Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Itk Transfer Rumours

miamiwhite

Guest bwfcdan

would be a cracking signing,but i can't see him choosing us over celtic. hope he does though

Sunday League or Football League. Surely he'd come to us. According to Nixon he wants to stay down here too.

the jock rag,daily record says celtic are trying to get him on a season long loan,due to being put off the asking price of ?3million and wages of ?25k a week.

if coyle is ready to make a move at that price,surely we've actually got a few bob to spend then ?

• Site Supporter

the jock rag,daily record says celtic are trying to get him on a season long loan,due to being put off the asking price of ?3million and wages of ?25k a week.

if coyle is ready to make a move at that price,surely we've actually got a few bob to spend then ?

What were lamp post knights wages and what did we offer him to stay??

Think 25k would be out of our reach tbh

you think it would pal,but you know what our lot are like,tight as cramp.

could be worse,could be brett ormerod at blackpool. they've done another classic and offered him a contract of just ?15k a year. he'd get more at asda !

Edited by miamiwhite

Guest Frandsen08

Didn't they also recently offer Robbie Fowler something like ?90 per week, and then extra based on games played.

?90 per every 90 minutes completed.

i like that whopper in the bolton news re the senegal winger,Modou Sogou. that was on the sportsoverdose site weeks ago,really struggling to fill their space. they should ask me for help in filling the back page :innocent:

talking of clubs with daft contract deals.......our favourite yid Ben Haim has certainly used pompey as his cash cow.

they offered him ?350,000 to basically piss off but he's standing firm on his deal as any astute 3x2 would do. he's halfway through a 4year deal worth ?8million,plus image rights.

So,he's on ?40k a week for the next 2 years playing the likes of the Bucketshakers and Carlisle,won't get much on the image rights though.

Ridiculous and no wonder why pompey went tits up

You can't blame Ben Haim, he was offered the contract and he took it, so he's perfectly entitled to his money.

What I am uncomfortable with is when clubs go into administration and the knock-on effect this has on local businesses/the clubs creditors to whom an unpaid ?40k debt is a hell of a lot of money.

It's certainly not the fault of Ben Haim, but forking out that sort of wage in that division could easily see Portsmouth entering administration again in the near future (I presume they are now out of administration.....) - I would imagine that Ben Haim isn't the only player still on their books earning a Premier League sized wage

like you say,he's entitled to the money,but look at the rangers players reducing their salaries by 75% and others like our very fast winger gregg wylde,leaving to help the club out. no shame some folk

# gregg wylde - very fast - because no defender has ever seen him

alan nixon saying we're close to signing a centre back and a central midfielder who'd both be in the starting X1. Matt Mills obviously the centre back,any ideas on the central midfielder ? must be a good un to step straight into the side

• Moderators

i like that whopper in the bolton news re the senegal winger,Modou Sogou. that was on the sportsoverdose site weeks ago,really struggling to fill their space. they should ask me for help in filling the back page :innocent:

I bet no other fucker has ever heard of him but I loved Sogou when he was at Academica Coimbra. He was there when Vilas-Boas turned them round.

Absolutely fucking superb one week, utter mentalist the next. Either played a blinder or get sent off. I was surprised a big club didn't come in for him.

danny murphy to bolton on a two year deal....ITK FACT.

Would be delighted with that. It'd seem a bit odd having a midfielder who actually wants the ball though and, as a double whammy, can then actually pass it to a teammate

We might even score the occasional free-kick too.

... but I'm sure I read the Cottagers were offering him a new deal..?