Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Neil Lennon

HomerJay

You're not wrong. The bloke conducts himself poorly but it's not because he's a plank, it's because British society is cruel to him.

You're way out of your element. The fact that you see this as an issue just about the guy's personality clearly proves that.

I said half a brain cell, don't flatter yourself ;)

How do you come to this conclusion? Have you spent much time in Scotland recently?

calm it I've got enough problems mate

You're way out of your element. The fact that you see this as an issue just about the guy's personality clearly proves that.

Sweetheart, this is Bolton forum, as has been pointed out, not a platform for you to patronise it's memebers with your oh so superior knowledge of the Northern Ireland conflict. So, you keep tubthumping, and I'll keep thinking he's a classless prick.

• Members

I don't know what you are on about with that last comment to be honest.

It does sound like you are trying to condone it though. Whenever i hear anyone of a blue persuasion talk about about this subject it's always a case of, ''oh aye terrible what happened with lenny gettin those bombs sent to him and his kids bein shipped off to a safe house, shockin but. No surprise he gets abuse though, did you see the way the cheeky basta cupped his ears at ibrox? Fenian basta''

Bolton Tim? Wanderer123? No doubts the Mods will check IP's.

You do seem to make a lot of assumptions/draw some long bows.

Lennon was a feisty little fooker as a player and could have been pigeon holed with that daft Welsh twat Robbie Savage.

Whole new level now. He will end up having to jack the job in. It isn't right but appointing someone as abrasive as him was a big mistake in the first place. The pressures of the Old Firm managers jobs means you need someone with dignity and integrity to carry it off and not rise to the dark side of it all.

I actually find myself having some sympathy for the bloke (which I never thought I'd say).

• Site Supporter

fuckin ell, i predict 10 pages of nonsense coming up.............................

Indeed.

Lennon may be a dick, I know the underlying cause of the hostility towards him wasn't because (in the main) he happened to play for Celtic or was Catholic ( good few NI players have been the same over the years), but he once made a comment to the NI press about " how one day he would like to play for a united Ireland team" this obviously was very inflammatory to certain sections of NI supporters and stated the abuse ball rolling and the fact he played for celtic didnt help matters.

Now since then, he may have acted like a dick and done himself no favours etc, and some may even say he deserves the shit( he may do but his kids dont) but, as well as Lennon, Paddy McCourt and Niall McGinn have also recieved bullets through the post,(sent from NI) they, have never uttered any thing, and certainly don't deserve the shit, the only things that they have in common is they are: 1) from Northern Ireland 2) play for Celtic and 3) Catholic.

Lennon may be a complete and utter dickhead, but the ones sending the bullets to young families are even bigger f?cking dickheads, and,along with the other tw?ts who still seem to think it's 1920, would be testing rope if I had a choice.

Sweetheart, this is Bolton forum, as has been pointed out, not a platform for you to patronise it's memebers with your oh so superior knowledge of the Northern Ireland conflict. So, you keep tubthumping, and I'll keep thinking he's a classless prick.

Ok lets just let it go, I don't know you nb like Andy Walker says why does he want to let himself to be subjected to this?

Ok for a BOLTON forum with a CATHOLIC manager who doesn't drink why are we making this a sectarian thread. As said before I have had threats from both sides but it gets fucking stupid and I mean stupid half the crap on here

That's a good point, I wonder what Coyle's take on this would be!? Him being a lifelong ''filth fan'' and all...

Bolty, out of interest do you ''utterly despise'' Owen Coyle? Super John? Andy Walker?

[/quote

Yes this is a BWFC forum but this particular thread is about a manager of another team, Neil Lennon and the abuse he has received as both a player and a manager. I have not mentioned the conflict in the north of ireland. It has been a pleasure talking to you, no balls. Bye.

My rather simplistic view is this:

Lennon regularly acts the cunt and rightly derided for it. And that's where it should end.

The death threats, live bullets etc is all completely out of order, as is this recent attempted assault. I say attempted, because it really was a piss poor apology of an attack.

Anyone condoning these incidents or finding them amusing needs to have a good look at themselves, because this shite is going too far.

Put the boot on the other foot for a while: Owen Coyle walked out on Burnley and became a figure of hate from their fans: there'd have been fucking uproar on here, if the Dingles had pulled a stunt like that against him.

Ssweetheart, this is Bolton forum, as has been pointed out, not a platform for you to patronise it's memebers with your oh so superior knowledge of the Northern Ireland conflict. So, you keep tubthumping, and I'll keep thinking he's a classless prick.

No balls as you have said there is no problems at the moment coz this is a Bolton forum.

if Lennon is responsible for his own actions though he should also admit he is responsible ,for his own family if he can't do this .he should at least give the namne and address of Jazza's and Barry 32k's missus

• Site Supporter

Lennon regularly acts the cunt and rightly derided for it. And that's where it should end.

The death threats, live bullets etc is all completely out of order, as is this recent attempted assault. I say attempted, because it really was a piss poor apology of an attack.

Anyone condoning these incidents or finding them amusing needs to have a good look at themselves, because this shite is going too far.

Put the boot on the other foot for a while: Owen Coyle walked out on Burnley and became a figure of hate from their fans: there'd have been fucking uproar on here, if the Dingles had pulled a stunt like that against him.

Simplistic view it may be, but it's the only rational one you'll get on this thread.

No balls as you have said there is no problems at the moment coz this is a Bolton forum.

if Lennon is responsible for his own actions though he should also admit he is responsible ,for his own family if he can't do this .he should at least give the namne and address of Jazza's and Barry 32k's missus

sorry the ex missus but hey prediction is not too bad

• Members

That's a good point, I wonder what Coyle's take on this would be!? Him being a lifelong ''filth fan'' and all...

Bolty, out of interest do you ''utterly despise'' Owen Coyle? Super John? Andy Walker?

You don't seem too bright, sonny.

I was brought up by a very wise man (conicidentally of Scottish/Irish descent)who always used to say to me 'Never judge a bloke by his religion or the colour of his skin, lad. Find the ones with good hearts and you'll never go wrong'.

The individuals you mention have been (or are) heroes of mine. I don't rate folk by their religion and only have an issue with anti British/pro IRA types which seem to be allowed to flourish at that particular football club. They fly a foreign flag over their stadium and have done nothing to reprimand those disgusting slimeballs who dishonour Remembrance Day.

Maybe you should consider fine individuals like Walter Smith and Ally McCoist who were pallbearers at Tommy Burns' funeral. Now that is the statesmanlike behaviour which should be expected from people in their positions. Ally wept at Tommys funeral - I don't think he'd p1ss on Neil Lennon if he was on fire.

I'll offer you an olive branch though. I wouldn't mind seeing Sellick win 9-0 against Motherwell on Sunday. This, however, has to be allied with a very lacklustre Rangers display a Killie where they win 1-0 with a thoroughly undeserved penalty in the 96th minute where the taker slips and the ball bobbles strangely through the keepers hands to hit one post, trickle to the other and then just fail to fully cross the line but the linesman and referee award a goal anyway. Oh yes, that would make for a fine weekend and make up for seeing the scum lift the English title again.

• Members

Nail on head.

Just one thing though - the media have been quick to fly the 'sectarian' banner over this latest incident.

Could it not just be some drunken oaf who thinks Lennons touchline antics are OTT and wanted a pop at him?

Perhaps that is a point where hatred as an excuse stops, then it must be 'sectarian'* - I fucking hate(d) Aldridge, Barry Knight et al with a passion but, I doubt it's anyone who goes to the match and spouts vitriol from either side - rather someone who sees a convenient and easy piggy back ride...Lennon is still a tw*t tho', then again so is Alan 'Mary Poppins' Shearer.

* for what it's worth it's probably the work of a shitstirring c*nt, happy in his work.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Could it not just be some drunken oaf who thinks Lennons touchline antics are OTT and wanted a pop at him?

More than possible. It's still very wrong.

Plus the stewards/police were too slow to react.

• Members

More than possible. It's still very wrong.

Plus the stewards/police were too slow to react.

Agree all round mate - I am just wondring if the media are too quick to fuel the sectarian fire just because it's the manager of that lot.

Let's be honest here, if Gary Neville goes into management, we would all be delighted if he was on the receiving end of an opposing fans punch. We might even be queueing up to buy the offender a drink (except Smiley, of course).

If this wasn't Sellicks manager with his past and recent history, would such a big deal be made out of it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.