Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Seized Brakes

Smiffs

Will it move at all? If so, keep banging the brakes, stopping, starting, stopping, starting etc.

If not, take the wheels off and check if it's the pads/discs that have rusted up.

NB - Used to be a piston head when she had shit cars :D

Don't you know a mechanic? :roll:

you want him shot?

No!! Far from it!!

Who'll buy me out of the house then?! :)

He's a decent fella by all accounts and so long as the kids are ok then I care not who shes with. Single people move on.

So rubber mallet....a flaggers maul will have to do. I'll get me riggers and scruffs on int morn so I look the part.

No!! Far from it!!

Who'll buy me out of the house then?! :)

He's a decent fella by all accounts and so long as the kids are ok then I care not who shes with. Single people move on.

So rubber mallet....a flaggers maul will have to do. I'll get me riggers and scruffs on int morn so I look the part.

is he a white bolton wanderers fan then hahaha?

My guess is it's just the handbrake(rear wheels) that are stuck.

Start the van,put it in reverse,release handrake then sharply release clutch.If this doesn't work initially, stick it in first gear and release clutch, then quickly stick it in reverse and release the clutch - if you repeat this quickly you'll be creating like a rocking motion, this should be enough to release it.

Start the van,put it in reverse,release handrake then sharply release clutch.If this doesn't work initially, stick it in first gear and release clutch, then quickly stick it in reverse and release the clutch - if you repeat this quickly you'll be creating like a rocking motion, this should be enough to release it.

That's what fat Kylie said further up :roll:

With revs or just let it stall?

That's what fat Kylie said further up :roll:

Where did FK mention putting the car in reverse? :pardon:

With revs or just let it stall?

Yes with some revs, but without overdoing it and always be ready with your foot brake - because if the brake does release suddenly......you're off.

It's the sort of bouncing action that you need, try 3 times in reverse - then 3 times in 1st gear, then repeat the process..

If that doesnt work,then you'll have to pay a bloke in an oily overall, who shakes his head a lot whilst inhaling through gritted teeth.

Where did FK mention putting the car in reverse? :pardon:

Yes with some revs, but without overdoing it and always be ready with your foot brake - because if the brake does release suddenly......you're off.

It's the sort of bouncing action that you need, try 3 times in reverse - then 3 times in 1st gear, then repeat the process..

If that doesnt work,then you'll have to pay a bloke in an oily overall, who shakes his head a lot whilst inhaling through gritted teeth and rubbing his belly with a balloon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.