Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

58 Points ...

Didledee

... is our best ever points total in a season, this happened in 2004/2005.

bolton6th.jpg

At the moment we are on 46 points with 5 games remaining, a possible 61 point finish.

bolton8th20102011.jpg

Fulham A, Blackburn A, Sunderland H, Blackpool A, Man City H

I think all of these are winnable, not the hardest run in at all, even though Blackburn and Blackpool are fighting relegation and Man City are going for 4th, I reckon Sturridge will haunt his former team in that game though.

Maybe this could be an incentive for the players, to go for our best ever finish, and we might possibly get that European place, win against Fulham and we're only 3 points behind Liverpool, we've proved in the F.A Cup we can go to Craven Cottage and win.

Is this false hope, or possible much? all things considering, like what we've had in recent seasons, we have had a terrific season, it could get even better, here's hoping :good:

Surely Owen Coyle has to be up there for Manager of the season.

EDIT: Blackpool A, my mistake.

Edited by Didledee

where's the banging your head against a brick wall when you need it.

We have had a decent season but if we get 61 points I will wave my cock around on the town hall steps

good to see a positive post though Dids

Maybe unrealistic, but very much possible to win 4 of the 5, we will also beat the GD and class it as our best ever Prem total finish.

Of course it's unlikely, but there is still summat to play for, I s'pose we'd want City to finish outside the top 4, Stoke would hate this outcome and in a way I want Blackburn to lose tonight and then we help in sending them down at the weekend, but and it's a big but, we can still get in Europe and finish terrifically because to me we have very winnable games.

We are on a 2 game winning streak in the League, forget the one off Semi-Final, we proved yesterday it was just that and Sturridge is on absolute fire, I'm confident, but I do understand it will be an hard task.

... is our best ever points total in a season, this happened in 2004/2005.

bolton6th.jpg

At the moment we are on 46 points with 5 games remaining, a possible 61 point finish.

bolton8th20102011.jpg

Fulham A, Blackburn A, Sunderland H, Blackpool A, Man City H

I think all of these are winnable, not the hardest run in at all, even though Blackburn and Blackpool are fighting relegation and Man City are going for 4th, I reckon Sturridge will haunt his former team in that game though.

Maybe this could be an incentive for the players, to go for our best ever finish, and we might possibly get that European place, win against Fulham and we're only 3 points behind Liverpool, we've proved in the F.A Cup we can go to Craven Cottage and win.

Is this false hope, or possible much? all things considering, like what we've had in recent seasons, we have had a terrific season, it could get even better, here's hoping :good:

Surely Owen Coyle has to be up there for Manager of the season.

EDIT: Blackpool A, my mistake.

Based on the results this season it is fair to say we need a plan B away from home.....and i do not mean a white man talking street,

Guest bwfcdan

Didle, if 58/61 points gets us into Europe are you going?

Not if this Uncle of his has anything to do with it

I don't really hate any other club, what happens, happens, however I'd find it funny to see Blackburn go down, a lad I know has constantly given me stick for them finishing higher than us and beating us for a while now[not this season], so it'll give me a little pleasure in seeing them fall.

I'd go to home games, but away games, I don't know,I can't predict the future, I didn't in our last 2 European adventures, does this make me a bad person, that's for you to decide, but that's rhetorical, keep your thoughts to yourself, I don't want to bring up all the bad fan/good fan buisness and make drivel off topic conversation.

Anyway I think it's possible, I know our away form isn't like it was in 2004-2005, but the away games are winnable and at home we are flying. Even without Europe, it's been a brilliant season, this season, unlike the last few years we now go into the final run-in trying to achieve summat positive, where as before in the last few seasons, we've been trying to avoid summat negative in relegation.

The turn-around as been immense, we had a blip in Dec/Jan and obviously we messed up at Wembley, but what a season! great football, stunning goals, rollercoaster games, entertainment galore.

I don't really hate any other club, what happens, happens, however I'd find it funny to see Blackburn go down, a lad I know has constantly given me stick for them finishing higher than us and beating us for a while now[not this season], so it'll give me a little pleasure in seeing them fall.

So all that bullshit you posted weeks back about Bolton fans wanting Liverpool to beat the Munichs(when it affected our European chances) was just a lie?

What you actually meant to say is you dont hate Man United, but you hate Blackburn so its ok to hope they lose regardless of how it affects our European chances?

I've never used it before, but I think its time the Ignore button was used.

Our difference between Home and Away has been ridiculous.

Taking everyones home form into consideration, we would be 4th in the table. Away form letting us down big time though. ALthough saying that I reckon we could easily win away at Blackburn and Blackpool. We always tend to struggle at Fulham but I can see us getting something there too

Next season will be better.... you heard in here first

We have been great at home this season by and large and forgetting the semi were hard to beat in the FA cup.

Owen will sort out or less than impressive away form and we will qualify for Europe

So all that bullshit you posted weeks back about Bolton fans wanting Liverpool to beat the Munichs(when it affected our European chances) was just a lie?

What you actually meant to say is you dont hate Man United, but you hate Blackburn so its ok to hope they lose regardless of how it affects our European chances?

I've never used it before, but I think its time the Ignore button was used.

No, I don't hate Blackburn, I don't hate any team, I want and believe we can get Europe, so I'd actually prefer a Blackburn win tonight, as that is the best result for Bolton, seeing Blackburn fall, would satisfy a side of me that would 'get one over on a mate' however unlike the Liverpool/Man United, I would prefer the best result for Bolton.

If we lose out to Liverpool by a point and say Man United win the League, which they will, then the people who wanted Liverpool to win that game, are they happy now in hindsight?

I couldn't care less if Blackburn went down or not, it's not important, I'm not into the rivalry stuff.

P.S Garrp you can use the ignore button doesn't effect me in a anyway, but you are the last person on this board to tell anyone anything about football, you called me a sheep, I proved I was right, you say Higuain is better than Messi, you looked like a fool.

P.S X2 - Funny how I make a positive post, but it get's turned into a negative by Garrp, I'm sure he does it now on purpose, a thread basher.

Edited by Didledee

P.S X2 - Funny how I make a positive post, but it get's turned into a negative by Garrp, I'm sure he does it now on purpose, a thread basher.

I'm gonna say 59 Didds, Taking 6th place on the last day of the season after beating City costing them 4th place and into Europe we go. :dribble:

I'm gonna say 59 Didds, Taking 6th place on the last day of the season after beating City costing them 4th place and into Europe we go. :dribble:

Out of the five I'd say there's more chance of us dropping points at Blackpool, City will finish 4th in my opinion, Stoke will be hoping they do anyway, as we would if we won the Semi.

Did someone else post this for you?

In a way.

Meaning it's a secondary thought, unlike the other thread I want the best result for Bolton, not vice versa and satisfy my feelings towards an other club before thinking what's best for Bolton.

Blackburn win first, if they don't, then 'in a way' I can then get even with a friend and next week the game involves us and of course I want us to win, if it helps sending Blackburn down, then it's not what the club is, it's the reaction/banter I can have with a mate.

Totally the opposite to the other thread, but aye Garrp, whatever way you think, I won't be able to change your pattern of thought, so be a good lad, put me on ignore and stop hi-jacking my theads with your arse licking, trying to cause arguments/drivel.

Edited by Didledee

Now we can see just how expensive the 2 losses to Liverpool were... without them we would be in a much better place!

Exactly, we have both earned the same amount of points of the other teams, it's just Liverpool's 2 very late and not really deserved victories over us give them 6 more points.

We don't need to play each other and on average we are equal with them against other teams, Liverpool are in form atm, but we can still over take them, we have a game in hand also, so the big game is Fulham, lose and our chances look slim, win and it's all to play for.

we can't win an argument away from the Reebok, why should it change at Fulham?

i hope it does though

Well we beat them in the F.A Cup 1-0 at their place, I know it's different, we beat Birmingham 3-2 in the Cup away, but then lost 2-1 in the League[mainly because of Foster].

We don't have a great record in the League against Fulham, but that 1-0 win should give us belief that we can/are capable of winning again there.

Next season will be better.... you heard in here first

We have been great at home this season by and large and forgetting the semi were hard to beat in the FA cup.

Owen will sort out or less than impressive away form and we will qualify for Europe

To be fair most teams do well in the cup other than the game they lose :D

Well we beat them in the F.A Cup 1-0 at their place, I know it's different, we beat Birmingham 3-2 in the Cup away, but then lost 2-1 in the League[mainly because of Foster].

We don't have a great record in the League against Fulham, but that 1-0 win should give us belief that we can/are capable of winning again there.

We drew 1-1 in the league last season at Craven Cottage in a game that we should have won.

No, I don't hate Blackburn, I don't hate any team, I want and believe we can get Europe, so I'd actually prefer a Blackburn win tonight, as that is the best result for Bolton, seeing Blackburn fall, would satisfy a side of me that would 'get one over on a mate' however unlike the Liverpool/Man United, I would prefer the best result for Bolton.

If we lose out to Liverpool by a point and say Man United win the League, which they will, then the people who wanted Liverpool to win that game, are they happy now in hindsight?

I couldn't care less if Blackburn went down or not, it's not important, I'm not into the rivalry stuff.

P.S Garrp you can use the ignore button doesn't effect me in a anyway, but you are the last person on this board to tell anyone anything about football, you called me a sheep, I proved I was right, you say Higuain is better than Messi, you looked like a fool.

No I blame Arsenal for not holding on to the one nil lead the other week. For fuck sake you can't pin point one game out of a 38 game season if we fail to get into Europe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.