Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Miracles

Can the people who belive in them please make themselves known, because without one we are not going to survive.

It's not about the optimists and the doom mongers, the cold hard facts are that we are showing no signs whatsoever that we can get out of this situation.

Go down, and we're fucked. Proper fucked.

• Site Supporter

I think OC has been found out at Bolton. I also think if he hadn't come to us and stayed at Burnley, he was just about to be found out there too.

Whilst a win or two would send us up the table, I can't honestly see it coming with OC in charge. We need to get either a more motivational manager or stop folk turning up with a dozen of their mates pretending to be the backroom staff. I think this is probably the first time in 37 years of watching the whites that I don't actually know the name of the Assistant Manager. That says a lot more about the management other than, "He must be a decent man for the job because he's ex-Bolton!" It's time we forgot about the emotional ties we have with Coyle. Like it or not, he will take us down. While there are still clubs within reach we need to reach them quickly before they start picking up points to remain out of reach.

Micky D

I dont know you but you seem like a decent lad from what Ive read of your posts and whilst I agree with much of your comments, especially about the backroom staff, I just dont think we will go down. Under Gary Megson I had that awful feeling of dread week in week out and whilst we may not be better off in terms of points or places under Owen Coyle I just dont have the same feeling.

I cant back it up other than its a gut-feeling so on that strength ill put my limited money where my big mouth is, do you fancy a personal wager, say ?20 , winner gives it to charity of their choice ?

• Site Supporter

I think this is probably the first time in 37 years of watching the whites that I don't actually know the name of the Assistant Manager. That says a lot more about the management other than,

Sandy Stewart.. wouldn't recognise him in the street, I have never heard of him as a player although I know he was a full back, This is itself is worrying as this is where we are having most problems, surely an ex-player would have some influence on the position they used to play ??

To make matters worse the First team coach is also an ex defender but has never played in the top league, (I have never heard of him either)!

Can the people who belive in them please make themselves known, because without one we are not going to survive.

It's not about the optimists and the doom mongers, the cold hard facts are that we are showing no signs whatsoever that we can get out of this situation.

two matches ago wining 5 - 0 was just a miracle never to be repeated then! :crazy:

i agree we are in trouble but it does not mean we are uncapable of turning it around.

To make matters worse the First team coach is also an ex defender but has never played in the top league, (I have never heard of him either)!

Steve Davis?

Aptly named, because we'll need snookers by the end of January to stay up.

• Site Supporter

Micky D

I dont know you but you seem like a decent lad from what Ive read of your posts and whilst I agree with much of your comments, especially about the backroom staff, I just dont think we will go down. Under Gary Megson I had that awful feeling of dread week in week out and whilst we may not be better off in terms of points or places under Owen Coyle I just dont have the same feeling.

I cant back it up other than its a gut-feeling so on that strength ill put my limited money where my big mouth is, do you fancy a personal wager, say ?20 , winner gives it to charity of their choice ?

Hey, I don't actually have a hope that OC takes us down or anything like that. Just because I have voiced an opinion on an internet forum doesn't mean I wish to throw money away, even for charity, to enable me that right to opinionate.

I really hope I'm wrong about Coyle.

• Moderators

I think OC has been found out at Bolton. I also think if he hadn't come to us and stayed at Burnley, he was just about to be found out there too.

just about?

they were dropping like a lead balloon when he left and hadn't won in quite some time if I remember right

as for being found out

you might be right

he can get a good squad of players playing as we saw last year and season before

but can he build a good side himself? it would perhaps seem not, or certainly we need to be bringing in a much better quality of player than Pratley if we're just going to put them in the side and expect them to play

if we need a miracle stay up will you give me odds on this miracle.

the odds of a number coming up on roulette is 36/1 and that happens every spin so not a miracle.

a miracle is less likely to happen so odds for a miracle should be well over 100/1, what price are you offering?

• Members

A load of old flannel. All sorts can happen - it's not even December yet.

New manager

January transfer window.

We get Holden back and relegation contenders get growing injury lists.

Thank fcuk some of you weren't around when Adolf was on the march. We'd have thrown in the towel after Sudetenland.

A load of old flannel. All sorts can happen - it's not even December yet.

New manager

January transfer window.

We get Holden back and relegation contenders get growing injury lists.

Thank fcuk some of you weren't around when Adolf was on the march. We'd have thrown in the towel after Sudetenland.

Hold on a minute

If some folk want change it's because they want a positive outcome not because they've given up...

So, if you're going to use a WW2 analogy, maybe just maybe, we have Chamberlain in charge at the moment and need a Churchill? :D

• Members

Hold on a minute

If some folk want change it's because they want a positive outcome not because they've given up...

So, if you're going to use a WW2 analogy, maybe just maybe, we have Chamberlain in charge at the moment and need a Churchill? :D

...and 'new manager' didn't hint at this for you?

Could have sworn he said words to the effect of 'without a miracle we won't survive'. Sounds close to defeatism to me.

Serious question. If we went down, once all the attendant grave financial issues had settled, would the sky really fall in? Not that I think we will be relegated but I feel sure Bolton Wanderers would continue and the sun would still come up (well, it would where I am anyway ;))

Well Christmas is coming you never know we might get a few miracles!

We just need a bit of luck on the injury front, we cant count on Chungy or Holden coming back as the season will probably be over before they can get back playing so we will have to go with what we have got, maybe another loan signing in January or if Cahill goes a couple more signings?

Whatever happens we have got to keep our fingers crossed and get behind the lads, COYWM!

...and 'new manager' didn't hint at this for you?

Could have sworn he said words to the effect of 'without a miracle we won't survive'. Sounds close to defeatism to me.

Serious question. If we went down, once all the attendant grave financial issues had settled, would the sky really fall in? Not that I think we will be relegated but I feel sure Bolton Wanderers would continue and the sun would still come up (well, it would where I am anyway ;))

For the avoidance of doubt my point was without this change - and soon - we are going down. Because right now we aren't showing anthing that suggest we are capable of changing.

Apologies for not being more explicit.

For the avoidance of doubt my point was without this change - and soon - we are going down. Because right now we aren't showing anthing that suggest we are capable of changing.

Apologies for not being more explicit.

No, that's succinct and to the point.

Talking of miracles : "Wanderers defensive duo Joe Riley and Sam Ricketts believe it is only a matter of weeks before they return to match action." Offish site. Our medical staff must be working miracles as we speak. Just not sure who for though.

If we can stagger along for the next 2 months or so, we might have nearly a full squad available. Or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.