoke fans were sat.

The lad who tried to climb up into the middle tier but was dropped on his head by his mate. :yahoo:

The 2 men sat opposite the dugout who thought it'd be a good idea to have a fight amongst themselves.

The man who punched half a dozen people in the same block with about 10 minutes to go.

The many fighting amongst themselves outside the ground after the game.

Those throwing bottles at coaches/people.

On the way back our coach driver got a message on his radio from another driver (same firm) saying it had all kicked off at Oxford with Bolton fans too.

I know these problems aren't exclusive to Bolton, all teams have their knobheads, but it's the same at every single away game. They have no regard for families, elderly people & people who just want to watch the game without feeling intimidated.

I wish they'd stop watching Football Factory & piss off somewhere else.

i think every set of fans in the country would be the same, while watching that yesterday. Dont underestimate what that can do to a supporter!

Spot on. Lots of people will of done and said things totally out the ordinary yesterday. It knocks you for 6 being embarrassrd like that. A few people will be regretting it this morning imo.

i think every set of fans in the country would be the same, while watching that yesterday. Dont underestimate what that can do to a supporter!

It happens every week though.

Some went yesterday to get hammered then have a fight. They'd of been better off getting a coach to Stoke & watching it in a pub there, same result.

It happens every week though.

Some went yesterday to get hammered then have a fight. They'd of been better off getting a coach to Stoke & watching it in a pub there, same result.

I thought that was the idea of an away day

for every moron from bolton there were 10 from stoke.

i took my lad down yesterday (8 yrs old) and hes not daft, im sure he knows every swear word in the book but i was wincing at some of the behaviour of stokies at the services on the way down.

as for our lot, it was just the retarded brigade as usual causing all the trouble. i would bet the in-fighting was caused by someone telling a beered up nob to pipe down and getting a belt for their troubles.

my old ma and pa are in their late 70`s and wouldnt even contemplate a journey down with the travel club after the last time when the old boy had his hair ruffled by some asswipe so drunk he could barely stand up.

but are ours any worse than elsewhere? no

Just watch the boo boys kick in on Sunday against arsenal the first time someone misplaces a pass or doesnt control a chest high pass. I sense trouble. People have obviously got a right to vent after yesterday but I don't want the season to fade away because the players are getting booed on Sunday or indeed for the rest of the season. There are some knobs who sit near me who shout the same things every week. If you are going to shout things at least have a clue about the game in general

• Site Supporter

Just watch the boo boys kick in on Sunday against arsenal the first time someone misplaces a pass or doesnt control a chest high pass. I sense trouble. People have obviously got a right to vent after yesterday but I don't want the season to fade away because the players are getting booed on Sunday or indeed for the rest of the season. There are some knobs who sit near me who shout the same things every week. If you are going to shout things at least have a clue about the game in general

i dont think it wil thank fuck, as the majority are mesmerized by coyles charm anyway (which is actally a good thing)

the games over now, let just get on with it, and try and finish has high as possible.

i dont think it wil thank fuck, as the majority are mesmerized by coyles charm anyway (which is actally a good thing)

the games over now, let just get on with it, and try and finish has high as possible.

well I wont be goin back

i hope this don t happen, yes they were shit yesterday and yes it was embarrasing , but we have had plenty of highs this season, lets finish strong and build on it next season

Sorry if this makes a bad supporter but I don't even want to go again this season. Probably will, I need to set a good example to my 12 year old. Life can be be a bastard and I suppose you have to deal with it and get over it. But 5 nil in a semi final, against Stoke! That takes some getting over.

y`know what, the mist is beginning to clear now for me.

i feel actually worse right now than I did when I leapt out of my seat when number 4 went in but I`m feeling kind of galvanised now after reading through various posts.

we`re all in it together, its our team. i suppose as a player you would feel absolutely humiliated after that, who wants that on their CV?

you can super analyse it to death but you need a sequence of unfortunate events for a result like that.

i mean take the first goal, you need robbo to try and pass his way out of central defence which he never normally does from there, then you need etherington to make that split second decision to swing a boot at it, then it has to go right in the corner to beat jussi. all that in a heartbeat and its 1-0 everyone shits their pants and it rapidly goes downhill.

im gutted, absolutely gutted but at least we were there

COYWM

On a positive note, well done to those Asian lads who travelled down to support the team, we need more of your suppoert.

Saw an Asian family outside Wembley yesterday. Mum in a bright pink sari. Dad and lads in BWFC shirts. Made me proud to be a Wanderer.

Well done to those two Korean supporters for turning out as well.

Spot on. Lots of people will of done and said things totally out the ordinary yesterday. It knocks you for 6 being embarrassrd like that. A few people will be regretting it this morning imo.

Not sure it was anything to do with being embarrassed, more to do with not being able to take their drink. Trying to pick fights with other supporters when the team is getting hammered is not clever.

Not that it's any consolation but their lot sound just as bad: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=158301

I was in block 133 and there was a fair few knobheads in there. Was quality though when that lad threw that pie at the stokie! Shut the cunt up for a while!

Had a massive ding dong with a wanderer on the way out of the ground and it ruined my day! Never for white on white but he was a pissed up idiot spouting tosh. Never seen so many fans that pissed off and let down, horrible atmosphere.

The only trouble I saw was at a service station just ouside London, a Stoke lad who was bottled and took a very nasty cut to his head by a Bolton fan. The stoke lad was ballooning however didn't deserve what he got for his troubles. It was Bolton lads who carried his first aid, and phoned for the emergency services. Police boarded every coach checking fans hands for blood to try and search out the culpit. We stopped at the same service station on the way back to swap coaches, and police had cordoned the area off, and were taking forensics off empty beer cans etc. Looked a serious incidient.

The only trouble I saw was at a service station just ouside London, a Stoke lad who was bottled and took a very nasty cut to his head by a Bolton fan. The stoke lad was ballooning however didn't deserve what he got for his troubles. It was Bolton lads who carried his first aid, and phoned for the emergency services. Police boarded every coach checking fans hands for blood to try and search out the culpit. We stopped at the same service station on the way back to swap coaches, and police had cordoned the area off, and were taking forensics off empty beer cans etc. Looked a serious incidient.

Beaconsfield wasn't it?

We turned up not long after & it was like a scene out of CSI. A couple of our party (nosey owd wimmin) tottered over for a toot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.