Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pub Lunch - Where To Go?

• Site Supporter

I don't remember that. Are you not thinking about the Beehive, which I would imagine is truly terrible seeing as it's got a "wacky" warehouse attached.

Anyway, it's the same group as the Malt House over Chorley. Not fine dining, but it's not bad.

No sure it was BLundell im talking about 4 years ago. I went for lunch and it was superb then a few months later it had turned into a brewers fayre kind of pub, now it looks back to being a good food place, can only fond one review that backs up my thoughts

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/378488-Blundell-Arms-Horwich

The Blundell is a weird place, used to go almost on a weekly basis a few years ago...but you could go from the sublime to shite.

More often than not, shite.

Not been back for food for about 3-4 years now. Think its a chef and brewer job now.

Cherry Tree was really good when we went, but that was soon after opening.

Frankie & Benny's: fat Yanks love it.

I went in once. It was full of children and balloons. I was so scared and had to leave before they even took us to our table.

I've no idea what the food is like but I'll not go again.

I went in once. It was full of children and balloons. I was so scared and had to leave before they even took us to our table.

I've no idea what the food is like but I'll not go again.

Its aimed at kids during the day, and at ?3.50 for a pint you wouldnt go their to get pissed at nite

I was at the Blundell, with the family, in mid-March and the food wasn't that bad at all. It was closed for a couple of weeks late last year to do the place up, although i could not tell the difference. The menu is on a rotational basis depending upon the season and what special weeks they have planned.

A word of warning - stay away from the Amstel beer - its shit over here but at the Blundell its even worse!

But i do love their Gammon and Eggs :thumbsup:

I was at the Blundell, with the family, in mid-March and the food wasn't that bad at all. It was closed for a couple of weeks late last year to do the place up, although i could not tell the difference. The menu is on a rotational basis depending upon the season and what special weeks they have planned.

Always go to the Blundell when I'm back, reckon it's ok and much better than Bob's Smithy, but they tend to have better ales.

A word of warning - stay away from the Amstel beer - its shit over here but at the Blundell its even worse!

But i do love their Gammon and Eggs :thumbsup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.