Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Tottenham 4

Guest bwfcdan

We had players who let us down tonight which is so annoying. Mark Davies not getting goal side is annoying and he should have been with Modric to stop that first goal.

The start to the second half was brilliant and I really thought we would go on and win it but we lost our structure and pushed up too much.

Can we stay up; of course we can - we still need the 4 points maximum and Stoke City are the team that decides where we play next season; a win for them Sunday will mean we just need to grab a point from West Brom and Stoke

Just want the season over; its been a shocking one and even the championship cant be as bad as this has been..... can it?

I think we all feel deflated, one thing strikes out. We do not tackle anymore, we semi close the opposition down the back off until its too late and they're past us. Stems from midfield through to the back four.

What happened to getting stuck in? Only player with mud on them tonight was Davo and Boyata.

Regardless of our fate, we need a coach who can teach these lads how to tackle.

Yeh yeh Spurs are quick anarl that, and we can't deal with pace, also their 1st touch and movement was far superior too ours - but they've spent mega bucks assembling that side.

West Brom are no Spurs, and neither are Stoke.....we can beat 'em both.

COYWM.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

You predicted we would beat Tottenham 3-1 so forgive us for not hanging on to your every word.Getting a point against West Brom is the hard part for these players.They can't function as an adequate PL team in home games.If WBA give 100% they'll win.

I also predicted two wins in our previous games. Against two mid table teams we will stay up :)

I think we all feel deflated, one thing strikes out. We do not tackle anymore, we semi close the opposition down the back off until its too late and they're past us. Stems from midfield through to the back four.

What happened to getting stuck in? Only player with mud on them tonight was Davo and Boyata.

Cant tackle for shite,we must have the softest midfield in all the divisions.

Shows where we are as a team when an 18 year old came on the pitch and showed more effort and desire than most of his teammates, well done Josh Vela

Klasnic is pointless, waste of a sub

The signing of Sordell baffles me more and more every game

Its all rather depressing, with the lack of organisation and discipline in keeping a decent shape highlighted once again

Its 11 players seemingly doing their own thing every week

3 pussies in midfield and Reo Coker, who is our only hope in trying to keep it together

Shows where we are as a team when an 18 year old came on the pitch and showed more effort and desire than most of his teammates, well done Josh Vela

Its all rather depressing, with the lack of organisation and discipline in keeping a decent shape highlighted once again

3 pussies in midfield and Reo Coker, who is our only hope in trying to keep it together

Apart from all that though,everythings alreet. :glare:

• Moderators

You don't tackle when all you do in training is play 8 a side one touch, though it worked nicely for our goal

However

Bar that wonder goal we kept it narrow first half and stopped Lennon more often than not, bale never got a sniff

Soon as we took the game to them second half it opened wide up, bale got it wide and they picked us off

West brom will be organised but doubt they will be able to attack us with pace

That's my hope anyway

Sordell was a target for a while. we either had to get him in january or risk losing him to cardiff. so we bought him.

it's logical and there is nothing baffling about it.

People keep shouting for sordell to be brought on even though they know jack shit about him or how good he is.

Sordell was a target for a while. we either had to get him in january or risk losing him to cardiff. so we bought him.

People keep shouting for sordell to be brought on even though they know jack shit about him or how good he is.

Surely it can't do any harm if we give him a few games, instead of a striker who can't score at home.

Edited by xxxxxx

Stop being so negative about tonight.

Lots of stuff to be pleased about.

The reaction of the crowd being the most impressive when we equalised.

I know they went up the other end and effectively finished the game but thems the breaks.....

Never a 1 - 4 imo

Also, David N'gog's technique and ball control is hideous. Stil not sure what his strengths are.

Which part of his technique?

He holds it up brilliantly and I reckon his first touch is as good as we've seen for ages.....

The only thing is he doesn't score goals, which I appreciate is a problem.....

• Moderators

It's baffling in that your first paragraph sort of contradicts your last

We either place our faith in coyles judgment or we don't, he's the one putting the team together

Till he gives him a chance at this level we don't know why he bought him when we're desperately trying to strengthen the squad to keep us at this level

There's been a lot of games where we've struggled up front since we bought him and all he's had is 10 mins or so v Norwich

• Moderators

It's like them that say NGog was never going to be a goal scorer

We've spent ?7-8m on two forwards who have returned nowt in the way of goals to keep us up

One holds it up well, one doesn't play, Davies is shit more often than not and klasnic hasn't got more than 30 mins in him

And we concede loads

It's all wrong

Next season can't come soon enough

Regardless of division or manager

Stop being so negative about tonight.

Lots of stuff to be pleased about.

The reaction of the crowd being the most impressive when we equalised.

I know they went up the other end and effectively finished the game but thems the breaks.....

Never a 1 - 4 imo

I thoughts we did well in parts, but got caught out a bit too much. But as you said, it was never a 4-1 scoreline. Boyata was awful, and Ricketts didn't have his best game. To be honest, there's no shame in losing to Spurs...., and I guess they were due a win at the Reebok and away win in the league. Just our bad luck we had to be the team.

Anyways, anything from the game tonight would have been a bonus. We now have to move forward and attack West Brom. Surely we're due a couple of clean sheets?