Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If You Had To Hand Pick Your Remaining Fixtures

Mounts Kipper

They would look something like our remaining fixtures most of them against safe mid table teams only Newcastle and Spurs have something to play for most of the other teams should be on the beach and the others against our rivals for relegation, if we do not dig our way out of this shit it will be a disgrace.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

We need to be looking to win at Wolves as their arses have gone and they'll be the worst team left we have to play.

THere's 3 home games in WBA, FUlham and Swansea where you'd probably be looking at 7pts at the start of the season, but you could make a strong case for us losing them all based on current form and line-ups. Would be happy with 5pts.

It'll take a lot more than a very fortunate win against QPR to make me confident that Bolton can get points of teams we think we can/should. But we on paper do have games which are better than other teams around us and we've now put it in our own hands.

I'd love to be confident, but that game could have been 5 losses in a row, that loss v Wigan at home as done a lot of damage in any belief I had in them, if they can beat Everton away, they can beat Wolves etc, but we're so terrible and when we get points we usually follow them up with a loss, so inconsistent, no point beating Liverpool and Everton to then lose to Wigan and Norwich, hopefully QPR wasn't ANOTHER game with false hope.

As it stands, I think it'll go all the way, I just hope the thrashing we'll get at Spurs doesn't effect us like when we lost to Stoke last season.

Edited by Didledee

Because we didn't play well, infact we we're very poor imo, we scored a good second goal and the first goal looks offside like Cisse's, QPR had more chances and it was a controversial game, we won and that's al that matters, but I don't think we deserved 3 points performance wise.

Even if it shouldn't have been a corner, If Hill's goal stood, I doubt we'd have got 3 points, Zamora and Macky came closer than anything we did.

Edited by Didledee

the first goal looks offside

been attempting the impossible and trying to make sense of the offside law

the diagram on page 8 is best

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf

as I understand it, as pratley's leg is beyond the last defender at the time the ball is played, he's offside

diddles screendump below

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/70946-wanderers-2-qpr-1/page__view__findpost__p__975693

Any part of the body that can score a goal that is ahead of the last defender when the ball is played is offside, I'm sure you could score with your arse if you tried, right leg is obvious and from that angle Pratley is offside, the offside rule is a little confusing, if a keeper stood just before the halway line, all players ahead of him would be offside even if there are defenders behind the keeper.

It happened in the WC, if a keeper is ahead of opposition attackers, then they're offside, so if a keeper was near halfway, players would have to shoot from their own half, if a defence put players on the line, it'd take some shot to beat them from 45+ yards.

I know it sounds weird, but from what I understand (what do I know, right) that is a logical point I make, it'd be probably known as ungentlemanly and not in the spirit of the game, but I think it's right, anyone ahead of the keeper is offside, you're not offside in your own half ( a bug on FIFA, means you can be though, pffft) so if the keeper is stood near half way, the only way to score is to shoot infront of the keeper or a player dribbles on his own and doesn't pass.

Edited by Didledee

I know it sounds weird, but from what I understand (what do I know, right) that is a logical point I make, it'd be probably known as ungentlemanly and not in the spirit of the game, but I think it's right, anyone ahead of the keeper is offside, you're not offside in your own half ( a bug on FIFA, means you can be though, pffft) so if the keeper is stood near half way, the only way to score is to shoot infront of the keeper or a player dribbles on his own and doesn't pass.

That's not how it is Diddles. Honest.